Russian expat found dead with needle in arm at Phuket apartment

webfact

Russian expat found dead with needle in arm at Phuket apartment
Phuket Gazette

rus.jpeg
Medics remove the body of a Russian expat found dead at an apartment in Kao Rang. Photo: Winai Sarot

PHUKET: -- The body of a Russian man with a needle embedded in his left arm was discovered at an apartment in Kao Rang yesterday.

The man has been identified as a 38-year-old computer programmer. The Gazette is withholding his name until his family has been notified of his death.

The body was discovered by a concerned colleague, who went to check up on the Russian after he failed to turn up for work on Monday.

“The colleague alerted staff at the apartment building on Mae Luan Road at 3.40pm after seeing a trickle of blood from under the balcony door of the deceased’s 2-bedroom apartment.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Russian-expat-found-dead-needle-arm-Phuket/63940?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-05-24

Russian computer programmer found dead in Phuket
Eakkapop Thongtub

1464067220_1-org.jpg
The Russian man was found dead in his room after co-workers arrived worried for his well-being. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A Russian man who worked in Phuket as a computer programmer was found dead of suspected drug overdose in a rented room in Phuket Town yesterday afternoon (May 23).

The man’s Thai motorcycle driver’s license identified the man* turned 39 years old last Friday (May 20). Police later noted in their report that the man was a Russian national.

A caretaker at Khao Rang View Mansion serviced apartments off Mae Luan Rd called police at 3:40pm after finding the man dead in his room on the top floor of the apartment block.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-computer-programmer-found-dead-in-phuket-57555.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-05-24

He may have gotten some uncut pure dope ( H ) or some rat poison, but with the needle still in place, I will leave the guess work to those with more knowledge than I have about these situations. I made mention of the 2 possibilities due to my conversatations with a friend who worked in the narc group in a large area known for drug use, avaliability, sales etc. Some of his recounts of what they encountered was not for the faint of heart.

Sad if true but it's a bit strange that the alert was raised after they saw a trickle of blood under the apartment door!! Isn't that a bit unusual for sticking yourself with a needle?

"The colleague alerted staff at the apartment building on Mae Luan Road at 3.40pm after seeing a trickle of blood from under the balcony door of the deceased’s 2-bedroom apartment."

Sad if true but it's a bit strange that the alert was raised after they saw a trickle of blood under the apartment door!! Isn't that a bit unusual for sticking yourself with a needle?

"The colleague alerted staff at the apartment building on Mae Luan Road at 3.40pm after seeing a trickle of blood from under the balcony door of the deceaseds 2-bedroom apartment."

I would wait until the cause of death is disclosed.

If it's a drug overdose, it ain't sad.

I'm not a junkie but I have known a few. There is no reason for an amount of blood to trickle enough to been seen on the other side of a door. The needle size is not large enough and if was still in place, it sounds even fishier.

"The colleague alerted staff at the apartment building on Mae Luan Road at 3.40pm after seeing a trickle of blood from under the balcony door of the deceaseds 2-bedroom apartment."

I would wait until the cause of death is disclosed.

If it's a drug overdose, it ain't sad.

If it ain't 'sad' what is it?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did he have a work permit ? RIP.

Probably not

Is there a work permit required for shooting drugs into yourself??

Meantime.....Sounds like there is more to the story while these sort of stories are passed on amongst all the media companies that post such stories without any substance leaving everyone guessing as to how the guy really died.

Blood trickling under the door?

Geez, there would have to be a fair amount of blood flowing out of the man and I surmise the guy would have to be pretty close to the door as injecting a needle into yourself does not result in much blood at all flowing out of your body.

99.9 % chance the death will be stated as Suicide.

RIP

Cheers

I'm not a junkie but I have known a few. There is no reason for an amount of blood to trickle enough to been seen on the other side of a door. The needle size is not large enough and if was still in place, it sounds even fishier.

I don't want to get into the detective stuff but if he cut his head when he collapsed a large amount of blood could be explained I think. A little blood goes a long way. If there was already a smell of decay from the room the blood would by then be dry rather than a 'trickle'.

No drugs were found. Wonder if he used all or if someone else there at the time who removed leftovers.

Back to my day job now (ie making unqualified posts on forums).

Archived