Udon Thani bar areas

Kenny202

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are looking for beer bars Night and Day in Soi Sampan about 6-10 bars plus more smaller ones then around the corner near the night market you Nutty Park plenty of bars also out the main soi.

Plenty of hello hansum man just have to watch out plenty LB as well

Pretty slim pickings :-( Either really old girls (one looks preggas!) or the better girls only seem to be interested in eating or playing with their phones these days. Maybe I just not hansum anymore :-(

I haven't been for awhile but yes mainly old has been's that have retired from patong or patts because they could not make a quid there either have heard if you look a bit harder out side the square there is a chance you will find a cheap young one?

Well today I'm feeling like the elephant man. Girls actually turn their back wen you walk in the bar so you don't interrupt facebook. How do the bars or the girls make any money?

Get to the Fun Bar...newish bar English owned....inbetween Italian Restaurant and night and day complex.......very good nice young girls maybe 15 of them....full of fun .....and they arnt allowed to use their mobile phones whilst in the bar.....rolling back the years.....better than 99% of pattaya bars....and a pair of 20 year old twins....to talk to....have fun in the FUN BAR

Been in Udon for over a decade, and just watched it decline in both number of punters, and quality of service (probably mobile phone is a part of that).

I used to talk the place up, but now I wouldn't recommend it for anyone looking for pay per play - it's here alright, but you have to forage.

I don't partake in that anymore (though I did have my stint years ago). I would suggest that if good time no strings attached is the agenda, then there are better alternatives. If you want to talk with retired farangs and find a quiet place then you might be in with a chance also.

I like the place generally, but have to understand its limitations also. As mentioned in above posts there are a lot of workers at the end of their career with no customers, and it has changed from an employee to a freelance place - wherever there are customers is where they'll wander (yet the bar fine remains).

Looking in places like Nutty Park you can count 20 freelancers for every passer by wandering around looking for a place that appeals to them (maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but not much). Almost like they've taken the tourist service mentality and tried to bring it to the backwaters of expat areas (Thais are smarter in that sense, and know where to go, and wouldn't be seen dead in a foreigner based area), and it isn't quite working out for customer seeking hopefuls some reason unknown to them.

Quite a desperate area there.

You won't find any young innocents. Mostly over 30...and rough.

They take no nonsense, so it is not a fun place at all. Can get a beer, but lots of old fogeys.

Mostly they watch television.

So just like most beer bars in Pattaya then ;)

Quite a desperate area there.

You won't find any young innocents. Mostly over 30...and rough.

They take no nonsense, so it is not a fun place at all. Can get a beer, but lots of old fogeys.

Mostly they watch television.

So just like most beer bars in Pattaya then ;)
Yes I've found pattaya and Bkk all gone to shit from what it was 10 years ago. Like I said I don't know how the girls make any money. I mean it's a good thing but they don't even ask for drinks. Looking at me it's probably obvious I'm not a tourist. Maybe early in the evening they're waiting to snag a prospective young husband. Anyway my night finished on a very happy note :-)

Pretty slim pickings :-( Either really old girls (one looks preggas!) or the better girls only seem to be interested in eating or playing with their phones these days. Maybe I just not hansum anymore :-(

Don't put yourself down Kenny, it happens to the best of us !

The district town I live close to, has four karaoke bars, maybe more that I don't know about. Nobody speaks English. Two of the four have run down ladies from who knows where, one is a little better. The fourth brings over good looking young Lao girls, some too young. You might want to ask around if there is a bar that has Lao girls, it will be frequented by Thais, not farangs.

The district town I live close to, has four karaoke bars, maybe more that I don't know about. Nobody speaks English. Two of the four have run down ladies from who knows where, one is a little better. The fourth brings over good looking young Lao girls, some too young. You might want to ask around if there is a bar that has Lao girls, it will be frequented by Thais, not farangs.

What district u in mate? Pm me if u like. Have one were I live too but have heard stories about farangs having problems with drunken thais in these places. Annoying you wanting to buy drinks etc. What's the protocol? Prices? They open day time or only night? Mate of mine says your expected to buy a bottle of expensive whisky. I don't drink so a waste of money for me. Anyone know a good place near or in Khon Kaen. I've seen one karaoke bar on lao nadi road (big golden bridge road into kk) in KK near the train line. Are there others?

Get to the Fun Bar...newish bar English owned....inbetween Italian Restaurant and night and day complex.......very good nice young girls maybe 15 of them....full of fun .....and they arnt allowed to use their mobile phones whilst in the bar.....rolling back the years.....better than 99% of pattaya bars....and a pair of 20 year old twins....to talk to....have fun in the FUN BAR

FYI , show ponies, just to talk to, i should know , crap.

The bar I go to, we have no problem, with the Thais, just don't be an <deleted> I have never had one ask for a drink, and have had a couple bought for us. There is no pressure to buy any drinks, but some girls may ask for a spy, and sometimes you are charged ฿100 for the girl to sit with you, sometimes not, that seems to be hit and miss, although if you are just drinking soda, they may ask, the bar has to make money somehow. I have never partaked in the girls, too close to home for me, but I have heard the cost is between ฿1,500 and ฿2,000 all inclusive.

Jeez that's expensive. There are nice places here with nice rooms for under 1500. I thought the thai places would be under 1000

Exsuse me , i think he means , 1500 bht ST ,, { Fyi , short time ]

about norm price in udon , unless you are IN often, can have discount

, In my case a ST, is 5 hours , 1000 bht . oh you are awful . giggle.gif

Jeez that's expensive. There are nice places here with nice rooms for under 1500. I thought the thai places would be under 1000

Exsuse me , i think he means , 1500 bht ST ,, { Fyi , short time ]

about norm price in udon , unless you are IN often, can have discount

, In my case a ST, is 5 hours , 1000 bht . oh you are awful . giggle.gif

1500 bt for an hour or so in a grotty Thai karaoke bar? I thought those places for local Thais? They wouldn't have 1500 baht to throw away like that. Understand that's the price farang bar or soapie

FYI , show ponies, just to talk to, i should know , crap.

At Least they talk to you and make a fuss about you......ive been in pattaya 3 times in the last 12 months you carnt get a woman to look at you never mind talk to you..there again the average age must be up around 40 in pattaya bars as well as over weight and not the best looking girls in Thailand either...

Well, what can I say? Being the owner of this bar I find the quote above to be very encouraging, thank you. A slight correction is that the girls are allowed to carry their phones with them and respond to "important" calls. It's a constant but friendly battle though, they just want to play them all of the time! The maximum age as permitted by my human resources director (wife) is 30 years old but the average age is 21. If all of the staff turn up (infrequently) the total is 14. By the way ... I'm having a great time.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Edit ... The decision of "to go or not to go" is left entirely up to the individual girl, that's as it should be, I have no input or opinion on private/personal negotiations. It's inevitable that with such a system, tender ages, and financial negotiations ... some customers may be disappointed.

Archived