Changing address for 90 day reporting

I've just bought a condo and will be moving into it in a month or so. I was just wondering about when I notify immigration of my address change. I've done my 90 day reporting online the last few times no problem. Can I notify an address change online or do I have to go in in person? Would I be best just telling them in October when i renew my Non-O extension?

Also, is owning a condo with my Thai wife in anyway beneficial when applying for my visa extensions? I assume it isn't but no harm in asking.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You should submit a TM28 change of address form to immigration.

You could put a different new address when you do your 90 day report but it probably will not be approved since it will be different than the last report.

I did my most recent 90-report at CW in Bangkok which involved a recent move since my last report. I submitted my TM47 with new address. IO said you recently moved and I said yes. No problem. Very routine and not an issue. I also asked an expat friend what he does after moving with regard to his 90-day report, and said the same. We both have Non O retirement extensions with pension. Maybe this may be an issue with other out laying immigration offices, but not in Bangkok.

• Like 1

I did my most recent 90-report at CW in Bangkok which involved a recent move since my last report. I submitted my TM47 with new address. IO said you recently moved and I said yes. No problem. Very routine and not an issue. I also asked an expat friend what he does after moving with regard to his 90-day report, and said the same. We both have Non O retirement extensions with pension. Maybe this may be an issue with other out laying immigration offices, but not in Bangkok.

Just done my 90 day report yesterday, with a new address. She did not say a word, that's the whole idea of the 90 day report to let them know where you live whether you have moved or not.

The OP was asking about doing his report online not in person. You submitted a signed TM47 form which you don't do when reporting online.

Some offices would asked you to do a formal change of address before doing the report in person.

I've always just filled in the new address on the usual 90 day report. no questions asked. That's what the 90 day report is.Just an update on your address so they can find you if they have to...I guess people could just make up or give fake addresses if they wanted to as you don't need to show proof of address...Which kind of makes the whole thing pointless...

• Like 1

I've always just filled in the new address on the usual 90 day report. no questions asked. That's what the 90 day report is.Just an update on your address so they can find you if they have to...I guess people could just make up or give fake addresses if they wanted to as you don't need to show proof of address...Which kind of makes the whole thing pointless...

Yes the 90 day report is an update of your address, but if you change your address you are supposed to report that change within 24 hours using form TM28. They are two separate procedures. Exactly what is required/enforced will always come down to the individual office.

i am moving in a couple of months so i presume i post the completed form T28 to Wattana, do i get an acknowledment ? or is it the dreaded personal trip out.thanks KC

You need to do the change of address in person.

• Like 1

Think it is slightly more complicated if your change of address involves a change of

province and therefore change of immigration office.

My recent move involved moving from helpful friendly Lop Buri immigration back into

the clutches of the dreaded Korat. Ushered into a separate office to do the change of

address no problem. Back out to do my 90 day report, TM47(yes),copy of wife's tabian

baan(yes), copy wife's ID(yes) and then...want to look marriage certificate.

Afraid I went ballistic for failing once to bring the kitchen sink with me, insisting that as I

was on a retirement extension my marital status had nothing to do with 90 day reporting.

They were having nothing of it and brought out that favourite long-playing record, "have

new boss, have new rules." So back a week later after medication and everyone was sweet

and charming, mentioning that for all future 90 day reports in person I would have to submit

the same paperwork(and marriage certificate), until my next extension.

Another lesson learned.

• 4 weeks later...

I am changing my address because I have a new job and my new employer told me that I will have to submit my application documents for my Non-B extension to Sir Ratcha Immigration and my new employer also told me that Sri Ratcha Immigration will want some kind of proof of residence which probably means a copy of the house registration or rental agreement. I guess I should fill out a Form 28 and or a From 47 as well as the rental agreement or house registration. Before this, I had been doing my 90-day reporting at Jomthien. Will be moving to my new address withing a week or two.