Grand Hyatt Erewan

corkscrew

The Grand Hyatt Erawan offers a really great buffet for less than 1000b. The meats are excellent. A nice selection of cheeses. Fresh oysters. Much more.

any particular restaurant for this?

It is the one on the lobby floor. You can't miss it when you come in to the hotel. My photographs don't do the place justice. There is far more than what you can see. It is pretty good value for the money.

The Grand Hyatt Erawan offers a really great buffet for less than 1000b. The meats are excellent. A nice selection of cheeses. Fresh oysters. Much more.

It is the one on the lobby floor. You can't miss it when you come in to the hotel. My photographs don't do the place justice. There is far more than what you can see. It is pretty good value for the money.

I always wondered about oysters at up market buffets in BKK...any idea where they come from? BKK oysters seem to not have the nice sea briney aspect that you get else where...

mmmmm...a couple dozen oysters and a nice crisp chablis...decadence that cannot be measured...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I always wondered about oysters at up market buffets in BKK...any idea where they come from? BKK oysters seem to not have the nice sea briney aspect that you get else where...

mmmmm...a couple dozen oysters and a nice crisp chablis...decadence that cannot be measured...

When I ate at Prime in the Millennium Hilton the menu stated that the oysters had been flown in from Canada. The oysters that I had last night at the Hyatt Erawan tasted like they were from Canada or New England...they were really excellent. The ones at the Shangri-La were very good...but my favorites are the ones at Prime and Erawan (maybe I was just really hungry for them). The attached photo is of a dozen from Prime.

the buffet at the hyatt has really gone downhill in the past year or so, it used to be much better.

The other night was the first time that I tried their buffet so I can't compare it with the past. I really love oysters and the ones that were available that night were top drawer. Tonight we are going back to the Royal Orchid Sheraton. One of my Thai friends has just received a big position promotion at The Oriental and we are taking her there to celebrate.