Pool Chemical Supplier & Cleaning

monsieurhappy

I've been using the same co. to clean my pool for over 3 years now and most of the time it's satisfactory. It's approx. 10 x 5 metres and they're supposed to come 6 days a week for 2000B per month. Just lately they have got inconsistent and sometimes don't come for 3/4 days at a time and always at different times so you have to leave the gate and pool house unlocked if you want to go out or lock up and don't get cleaned. Anyway, I'm a bit p!ssed off with the service and am thinking of doing the job myself. In fact I've done it a few times when they've not been around.

What I want to know is how much I am going to have to pay to get the kit to test the water and the first batch of chemicals ( ie. chlorine etc. ) needed for cleaning? I'm near Pattaya so can you recommend the best shop to use? I already have the vacume, hose and brushes etc. so do not need these.

• 2 weeks later...
monsieurhappy

Have a very good friend in some what the same situation as yourself - if you receive some good info would appreciate your passing along

Regards

Barry Cross

Update.

I bought a ph/chlorine testing kit for 480 baht ( refils for the liquids are available for under 200 baht each ) and a 20klg tub of chorine powder for 1900 baht. ( the guy in shop said this should last around 3 months ) So far I've been cleaning the pool myself for 1 week ( I've used the pool vacuum 3 times - about 1/2 hour each time and only needed to add approx. 1 cupful of chlorine )

So for not much work for myself I have a clean pool and am saving money.

Saving money was NOT the reason I started cleaning my pool, good service and consistency was!

For absolutely no worries you can convert your pool to a saltwater system...

Never any chemicals to add, it's computer controlled so the pool is 24 hours a day at the exact chemical level...

Only thing to do is the occasional vacuuming...

• 5 months later...
For absolutely no worries you can convert your pool to a saltwater system...

Never any chemicals to add, it's computer controlled so the pool is 24 hours a day at the exact chemical level...

Only thing to do is the occasional vacuuming...

Salt water chlorinators do require chemical maintenance. They require regular addition of acid and other chemicals to maintian clean safe swimming conditions.

I've been using the same co. to clean my pool for over 3 years now and most of the time it's satisfactory. It's approx. 10 x 5 metres and they're supposed to come 6 days a week for 2000B per month.

2,000 baht is very cheap. I pay 2,300 a month and thats just for 3 days a week, but the guy is consistant.

I guess there is more competition than in Chiang Mai.

The Company that built it wanted 2,500! :o

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Nong Khai and have a fully tiled salt chlorinated pool.

I urgently need to contact a supplier for stabiliser (cyanuric acid) and algaecide.

There is no one up here. I've found one in Phuket but that's a long way away!!

Can anyone help?

I urgently need to contact a supplier for stabiliser (cyanuric acid) and algaecide.

Can anyone help?

Try this shop. Ask for Gary.

http://www.poolshopthailand.com/

Can anyone help?

Have you got a Ph test kit. If you can keep the pool Ph at around 7.2 you should not get an algae problem.

Can anyone help?

Have you got a Ph test kit. If you can keep the pool Ph at around 7.2 you should not get an algae problem.

Peter, You sugestion is a good start, but chlorine ideally is not meant as an algecide in regular use in a pool, it is meant to be the sanitiser. Keeping the Ph in the range of 7.2-7.6 ensures that the chlorine is at it's most effective and the water is safe and comfortable for humans to swim. As the OP has a salt chlorinating system he will find that the Ph tends to raise and he will need to add acid on a regular basis.

The OP's use of algecide to control algae allows the chlorine to be used in the control of bacteria and the use of cyanuric acid helps hold the chlorine in the pool while the UV is very effective at stripping chlorine from a pool. In a pool without stabaliser the sun can strip 5ppm chlorine in in under an hour.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for your replies. My chlorinator is producing sufficient chlorine but the sun is gobbling it up!!

And I cannot find a supplier of stabilizer (cyanuric acid). Plenty of suppliers want to sell me 50kg of stabilised chlorine but that is not what I need. From my experience in Australia I know that cyanuric acid will fix my problem but I cannot find anyone in Thailand who sells it . 5kg will last for ages.

I have fixed the algae problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for your replies. My chlorinator is producing sufficient chlorine but the sun is gobbling it up!!

And I cannot find a supplier of stabilizer (cyanuric acid). Plenty of suppliers want to sell me 50kg of stabilised chlorine but that is not what I need. From my experience in Australia I know that cyanuric acid will fix my problem but I cannot find anyone in Thailand who sells it . 5kg will last for ages.

I have fixed the algae problem.

400g/10,000L is enough for the initial recommended dose, so for a 5mx10m pool with average depth of 1.3m = 65Kl 2.6Kg. It is only removed from the pool when you splash or pump water from the pool, not due to evaporation. Usually only added once a year. Most competent pool supply places should be able to supply, just need to find the local name. :o

When adding it to the pool put it in a sock near one of the return jets to dissolve as the stuff can take a few days to dissolve. Some people put it in a sock in the skimmer basket, only problem is it can damage the skimmer basket due to the Ph of the water flow past the basket.

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping the Ph in the range of 7.2-7.6 ensures that the chlorine is at it's most effective and the water is safe and comfortable for humans to swim.

totally incorrect information. but sipping the remains of my third glass of portwine (after an excellent dinner) i am not really inclined to go into details.

see you (perhaps) tomorrow :o

• 8 months later...

Can anyone help?

Hey riddles i have the same set up as you and i also live in nong khai what solution did you come up with and do i know you already....

Edited by thailandnick

• 2 months later...

For general info... I found two pool companies which sell the testing kits and chemicals. They are located on North Pattaya Road just before the junction with 3rd Road if you are coming from Sukhumvit Road.

Regarding pool cleaning....We found a Thai company in Nerbplubwarn that will do 3 times a week cleaning for 1500 baht.

• 2 months later...
For general info... I found two pool companies which sell the testing kits and chemicals. They are located on North Pattaya Road just before the junction with 3rd Road if you are coming from Sukhumvit Road.

Regarding pool cleaning....We found a Thai company in Nerbplubwarn that will do 3 times a week cleaning for 1500 baht.

Hi

Please can you contact me if you need a pool cleaning and maintenance company. I know someone who is 100% reliable and does mine in Pattaya.

[email protected]

Kind regards

• 3 months later...

i have a saltwater swimmingpool but have alot of problems with calsiuim,have to clean the saltwater filter every 3 weeks to take off all the calsium,and another friend have the same problem.

is there any product on the market to take care about calsium???

if someone have any advise,would be very welcome.

luc

• 1 month later...

Luc,

You have the same "high calcium content in the water problem" as I do with my 14m x 4.5m x 1.6 m fully tiled pool with salt water chlorinator in Prachinburi. I treat the water with Soda Ash - which precipitates the calcium out of solution and the precipitate is then separated in the filter. I also use a liquid scale inhibitor which is pretty expensive but dont need much (1 ltr every few months). This all works well - before I had to clean the scale off the salt water chlorinator cells every 3 months - now there is no scale or very little scale (the scale is from the calcium).

Soda Ash is cheap if you buy it commercially in 25 kg sks, which is enough for a loooong time - also note the water will be cloudy for a few days after treating with the Soda Ash.

As for treatment, an initial treatment of 0.5 kg / 1 m3 would be a good start. :o

• 3 years later...

Can anyone help?

Try this shop. Ask for Gary.

http://www.poolshopthailand.com/

Probably not in business anymore. Web page shows "account suspended"