Foreigner Neighbor is getting cheated on by girlfriend.

My neighbor is a nice older English guy. Very polite and friendly. We have spoken a few times but we aren't close friends-just casual neighbors. However, his long term girlfriend (of four years) is/has cheated on him with at least two different men. One she has brought back to HIS room while he was out of town and spent the night.. That was another foreigner. Another guy she would have her pick her up in front of the condo and they would go meet for a quick dinner. (she came out in her gym clothes so she was obviously trying to be sneaky. Sadly, everyone in the Condo complex knows whats going on but him. I don't want to get involved in any drama but I feel bad for him and think he should know. The problem with physically proving it to him would involve the staff of the condo. Most of the information (gossip, videos, line app postings of her blatantly talking sweet to another (Thai guy) saying she has not boyfriend and posting in Thai because her foreign boyfriend cant read it). has come from the staff. His girlfriend boasts to the management staff how she has other boyfriends because her (foreign) boyfriend wont marry her and take care of her and her family. The staff clearly doesn't want to get involved but I can hear them talking (in Thai) about the whole situation. They feel bad for him as well and don't know if they should tell him.

Would you want to know? (I would). How would you approach the situation?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is also the possibility that he knows exactly whats going on.

I've known people to have..ahem.. "arrangements" of a more open and free relationship.

Heck, i used to drop my ex 5k to get out of town for a few days....did i ask where and with who?

Nope. because while little kitty was away this little tomcat went out to play

and she ask no questions either.

Indeed, you are assuming things based on your own sets of morals.

I'd wager the guy would be more annoyed at you posting tattletales on TV and would probably prefer to give you a good kick in the bum before he starts on anyone else

I've known people to have..ahem.. "arrangements" of a more open and free relationship.

Heck, i used to drop my ex 5k to get out of town for a few days....did i ask where and with who?

Jesus wept.... he calls himself a tomcat for paying off bargirls

If you try to tell him, he will not want to believe it, he will confront her, she will categorically deny it, and now you are the <deleted>.

A worse case scenario is, when he confronts her, she tells him you tried to hit on her, and you are making the accusations to get your own back on her !

It just ain't worth it.

I'd wager the guy would be more annoyed at you posting tattletales on TV and would probably prefer to give you a good kick in the bum before he starts on anyone else

Well, of course this is a possibility, but it is highly unlikely. I've found that the low class of farangs who settle in Thailand tend to be very backward and conservative where progressive modes of thought like open relationships are concerned. Most likely, he is unaware of his girlfriend's infidelity.

That said, my advice to the OP is to do nothing...stay out of it.

Not because of how the hapless farang boyfriend will react, but because of how the girlfriend may react if she ever finds out it was you who outed her. Only 1000 years ago, these people were warriors living practically naked, in the jungles of southern China, and many of them still do indeed live by "the law of the jungle" (and are proud of it). If she finds out it was you who blew the whistle, she would likely think nothing of having some thugs beat you to a bloody pulp, or much worse. Please keep this in mind as you proceed.

No wonder she is your ex-whatever. Such arrangements dont last, hopefully there are no children involved.

I would guess she comes from the bar as it appears she is still on the game. I am sure he knows what she is capable of as he knows what she was when he met her.

Don't get involved unless he asks you a direct question about it, I don't lie for anyone and for sure not a hooker or x hooker.

Is this a wind-up thread? The OP can think about this sensibly and come to his own conclusions. Firstly, she will deny everything. Secondly, even if this guy is a close friend (which he isn't), the guy will most likely believe her over him. So the OP would then make two enemies, probably for life. He doesn't have to worry much about the guy, he'll just give him the cold shoulder. But some of these mercenary Thai women...you don't want to mess with their livelihood. You really, really don't.

Stay out of it. The back fire potential is enormous with this one. If it goes south you will either have him, her, or both as enemies, which could result in violent consequences.

No matter what age men are, they always learn the hardest way. He must be brain dead if he can't tell what she is up to.

I had a similar situation in my prior location. On 1 side, a Thai woman and foreign man who traveled a lot. When he was away, her

Thai bf came right over and all night moaning and groaning. On other side, an old Thai woman and old foreigner. House in her name

paid for by him and she put a huge mortgage on it and funds 'disappeared' so they fought like cats and dogs for ages. I said nothing

and moved to a secluded spot.

I has a nearly identical situation to yours a few years ago. I did nothing and last year they broke up for good. He found out in the end anyway,

You would have saved him a couple of years being in a dead end relationship?

In hindsight perhaps. But the risk of offense is high.

Archived