BANGKOK
seedy

Thai Drivers License Checklist

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

If on a tourist visa you can only get a 2 year driving licence. I needed doctor cert, res cert, copies of passport. If you are getting 2 licences, you need 2 copies of everything

No, I have non-imm one year extension

then a 5 year will be fine. Slightly different requirements for 2 to 5 vs 2 to 2 which i just did. The transport office is a war zone, queue outside kicks off before 7am

Anyone have recent experience renewing a 5 year DL for another 5 years on a non-O 90 day stamp?  This thread and another one I saw a few days ago seems to suggest it may not be possible anymore.  It was fine when I renewed last time in 2013 (just had to buy that expensive letter from the US embassy for address confirmation).  I don't want or need a 1 year extension of stay.

On 4/2/2019 at 1:15 PM, JRG23 said:

@JRG23 Can you give a little advice for me? Especially when I can try to extend/renew my 2-year driving licenses for motorbike+car while the current ones expire on April 24th?

My 2-year driving license will expire on April 26th and I will return on a 30-day (same as I applied for my driving license) stamp tomorrow and would like to extend the driving license.

Obviously this is only possible for another 2-years as I am on the entry stamp but...

... I was reaching out to a local agency providing support for Thai driving licenses and they told me that I can only apply from 24th (day my current license expires) onwards!?

I do not want to go through all the stuff again but have all documents (residency letter, health check, international driving license, European driving license etc.) ready so I thought I can apply 3-months before the current license expires!?

Anything I am missing? Better to do myself I think but any recommendations for the 2-year renewal?

[mention=297990]JRG23[/mention] Can you give a little advice for me? Especially when I can try to extend/renew my 2-year driving licenses for motorbike+car while the current ones expire on April 24th?

My 2-year driving license will expire on April 26th and I will return on a 30-day (same as I applied for my driving license) stamp tomorrow and would like to extend the driving license.

Obviously this is only possible for another 2-years as I am on the entry stamp but...

... I was reaching out to a local agency providing support for Thai driving licenses and they told me that I can only apply from 24th (day my current license expires) onwards!?

I do not want to go through all the stuff again but have all documents (residency letter, health check, international driving license, European driving license etc.) ready so I thought I can apply 3-months before the current license expires!?

Anything I am missing? Better to do myself I think but any recommendations for the 2-year renewal?

It's from day of expiry, in your case 24th Apr. Yes it's stupid, TiT. I got mine a couple weeks ago
  • Like 1

Is there a new 5 disease medical form other than the short very basic one?

i just checked the one i got last month, its in thai but I can't see a list of 5 things, they just check blood pressure 150 baht at a clinic, hospitals are probably more thorough

I just went to a local clinic, told them it was for driving license, they gave me the basic health check, weight, height, blood pressure, counted my limbs etc, 100 baht.
Worked fine in Ayutthaya DLT.

The 5 disease med cert is for an OA visa, maybe other things also but I don’t believe it’s required for a DL.

One copy of each below as of 05th June 2019 for car/bike licence renewal for each licence

Residents cert
Passport copy
Immigration stamp and visa copy
Old licence - original
Copy of old licence (both sides)

Pattaya driving licence offices by Regents school.......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On 6/5/2019 at 3:49 AM, Anythingleft? said:

One copy of each below as of 05th June 2019 for car/bike licence renewal for each licence

Residents cert
Passport copy
Immigration stamp and visa copy
Old licence - original
Copy of old licence (both sides)

Pattaya driving licence offices by Regents school.......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

As posted earlier, : Health cert ...also,  i am in a rather unusual situation: I  will be renewing my DL which was issued in 2001, expired in pril 2019. From what I have read at <https://www.richardbarrow.com/2019/06/a-quick-guide-to-renewing-your-thai-driving-license-in-bangkok/comment-page-1/?unapproved=345065&moderation-hash=d3b6d3461f2ad0458685b2caa27b3672#comment-345065> I will need to provide copies of my 5 previous passports, covering the 18 years. I wonder how I managed to get a 18 year driving licence? 

Edited by paddypower

Renewal of 5 year car and bike today,Chumphae Khon Kaen.

2 x copy of yellow tabien

2 x copy current non-o visa in passport

2 x copy passport main page.

Hand over old licenses.

Note( i went and got a medical certificate 100 baht but was told not required for 5 year renewal.)

Upstairs for reaction test,parallel test and colour test.

Into next room for half an hour spiel and 40 minute video.

Downstairs,pay 760 baht for the 2 licences,photo taken,waited to be printed out and done.

Went in at 9.10am and out the door at 11.30am.  

• Like 2

will renew my 2 year bike and car driving licence soon, my question is re, MEDICAL CERTIFICATE, do i need 2, (bike/car) if so can i photocopy the first certificate,?? thanks.

4 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

an i photocopy the first certificate,??

There where ok with that at Barnglamung/Pattaya DLT  when I did mine last year.

also only one "certificate of residence" reguired +  one copy.

edit:

as long as you do the both renewals at the same time/day.

Edited by johng

by cert of residence do you mean my condo contract, never seen a cert of residence in 6 years

1 minute ago, mercman24 said:

by cert of residence do you mean my condo contract, never seen a cert of residence in 6 years

No you get a "certificate of residence" from either Immigration,your embassy or you can use a work permit or Yellow book depending on what province you live in,

Chonburi/Pattaya are reported to only except residence certificate.