Don't go out to sea say Ao Nang police as 14 tourists rescued from the waves

snoop1130

Don't go out to sea say Ao Nang police as 14 tourists rescued from the waves

post-249866-0-96119900-1464352559_thumb.

Image: Thairath

KRABI -- Fourteen tourists were rescued from high waves Friday afternoon as a long tail boat sank off Ao Nang, Krabi.

Police have warned that it is dangerous to go in the sea at this time as high winds and waves make it treacherous. Two tourists died earlier in the week after a speedboat accident in Samui.

In the Ao Nang incident a long tail boat had taken the tourists from Railay Beach when it got to an area near the Wang Sai Seafood restaurant. The boat was overturned throwing everyone into the water. Another boat was quickly on the scene and managed to rescue ten tourists, Four others who were holding onto rocks were rescued by ropes as the boat would have been smashed to pieces in the high swell. All four were saved but suffered cuts and were taken to Krabi Hospital. Two men and two women made up the injured group.

Police and tourist police at the scene found that the boat driver had fled. The boat was lost to the deep.

The ten uninjured tourists were taken to the tourist police HQ. They had lost valuable documents and their personal possessions.

Police are looking for the driver of the boat. A clip showing part of the rescue was filmed.

Ao Nang police said that during this time of high waves and strong winds people should avoid going into the sea.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-27

I haven't found it in the news anywhere, but two students from my university have just drowned at Rayong (probably Koh Samet).

Very sad incident.

Thais are not aware of the dangers of the sea.

A long time ago there were no boats from Ao Nang to Railay Beach West in rainy season. It was considered too dangerous.

It sure is a dangerous trip. The boats run parallel to the coast so they get the strong waves from the side.

There is an alternative. There are boats from the jetty in Ao Nam Mao to Railay Beach East. Local always choose this connection as it is on the leeward side of the mountains.

This sums up both Thai mentality and the useless, inept and uncaring government of the silly little general.

Only a couple of days after one boating tragedy blamed on the bad weather and the incompetence of the Thai skipper, nothing is done. Yet another boatload of tourists' lives are needlessly put in jeopardy for the sake of a few Baht.

As usual the driver (obviously I shouldn't call him a skipper) runs away.......again!!

This shouldn't matter as all craft, especially those engaged in ferrying passengers (NOT just tourists) should be registered, insured, the drivers licensed etc.

Go after the registered owners and hit them in the only place they feel it - their pockets!!

How difficult can it be??!!

Its not the poor skippers fault ...those stupid faring asked him to take them despite the bad seas.

coffee1.gif

*For the slow witted amongst you ...please consider that i may be being sarcastic.

Even in sarcasm there is often some truth.

14 people got in a flat bottom boat with laughable free-board in bad conditions and after seeing how patently stupid this is... did not have the brains to abort the mission?

Sorry the Nanny State was not there to hold their hands and burp them.

The boat owners simply concentrate on all the times an accident didn't happen. That makes them feel safe. If they though about how an accident might happen, or did happen to someone else they would feel uncomfortable and stop in case they cause themselves bad luck.

That's why no-one plans for the worst.

The same rules apply to

1. drink driving

2. wearing seatbelts, life jackets or helmets (not simultaneously of course)

3. Insurance payments

4. smoking, alcohol and other drugs.

Car drivers, bus drivers, truck drivers, boat drivers... how many Thai aircraft pilots have 'run away' after an accident?

I would say in 90% of the threads of this kind .. its dreadful.

Responsible that refuses to assist persons in deadly peril can you imagine that? I cant sick.gif

There are many forms of this "scared to loose my face" retarded syndrome but the cowardice form is actually the worse.

Archived