looking for comfrey root/seeds/plants

Not easy to find. I grew it in Chiang Mai, passed on from a horticulturist friend. It's a subtropical plant, I'm not sure of low temp tolerance, so may freeze in higher elevations in Loei. I never saw it in Thai plant markets. It's not widely known in Thailand.

Have you have reviewed the information on liver toxicity with internal use. This is one reason for lack of popularity.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/organic-gardening/comfrey-leaves-zmaz74zhol.aspx

thankyou for the imput. saves me wasting time trying to find it. the leaves and flowers may be toxic but i

need only the root--its very good bone medicine. i recently discovered that ground eggshells are the best

scource of calcium for the bones

I believe comfrey root is indicated in the toxicity caution also. Best to stick with external use; a comfrey poultice is a renowned western herbal healing modality for open wounds.

I've just planted some in my veggie garden in California to grow for compost material, like CLW mentioned. When I farmed in an international community in India, a farmer brought comfrey and planted all the raised burms around his fields. He wacked it and threw it on the soil along with the crop residue, to be disked into the soil as a green manure.

Ground egg shells for Calcium? Are you talking about soil improvement? Or do you eat the ground egg shells? Just curious. doesn't sound too appetizing to me. If I want crunchy, well I can undercook my rice or buy peanut butter that way, or many other options. If I want Calcium, I think I'd rather get it from nutrient rich foods: eggs (the soft parts), greens, beans, grains, meats, dairy products. I was just looking at KaNaa (Chinese Kale/ Broccoli) nutrition because we're growing some, and it's a favorite leafy green of mine, so versatile in cooking and so amazingly easy to grow. It's 8% Ca. And with my tested and amended nutrient rich soil, I'm sure our KaNaa is high Ca as can be.

I don't know about the ancients, but modern day Chinese and Japanese, (and those of us who like the food), use soybean products for consumption. Soy sauce, tofu, miso, etc.

ground eggshell as fine as possible and i wash them in cold water then

sun dry rather than heating them in oven. ive got osteoporosis thats why

i have to go to these lengths

i can forget about comfrey toxicity because i just cant get hold of it

i would check it out---the chinese would not eat it in the old days

they have forgotten their past. anything is ok these days

soya is bad enough but you add gmo also

the hospitals are full

the doctors very busy

drug companies are doing good buisness

Archived