BANGKOK 18 February 2019 21:07

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

‘Baby Soldiers’ Draw Praise, Condemnation

Nationalism is the scourge of the planet! (I'm talking to you, Yanqui...)

actually religeon is the real scourge, it promotes hate tribalism and sectarianism, divides countries and people and causes wars and conflict, there is no other evil on this planet and in our history that comes close

Don't we do the same, only under different names? Cubs, Scouts, Guides, Cadet Corps? Thailand has had compulsory scouting as long as I've been here.

The groups you mention have nothing to do with the principles of an army; to kill!

Brings back memories of similar pictures...

Erst-Ende-1945-bin-ich-aufgewacht_pdaArt

Don't we do the same, only under different names? Cubs, Scouts, Guides, Cadet Corps? Thailand has had compulsory scouting as long as I've been here.

But it isn't really proper Scouting as I remember it from the UK 50 odd years ago.

Yes, my son wears the uniform but they don't really teach them scouting at all.

What is more concerning is that they are appear to be teaching the Nazi salute.

Looks more like a 3 finger salute by the teacher, this could be more worrying for the junta.

I expanded the screen and none of them, teacher included, are doing the Scout 3 finger salute. It is the full hand.

Is Khon Kaen not Red Shirt country? Appears the authorities are bringing in indoctrination of youth to end it. One generation and the red shirt will be history. The salute does make it appear rather scary if things go the same way as the last group that used that salute.

But it isn't really proper Scouting as I remember it from the UK 50 odd years ago.

Yes, my son wears the uniform but they don't really teach them scouting at all.

Agreed. I have yet to see them wearing sets of proficiency badges as are proudly worn by scouts all over the world.