Zika virus alert in Udon Thani’s Sangkhom district

rooster59

Zika virus alert in Udon Thani’s Sangkhom district

post-247607-0-38021600-1464490431_thumb.

Udon Thani’s Sangkhom district has been declared off-limits especially to pregnant women after a resident of the district was quarantined in Taiwan after he was tested to be infected with Zika virus.

Health volunteers in all villages in Tambon Sang Nang Khao of Nong Khai’s Pone Pisai district were instructed by the director of health promotion hospital of Tambon Sang Nang Khao to mount a campaign to get rid of breeding grounds for striped mosquitoes and to inform villagers to protect themselves from mosquito bites by sleeping in sleeping nets and to avoid travelling to Sangkhom district.

It was reported that health officials had visited five relatives of the person inflected with Zika virus to keep them under watch to find out whether they are infected with the virus or not.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/165199

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-29

Where did The person "INFLECTED"? with the virus contract it from ?

health officials had visited five relatives of the person inflected with Zika virus to keep them under watch .

Why not run tests on them now rather than wait and see which might be rather late for some?

Where did The person "INFLECTED" with the virus contract it from ?

health officials had visited five relatives of the person inflected with Zika virus to keep them under watch .

Why not run tests on them now rather than wait and see which might be rather late for some?

To Quote : Taipei Times 22nd May 2016

A 34-year-old Thai man, who arrived at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport earlier this month, was yesterday diagnosed with the Zika virus, the second case in Taiwan, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) said.

The first case, also a traveler from Thailand, was confirmed by the CDC on Jan. 19 after a man was screened and found to have a fever at Taoyuan airport when he arrived on Jan. 10.

Both men were from Udon Thani in northern Thailand.

Source: http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2016/05/22/2003646852

That zika really feels like the the movie "Children of Men". Scary stuff... Is humanity going to be defeated by ... mosquitoes? I'd prefer a good old all out nuclear war... kind of mankind's harakiri...

The quote function is not working for me at present. Assurancetourix, you have spotted the problem in this article which misspells Sang Khom. This district is in Udon Thani and, as stated in the article, is near Phon Phisai. The Sangkhom you refer to is, as you said, in Nong Khai along the Mekong on the long road to Loei. Quite important for mothers to be deciding which place they can visit.

Zika actually only causes a very minor "illness" in most people.

The concern is about risks to unborn children.

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/symptoms/

edit Added link

Yes John and how tragic that is.

I saw a Brazilian? documentary about this and wept.

That "mother/child bond" was just as extraordinary too.

Be afraid mothers-to-be, very afraid.

Much is still unknown and no absolute link has yet been proven to exist between Zika and birth defects.

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/pregnancy/question-answers.html

To quote

Robyn IronsideNews Corp Australia Network dated March 2nd 2016

ONE of Australians’ favourite overseas holiday and honeymoon destinations has been added to the list of countries subject to “ongoing transmission” of Zika virus.

So far, there have been at least eight people confirmed with Zika virus in Australia after returning from overseas, including one pregnant woman.

“Given possible transmission of the disease to unborn babies, and taking a very cautious approach, pregnant women should consider postponing travel to Thailand or talk to their doctor about implication.”

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/popular-travel-spot-added-to-list-of-zika-virus-countries/news-story/a2518f4965ed174f1889dac0a3bbb97d

Looking For Volunteers

We are looking for volunteers to test being bitten by the New Genetically Modified Aedes Aegypti Mosquito.

A generous remuneration package includes payment of THB 10 / bite plus FREE health care if required.

bill-gates-unleashes-mosquitoes-on-rich-

The quote function is not working for me at present. Assurancetourix, you have spotted the problem in this article which misspells Sang Khom. This district is in Udon Thani and, as stated in the article, is near Phon Phisai. The Sangkhom you refer to is, as you said, in Nong Khai along the Mekong on the long road to Loei. Quite important for mothers to be deciding which place they can visit.

If you can read the name in thai, it's not Sang Khom but Srang Khom , even everybody pronounce Sang in place of Srang .

So when I read Sang Khom on a forum or an english or french newspaper, it's " my " Sangkhom I think it is , in Nong Khai province .

In Thailand we have often problems with the names of the villages;

an example, in Sakon Nakhon province, you have on the same road, n* 2091 from Ban Muang to Sawang Daen Din , two villages which have exactly the same name :

Ban Thon ;

one is close to Ban Lao ( about 2 km ) the other is at about seven km from Sawang ;

And about Ban Lao there is this one on road 2091 and another one with the same spelling in thai language on road 227 between Ban Kham Bit and Waritchaphum .

Always in the same province.

Be far more proactive, not reactionary! If this wasn’t Thailand, I’d find it hard to believe why the health officials are not tackling this Zika outbreak head-on. Not borne out in the Thailand media I’ve read, a Taiwan newspaper mentioned of the country's first two cases of Zika: “The first case, also a traveler from Thailand, was confirmed by the CDC on Jan. 19 after a man was screened and found to have a fever at Taoyuan airport when he arrived on Jan. 10. Chou said both men were from Udon Thani in northern Thailand.”

Logic would suggest they both contracted Zika in Udon Thani. Why don’t the health officials be proactive and screen all residents of Udon Thani’s Sangkhom district? Then the disease could be identified there and contained. Better be prepared for this comparatively small outlay of cost and effort than a national outbreak that will be impossible to control and bring all kinds of negative consequences! But no, as so often is the case in this land, there’s not enough foresight, logical and proactive measures taken.

The expected outcome from this and other supposed "pandemic" outbreaks is fear from the general population, so please act accordingly - be scared! Or we could just rely on out immune systems to fight of this and the billions of other diseases we are subject to on a daily basis!

Remember SARS, near shut down SEA, total of people who lost their lives = 0

If you can read the name in thai, it's not Sang Khom but Srang Khom , even everybody pronounce Sang in place of Srang .

So when I read Sang Khom on a forum or an english or french newspaper, it's " my " Sangkhom I think it is , in Nong Khai province .

In Thailand we have often problems with the names of the villages;

an example, in Sakon Nakhon province, you have on the same road, n* 2091 from Ban Muang to Sawang Daen Din , two villages which have exactly the same name :

Ban Thon ;

one is close to Ban Lao ( about 2 km ) the other is at about seven km from Sawang ;

And about Ban Lao there is this one on road 2091 and another one with the same spelling in thai language on road 227 between Ban Kham Bit and Waritchaphum .

Always in the same province.

In my post I said twice that you were correct. I used the words "you have spotted the problem" and "as you said" thus I had intended to indicate that the error was made by the OP and not you. Sadly you now feel the need to elaborate.

I have two sources, including the Wiki link that you yourself provided, that give the "ร" as silent so your condescending explanation of this example of the Thai language is not only off subject but also appears to be wrong. You appear to be keen on village names. If you had simply read the OP's article you would have seen mention of Tambon Sang Nang Khao. That would have brought you closer to the correct Sang Khom.

Archived