Zika virus alert in Udon Thani’s Sangkhom district

rooster59

Aussie Tourist gets Zika virus maybe from Thailand.

Gordonvale resident near Cairns tests positive to Zika virus

By Kristy Sexton McGrath

Updated about 2 hours ago

Queensland Health workers have been deployed to Gordonvale, south of Cairns in far north Queensland, after a resident tested positive to the mosquito-borne Zika virus.

The department said the resident recently returned from Thailand and Bali.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-30/gordonvale-resident-tests-positive-to-zika-virus/7458236

The quote function is not working for me at present. Assurancetourix, you have spotted the problem in this article which misspells Sang Khom. This district is in Udon Thani and, as stated in the article, is near Phon Phisai. The Sangkhom you refer to is, as you said, in Nong Khai along the Mekong on the long road to Loei. Quite important for mothers to be deciding which place they can visit.

If you can read the name in thai, it's not Sang Khom but Srang Khom , even everybody pronounce Sang in place of Srang .

So when I read Sang Khom on a forum or an english or french newspaper, it's " my " Sangkhom I think it is , in Nong Khai province .

In Thailand we have often problems with the names of the villages;

an example, in Sakon Nakhon province, you have on the same road, n* 2091 from Ban Muang to Sawang Daen Din , two villages which have exactly the same name :

Ban Thon ;

one is close to Ban Lao ( about 2 km ) the other is at about seven km from Sawang ;

And about Ban Lao there is this one on road 2091 and another one with the same spelling in thai language on road 227 between Ban Kham Bit and Waritchaphum .

Always in the same province.

In my post I said twice that you were correct. I used the words "you have spotted the problem" and "as you said" thus I had intended to indicate that the error was made by the OP and not you. Sadly you now feel the need to elaborate.

I have two sources, including the Wiki link that you yourself provided, that give the "ร" as silent so your condescending explanation of this example of the Thai language is not only off subject but also appears to be wrong. You appear to be keen on village names. If you had simply read the OP's article you would have seen mention of Tambon Sang Nang Khao. That would have brought you closer to the correct Sang Khom.

Sadly because I'm not native english ..

So let me say : " I'm sorry " .wai.gif

Posted 3 hours ago

Two Provinces Still Under Zika Virus Watch: Govt

BANGKOK — Despite “one or two” patients currently infected with Zika virus in northeastern Thailand, authorities said on Monday the disease is under control.

The announcement came on the same day that someone in Australia tested positive to the mosquito-borne virus after returning from a trip to Thailand.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1464673081&section=14&typecate=06

Archived