Ex Cop 70 to marry Thai girl 17 - I wasn't being insulting says Facebook poster

webfact

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the happy couple actually done wrong?

Right with you nottocus.

Live and let live.

A song; "aint nobodys business but their own"

Another famous song sung by Nat King Cole was

They try to tell us we're too young

Too young to really be in love

They say that love's a word

A word we've only heard

But can't begin to know the meaning of

And yet we're not too young to know

This love will last though years may go

And then some day they may recall

We were not too young at all

That song was also sung by Donny Osmond, early 70's.

I think you will find that it is about TWO young people, not about a 17yo girl and a 71yo perv.

Yes I realise it was about a young couple and the reference implied indulgence to some poetic licence.

Unless you have almost been in a similar potential relationship situation you probably wont understand like I do about the potential reality, hence you judge him a pervert. But that's OK, I respect your view.

You no doubt have seen life's circumstances placing a steep learning maturity curve on younger people and also know when love is love and not lust.

Don't know if that applied to that young lady in particular, so I couldn't estimate if it is just infatuation.

Live and let live?

• 3 weeks later...

'Old Snakehead', a common Thai term for this kind of old geezer [who is seeking the last press of youth], seems appropriate. I never see old westerners with girls this age nowadays, they seem to go for 30+ with tats.

Time was that more younger women, looking to escape low paid jobs and poor prospects, were involved in the entertainment business catering to westerners, and some hook-ups often became become a holiday romance, and occasionally longer term.

Now there are more women in their late twenties and thirties looking to provide for the offspring of failed marriages make up a larger proportion of those available in entertainment venues, and now among those who meet on line. Not all relationships work out, but in my observation more do because expectations are more realistic.

At the end of the day it is none of our business and we have no right to criticise. They both know what they are doing, they are mutually consenting and it is legal, so lets wait for the next outrage bus to come and we can all jump on that one. The only story here is a society that do not hold young/old relationships the way westerners do and a society where many of it's people and families are so pitifully poor that marriage may be the only way out for some when they are able to marry into some kind of financial security.

It's funny how men start to gossip like women as they get old.

Maybe the low production of testosterone is to blame.

I think this is their business and their lives.

The opinions of others does not matter in the least.

I wish them a happy marriage.

its not gossip. Its a fact that she is a child and looks like a child and evidently he is a paedo in disguise. If you think that this marriage is ok then maybe you think the same as this dirty old man

Try lifting your mind out of the gutter. he is probably further from a "pedo" than you are.

Archived