Ex Cop 70 to marry Thai girl 17 - I wasn't being insulting says Facebook poster

webfact

"Jasmine Dearden said: "The bride is so white."

Jesus...

What's wrong with that, some get turned on by white, some by black, i prefer the dark skin myself, more erotic.

It's crass and unnecessary.

screw political correctness. its called biology. some people are attracted to white skin, some to tan skin, some to black skin, some to short, some to tall, some to skinny and some to fat.

that's true but I think his point was that it's a Thai racist attitude? personally I like 'all' types (females that is) but it IS racist to say 'she's so white' as if non-white are less beautiful, less meaningful or less attractive

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish them well, the important thing is that he realizes she need to continue her education and prepare herself for life after him.

There is a difference between physical and mental age and perhaps she is more mature mentaly and understands what she is getting into.

My Beautiful and Smart Thai wife is 40 years younger than me. I have provided well for her including a college education for her son, from another man. Like all women she can be a pain in the rear, but takes good care of me, herself and the house.

God Bless the two !!

Well she would take care of the house, its hers!!

While Maximus Boona said "it is a win win for both sides."

Actually, this may be true. For him, it's heaven, for her, the husband probably does not have that long of a life expectancy, and then she will inherit everything.

"While Maximus Boona said "it is a win win for both sides."

Sounds like a character from The Gladiator !

...even pixilated she looks much younger, immature and oblivious of the psychological damage soon to be set upon her...as for him...should go have a tug in the bush somewhere.

psychological damage?? if she is from a poor family(likely) farming family its not as if her intellectual development will be hurt by living with the guy. she wasn't likely to have been preparing for university or preparing for much at all. probably watching lakorn tv daily, playing games on the mobile, chores at home, cooking, hanging out with friends doing the same. maybe get pregnant from some motorbike taxi driver? then the guy leaves her. maybe the husband will send her to university? maybe he will fund a business?

This shows it is not only old farangs going after and marrying young girls.

Must be his good looks she is marrying him for.

A Farang better not try to marry or have sexual relations with a Thai citizen under 18 unless you want a long prison sentence.

According to Thai law a Thai citizen can I have sexual relationships with a Thai citizen under the age of 18 as long as that person gives permission. However, at great risk. If the underage person gets angry and says even years later there was not permission given; big legal problems ahead for the adult.

I wish them well, the important thing is that he realizes she need to continue her education and prepare herself for life after him.

There is a difference between physical and mental age and perhaps she is more mature mentaly and understands what she is getting into.

My Beautiful and Smart Thai wife is 40 years younger than me. I have provided well for her including a college education for her son, from another man. Like all women she can be a pain in the rear, but takes good care of me, herself and the house.

God Bless the two !!

good on you! and I agree your wife is smart and I'm sure your ability to provide for her and her son has nothing to do with marrying you

I have many friends in the same position and if they are happy with that illusion then why not? life's too short just enjoy it - it's all an exchange

well, business as usual.

crappy village life insurance policy, part of his monthly police pension, when he gets burned.

next stop land office to sign over his land to her.

if he gets too excited she still could be a virgin for her next husband.

Half his rotten luck, the girl will certainly be able to take care of herself and so what ?? Nobodies business but theirs.

It appears that she will be well provided for and in case she is not well educated will at least have a decent life.

Good for her. Bunch of jealous busybodies if you ask me :):):)

Jesus...

What's wrong with that, some get turned on by white, some by black, i prefer the dark skin myself, more erotic.

screw political correctness. its called biology. some people are attracted to white skin, some to tan skin, some to black skin, some to short, some to tall, some to skinny and some to fat.

Doesn't make that comment any less crass or more necessary.

""It is not something you see every day is it?," .....In the Muslim world it is.....

Islam deserves some stick for some of their practices, but then so do the Hindu's who are often as bad or even worse but somehow seem to be all too often forgotten, and then there's the Catholics, perhaps much closer to home and also guilty of some of the same grim atrocities.

Vedic law states that a girl can marry three years after the onset of puberty.

In Catholic law prior to 1917, a girl had to be just 12 years old to marry, but they could betroth through a sponsalia de futuro aged only 7. In 1917 this was increased to 14 for girls and 16 for boys, and this is the law that remains in the Vatican today.

Seems that considering it an insult is an admission that something is a bit off in this pairing. I feel sorry for old geezer that he would want a 17 yr old. Maybe he's never spent time with that bracket....

why would you feel sorry for him; maybe he likes the new car smell

Jesus...

Gee, I was thinking that about your comments.

It's funny how men start to gossip like women as they get old.

Maybe the low production of testosterone is to blame.

I think this is their business and their lives.

The opinions of others does not matter in the least.

I wish them a happy marriage.

its not gossip. Its a fact that she is a child and looks like a child and evidently he is a paedo in disguise. If you think that this marriage is ok then maybe you think the same as this dirty old man

Or maybe he is just not as judgemental as you.

Jesus...

Gee, I was thinking that about your comments.

And no doubt your own.

Or are you just being judgemental...

These are the facts... driven by poverty or desperation she is led to marry a surrogate grandfather and yet she is a teenager barely a woman. We can understand and not be unduly critical of this poor girl as her family now get to pay off their debts and the old man gets to live out his fantasies with a young girl. Is it right? NO is it pitiful? YES does she deserve empathy? YES does she deserve our condemnation? NO

For me I just *sigh* and wish her well and mourn yet another demonstration of 'Thainess'

Does this only happen in Thailand? Go ahead, you're so good at guessing.

Archived