Ex Cop 70 to marry Thai girl 17 - I wasn't being insulting says Facebook poster

webfact

This is kind of extreme, but happens in many countries. Here, I have a 82 years old friend married with a nice Thai woman 50 years younger, and they are doing very well....and money was not the reason for the marriage.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are being incorrect if not insulting.

14 years ago. I married a good Buddhist woman who is a university graduate, never been in a bar or had a drink in her life. She is Thai.

At the time of our marriage, she was a 36 year old virgin. ( yes, I know hoe to tell )

I also know several of her friends with similar backgrounds who were virgins until the were married in their 30s..

It is not as uncommon in Thailand as many farangs assume it is.

Not every Thai woman is the type who entertain old men in Pattaya and places like that.

I guess if those are the only kind of Thai women you know, it is easy, but wrong, to assume they are all like they type you know.

cheers willy!

but uni graduate in thailand means very little unless you simply wanted to tell us she's not a farm girl with 3 kids (from 3 different fathers) at the age of 19 clap2.gifcheesy.gif

A uni graduate in Thailand means a person with a rather high level education for this country, period.

Well that might just depend on where the person graduated, graduating from a ranked Australia university with an internationally peer reviewed PhD would probably put them streets ahead of the majority of pretend intellects who like to post here with stupid blanket statements about Thai graduates.

This is kind of extreme, but happens in many countries. Here, I have a 82 years old friend married with a nice Thai woman 50 years younger, and they are doing very well....and money was not the reason for the marriage.

To be honest, it is not normal, but her dream in life was not to marry an old <deleted>.

But when he dies, she can then realise her real dreams.

14 years ago. I married a good Buddhist woman who is a university graduate, never been in a bar or had a drink in her life. She is Thai.

At the time of our marriage, she was a 36 year old virgin. ( yes, I know hoe to tell )

I also know several of her friends with similar backgrounds who were virgins until the were married in their 30s..

Not every Thai woman is the type who entertain old men in Pattaya and places like that.

I guess if those are the only kind of Thai women you know, it is easy, but wrong, to assume they are all like they type you know.

cheers willy!

but uni graduate in thailand means very little unless you simply wanted to tell us she's not a farm girl with 3 kids (from 3 different fathers) at the age of 19 clap2.gifcheesy.gif

You're not a graduate, are you?

I'm a master, self-master coffee1.gif

Sure that's not master - bater☺

If any of the people who think it is right had a 17yo daughter, who told them they wanted to marry a 70yo man, they would not be happy at all. So this 'good luck to them' is a load of <deleted>.

I think it would depend upon what I could do for my daughter as opposed to what the old man could do. It certainly may be better than have some pimply-faced ya ba smoking yayhoo get her pregnant and leave.

Would finances come into your consideration ?

Obviously it would.

It's funny how men start to gossip like women as they get old.

Maybe the low production of testosterone is to blame.

I think this is their business and their lives.

The opinions of others does not matter in the least.

I wish them a happy marriage.

I'd like to see you trying to defend yourself for marrying a 17 year old back in the good ol' US

I married at the age of 17 in the States. Currently, the age of consent is 16 to 18 in the States and in some cases with parental consent marriage is condoned earlier. In some countries in Europe, the age of consent goes down to 14. Of course, marriage and age of consent are not synonymous, but even puritans, I would suspect, would condone an early marriage before simple sex.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-age-consent-around-world-2802173

But in your U.S. of A, how many marry an old &lt;deleted&gt; of 70 ?

Not many.

He is actually old enough to be her great granddaddy. He`s obviously loaded and her parents are only thinking of their daughter`s future. Once papa has made his will and put his bank accounts into joint names, lets hope papa doesn`t meet with an unfortunate fatal accident, like suddenly dying of old age in mysterious circumstances one night.

(Mr)

Who cares really there choice there life. I hope they are happy for as long as it lasts. Maybe there's a hint of jealousy here

On the contrary, no jealousy at all, but maybe it has pricked your conscience with your age difference.

Love is blind, until money comes into the equation.

cheers willy!

Sure that's not master - bater☺

Master bating is the most normal thing in the world in healthy potent humans... ???????

(Mr)

Who cares really there choice there life. I hope they are happy for as long as it lasts. Maybe there's a hint of jealousy here

On the contrary, no jealousy at all, but maybe it has pricked your conscience with your age difference.

(Mr) oh yes I'm so concious of our 3 year age diffrence.

"Love is blind" yes I agree with that. Money has never come into any equation with us. Funnily enough nor with my circle of friends. But on here yes it seems to be a major factor

(Mr)

"Love is blind" yes I agree with that. Money has never come into any equation with us. Funnily enough nor with my circle of friends. But on here yes it seems to be a major factor

To, (Mr, & Mrs),

Despite your viewpoint in life, I find it very strange how you (obviously from a western country), can condone such a relationship ?

I would love to hear, if and when you and the boss have female offspring, whether you would be so conservative as you are now, if your daughter was in the same position ? I very much doubt it.

(Mr)

To, (Mr, & Mrs),

Despite your viewpoint in life, I find it very strange how you (obviously from a western country), can condone such a relationship ?

I would love to hear, if and when you and the boss have female offspring, whether you would be so conservative as you are now, if your daughter was in the same position ? I very much doubt it.

(Mr) will never be a problem have son won't be having any more. But to answer your question which I'd just my view I hasten to add. If I had a daughter and she came home at 17 told me she wanted to marry a 70 odd year old. I would sit her down and ask lots if questions to her I would voice my opinions/concerns (as all parents would have regardless of age of suitors). But if she was totally adamant then yes I would give her my full blessing. No I doubt MRS would have the same view. My views on life is live and let live people are free to make there own choices in life. As most on here have done by moving and living in Thailand. Yes I know it's easy to say as I have no daughter but it's what I belive I would do. Non judgemental is my way in life (exept for bullies or wannabe experts)

Who is saying that you can not get married with young girls, it's just women in mid life crisis says it's wrong. look back at history to think for yourselves. you have no choice but father of the house plans for there life .... as it is in many cultures still today

(Mr)

To, (Mr, & Mrs),

(Mr) will never be a problem have son won't be having any more. But to answer your question which I'd just my view I hasten to add. If I had a daughter and she came home at 17 told me she wanted to marry a 70 odd year old. I would sit her down and ask lots if questions to her I would voice my opinions/concerns (as all parents would have regardless of age of suitors). But if she was totally adamant then yes I would give her my full blessing. No I doubt MRS would have the same view. My views on life is live and let live people are free to make there own choices in life. As most on here have done by moving and living in Thailand. Yes I know it's easy to say as I have no daughter but it's what I belive I would do. Non judgemental is my way in life (exept for bullies or wannabe experts)

And if your daughter, if you had one, made her intentions clear to you and the boss, about her intentions to marry a man, 53 years older than her, would you not feel embarrassed, or, rather, like this family, would you be thinking ker-ching ?

Poor girl - what a life!

So, you know her past life?

I don't need to - I know her future life will be terrible, right up until the bloke that's more than four times her age dies!

Leally? Did Makro have that sale on crystal balls again?

Don't know, but they must have had a sale on crystal meth, based on some of your multiple posts on this thread.

Back in my Mali days we had 70+ year old guys marrying 14 year old girls as 4th WIFE 555............................

Some of these girls couldn't read or write and were simply used as MATING-machine. Oh and that was not 1000 years ago but 1998.

"LINING THE LIFE"

cheers willy!

Your surname isn't Bates is it?

cheers willy!

Your surname isn't Bates is it?

No, it's Mind... ?

(Mr)

Who are you trying to kid, us or yourself?

A 53 year age gap between them. May be the girl was beguile by his charm, good looks, the cute way he smiles or the feel of his wrinkles. Or could be she`s heavily into necrophilia. If I were a gambling man then I`d bet it`s his wallet that gets her juices flowing.

(Mr)

Who are you trying to kid, us or yourself?

A 53 year age gap between them. May be the girl was beguile by his charm, good looks, the cute way he smiles or the feel of his wrinkles. Or could be she`s heavily into necrophilia. If I were a gambling man then I`d bet it`s his wallet that gets her juices flowing.

And those of her parents

This is wonderful!!! (I date young girls)

This is horrible!! (I can't date young girls)
Disgusting!!! (I have a young girl)

Age means nothing!!! (I want to date young girls)

daddy issues, anyone????

if the reason isn't money, my name is fruta fraya frocker frecka....

An acquaintance of mine retired and settled in Uttaradit. When he was 65, he met a girl who was a few months short of 17 and they clicked. She continued to live with her family until she was 18 and then they married. Now she's 21 and he's 69. They're still together and seem to be very happy. And, by the way, his pension is small - less than 30,000 baht per month. He gave her parents 50,000 baht when they married and they haven't asked for anything since because they know he doesn't have much money. When he dies she'll get what's in their joint bank account -- he told me that they're saved about 200,000 now. (And since it's a joint account, she could take it and do a runner any time.) So it seems that it's not always about money, sometimes its about compatibility and -- dare I say -- love.

i know several such girls, they all had lost their virginity, (raped by familymembers, worked in karaoke-brothels, or left heartbroken by a thai boyfriend), and therefore had no more chance to find a thai husband. normally thais never marry second-hand woman, unlike in western countries. her only alternative would have been, to go to pattaya and work as a prostitute, so i think, she made the better decision.

(Mr)

To, (Mr, & Mrs),

And if your daughter, if you had one, made her intentions clear to you and the boss, about her intentions to marry a man, 53 years older than her, would you not feel embarrassed, or, rather, like this family, would you be thinking ker-ching ?

(Mr)

If I gave her my blessing why would I then feel embarrassed? ?? You presume the girls family are thinking money you and everyone else have no concrete evidence on this at all. Have you considered the possibility of they are actually in love.

(Mr)

To, (Mr, & Mrs),

(Mr)

If I gave her my blessing why would I then feel embarrassed? ?? You presume the girls family are thinking money you and everyone else have no concrete evidence on this at all. Have you considered the possibility of they are actually in love.

yea a 17 year old is in love with a 70 year old you are either trolling, naive or both

(Mr)

To, (Mr, & Mrs),

(Mr)

yea a 17 year old is in love with a 70 year old you are either trolling, naive or both

(Mr)

Your insults are very naive (I see you have amended your post removing the insult thank you) the concept of love is obviously lost on one such as yourself.

Archived