Letter of Residency

Went to Sri Racha today with all the necessary documents {I thought} for two letters of residency so as to renew my driving licences.

The first thing the immigration officer did was ask for details for a work permit, which longer have and then details or records of the tax paid on the rental Then he gave me everything back. Never been asked or heard of anyone being asked for this before. Guy was completely intransigent. Not interested in any of the paperwork, just wanted details of tax.
My landlord is a friend who lives and works in Australia. I believe 15% tax is payable on rental income but not aware of how and to whom it should be paid.
Have sent an email to Wayne's lawyer to see what he makes of it. It's not getting any easier. God knows what hoops I will need to jump through in September for the marriage extension.
Regards

You posted this morning in your earlier topic about a TM30 form about the same subject. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/917697-tm30/#entry10805521

My reply there was.

It seems the want want proof that he is paying Thai taxes on his income for the rental. They have asked other people for the owners work permit to apply for an extension.

For those asked for the owners work permit I suggest that owner arrange things through an agent to get around the problem.

I think immigration is stepping over their bounds of authority asking for such things.