Koh Tao murders appeal reveals shocking new evidence suggesting unfair trial and wrongful conviction

webfact

i read that the boss's son refused to give DNA sample and the police did not press him for one. Why not? Extremely dodgey. But i suppose that the way they handled DNA evidence it would have made no difference. I feel sorry for the Miller family...they are so naive.....I don't know how they can accept this verdict and live with themselves.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thailand, third world and always will be. No matter how many shopping malls they build!

Thailand is a banana republic and will never be anything else, the Asian hub of crimes and murders.

I remember in the first reports that one of the Koh Tao boss's son was seen on CCTV at the scene, then he magically appeared in Bangkok. This case reeks of mafia and government corruption on multiple levels.

Is that the same person that had his long hair cut really short before turning up at a media conference and then later became a monk ?

"Both accused testified they were stripped naked during the interrogation and physically assaulted including, but no limited to, being punched, genital torture, being kicked and having bags placed over their head. Wounds and bruises of these accusations were present and confirmed by no less than three doctors with regards to one of the defendants."

So a bit of Guantanamo Bay here in my Thailand, how bloody awful!!

The former head of Royal Thai Police, Mr. Y. Poompumruang, who just resigned and retired last September, and oversaw this mess, should be held in account

He became a wealthy RTP after the Kho Tao murders, no worries in the future except maybe his conscience, that is if he have one.

Another reason to suspect something is being covered up.

'"According to the newly published report the appeal questions why the police claimed that DNA samples from the crime scene were sent to Singapore where it was determined the suspects were Asian but later stated this had been revealed in a Thai lab and the samples had in fact never been sent to Singapore."

Thailand will have to keep face, therefore we all know what the end result will be for the 2 innocent guys.

I wonder which face loss is bigger

- if they still pretend that the police work was good and unbiased and the trial was fair

- or

the one that happened already and will grow and grow for the unfair handling of the case

which looks like police and court are protecting the real criminals

Propaganda for the faithful, nothing more, nothing less.

The lies are getting more blatant though, the article claims the UK autopsy ruled out rape, the truth is:

"A coroner has ruled the death of University of Essex student, Hannah Witheridge, in Thailand was an "unlawful killing" by "severe head injuries".

They had both suffered head injuries, while Hannah had also been sexually assaulted."
The rest of it is full of similar dishonest and manipulative obfuscation, but of course those emotionally invested in seeing those men as innocent scapegoats (such as the writer of that article) won't let the facts get on the way.
At the end of the day, an appeal based on such things will not succeed and those men will remain were they belong.

New evidence??? what new evidence? It's hardly breaking news either

Whether these scars were caused by a Thai autopsy or not is irrelevant. It does not prove she was not sexually assaulted and it certainly has nothing to do with the blows that killed the poor girl.

I googled the writers name and it led me straight to an article published by Andrew Drummond a week ago, Drummond had an arrest warrant put out on him by the Thai Supreme Court, he is a known habitual liar and anything he writes about Thailand can not be believed. IMO

If this had any relevance it would have been front page news when the story broke.

The lies are getting more blatant though, the article claims the UK autopsy ruled out rape, the truth is:

"A coroner has ruled the death of University of Essex student, Hannah Witheridge, in Thailand was an "unlawful killing" by "severe head injuries".

They had both suffered head injuries, while Hannah had also been sexually assaulted."

The rest of it is full of similar dishonest and manipulative obfuscation, but of course those emotionally invested in seeing those men as innocent scapegoats (such as the writer of that article) won't let the facts get on the way.

At the end of the day, an appeal based on such things will not succeed and those men will remain were they belong.

You have read the actual UK autopsy? Or just pulled that from another undisclosed source?

You have read the actual UK autopsy? Or just pulled that from another undisclosed source?

Hannah Witheridge "Unlawfully Killed", Coroner Rules

After that is written about this case, I am very relieved that this has come out.

Finally, the truth will come out as well, i am sure the B2 will be released soon, hope they file for a huge compensation because of their year-long incarceration but I do not hold my hopes high.

They might be threatened to forego on comp to avoid further loss of face.

Interesting to see what the victim's families have to say about this article, will follow the British press the coming days.

New evidence??? what new evidence? It's hardly breaking news either

Whether these scars were caused by a Thai autopsy or not is irrelevant. It does not prove she was not sexually assaulted and it certainly has nothing to do with the blows that killed the poor girl.

I googled the writers name and it led me straight to an article published by Andrew Drummond a week ago, Drummond had an arrest warrant put out on him by the Thai Supreme Court, he is a known habitual liar and anything he writes about Thailand can not be believed. IMO

If this had any relevance it would have been front page news when the story broke.

They are just throwing dust on people's eyes. Even if that particular cut was caused by the autopsy in Thailand (which obviously involves incisions in many places) it doesn't mean that there was no rape; it would be like arguing that a victim of a shooting was not killed by a bullet because during the autopsy the coroner opened up the chest for examination. This is clearly meant to further obfuscate the facts.

To make things worse you can clearly read they are champing at the bit to go after the Miller and Toovichean families; I don't know why Thaivisa goes along with this, they've opened themselves to a libel suit by republishing these articles from the Samui Times.

I still have no hope for he B2 - this country is corrupt to the core too much money has changed owners. According to today's news, you can ride into a group of people and the more you kill, the lesser a sentence you get, basically a win win situation... Oh, forgot - the B2 are dirt poor, plus are they Burmese... well, life it is then, I guess... sick.gif

That doesn't actually say the sexual assault information was in the coroners report. It reads like that's the reporter restating previous report information. Unlawfully killed is what the coroners report says.. point to a direct quote that says sexual assault!

As has already been said , THIS IS NO SURPRISE, we who iive here await the Police Publicity machine to spout accusations against the lawyers, the media just to cover their incompetent and corrupt tracks.

Old news this as the UK media pointed this out like two months ago ...

And the supposed revelation about was she or wasn't she raped is obviously explained by unconscious women do not resist- of course that info is not included

Unconscious women, ( or already deceased) do not show abrasions on the labia or vaginal canal.

No semen in the UK autopsy? Embalming with formaldehyde has a way of ridding a body of fluids.

No DNA on murder weapon? It's called cloth, like what missing shirts are made of.

Now can I post that link to a similar murder of a young woman in Zaw's old Rakhine State neighbohood May, 2012?

Incidentally, since this case is active, why is one of the (alleged) defense attorneys discussing it publicly, (Ms. Nadthasiri Bergman LL.M. Esq.) on an extremely prejudiced web site that this was lifted from.

That doesn't actually say the sexual assault information was in the coroners report. It reads like that's the reporter restating previous report information. Unlawfully killed is what the coroners report says.. point to a direct quote that says sexual assault!

post-249774-0-83183100-1464752875_thumb.

although complimenting the Brits (and UK in general) is difficult for me to do...i have to say that it seems that they are trying their best to see that these two young lads are getting proper legal council. i just hope they don't fizzle out....or something unseemly doesn't happen to those 2 boys while they wait for justice.

so, hats off to the UK government for stepping-up for these 2 boys. i wish you would do more of it.

Stepping up? Odd way of looking at the fact the UK FO provided Thai police with evidence linking the phone in their possession as belonging to David Miller- you know the phone first found in the woods, then story changed to on the beach, or was it the woods first , then it was a friend , then it was er, must confer to get our lies straight.

I hear the pharmaceutical company that makes the drugs used for euthanasia no longer does so.

Will Thailand revert back to the quick, cheap and almost painless gunshot for execution of these two murderers?

[insulting inference deleted] No surprises that they arrive mob handed with the same bile!.... This case is still making the news and hopefully the 2 guys will be released!

Making the news? Only AD's discredited tablog, and the ultra prejudiced discourse killing web site are carrying it.

Not one reputable news site is interested- but they aren't inculcated into FB misinformation campaigns.

Send them home, even if they did it, the case is botched. Justice will be better seved if this helps the police, prosecutors and courts to be more honest and professional in their practice. Send them home.

"Send them home, even if they did it"

I would like you to read what you wrote again and think about what it means!!

Some of you are a razor's edge away from long suspensions. Tired of having to delete every third post because you guys can't grow up and stop attacking each other over a story in which nothing any of you say will make a difference. No more benefit of the doubt for anyone. That includes those misusing the report button to fight their battles.

Regretfully, the possibility of any justice to be forthcoming is negated by the following statement:-

The two men who have no previous criminal history, motive for the rape and murders, and whose DNA was never found on the murder weapon now face yet another year on death row as they wait for their appeal to be considered by the same Region 8 team who handed them both the death penalty for rape and double murder to consider the 198 page appeal document submitted a few days ago by the defence team.

And there lies the rub. IMO, the Appeal should have been independently reviewed by other than the Region 8 team. That is a given, in this case, because there is an established 'conflict of interest'.

I consider it unthinkable (unless there is intervention by the PM) that the Region 8 Appeals court would overturn their original conviction even if the real perps admit to the crime (as if). Undoubtedly, when the Appeal fails - or the sentences reduced - the case will be referred to the Supreme court, who should be (although not an absolute, given they could have Region 8 relatives) an independent body of BKK judges.

Then justice could be served. But that is several years down the line, and by that time the B2 will have served many years in prison, and any remaining 'evidence' would have been destroyed by the RTP, thus preventing any realistic chance of a successful investigation/prosecution of anyone.

...this is what we have to deal with in lesser and greater degrees...every day....

...sick....sick...scum....truth has no bearing.....

..just all and everything for 'them'...their advantage...their gain..

...and nothing for 'others'.....just pay.pay.pay...and lose..lose..lose.....

Archived