It's all aboard for the Pattaya to Pranburi sea ferry

webfact

The vessel in the picture is just that... A picture of a ferry boat. It is a high speed Cat used in many other parts of the real Planet Earth.

This deluded area has yet to learn basic Arithmetic let alone navigation skills.

The numbers do not add up.

Of course...These vessels will be competing with the High Speed Rail link in 2525 if man is still alive.

Ehh?

It look exactly like the cat used between Surat Thani / Koh Samui

Assuming that the 7.8 million passengers they expect is per year, that's over 21,000 people daily will cross the waters? That seems a tad high.

And, having to get to Ban Amphur to catch the ferry, and then from Pranburi to Hua Hin once you get there -- have they thought through the logisitics of the ferry from a passenger point of view?

Indeed they have! Very common throughout SE Asia. In Indonesia I've seen "bus terminals" that were little more than a bit of concrete paving and an aluminum awning out in the bush, at least 5km from anything. Taxi? And then the drivers fight each other over you "I saw him first!" etc.

If you can recall when Air Asia first got it's network together there was a section of their website for each destination with things to see, where to eat, etc. There was also info on transport to/from the airport, with the airline itself sometimes running a shuttle service. Not any more, though a few exceptions. Taxi?

Is there really such demand to go from the HH area to Pattaya to support this?

On the other hand if they ran a service from the Hat Yai area it would bring in Malaysian tourists...

Surely that boat in the photo can't take 30 cars?!

And traveling 109 km in 90 minutes = 73 km/hour average? Unlikely.

The high-speed ferries across the English Channel have a top speed just under 80 kph.

Dfds Dover to Calais takes 90 minutes, but the distance is only 33 kilometres ( 21 miles)

Surely that boat in the photo can't take 30 cars?!

And traveling 109 km in 90 minutes = 73 km/hour average? Unlikely.

The high-speed ferries across the English Channel have a top speed just under 80 kph.

Dfds Dover to Calais takes 90 minutes, but the distance is only 33 kilometres ( 21 miles)

I would guess that the English Channel, being one of the busiest shopping lanes in the world, means they keep their top speed down.

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/fleet/high-speed/normandie-express

42 knot top speed, 78 kph.

where the heck is pranburi?

Don't worry about that. The latest article indicates the port may now be in Puektian Beach. Never heard of it? Neither had I. Looked it up and found it on Google Earth, and it's over 40km from central Hua Hin.

The image ( photo) is just a small craft a Master Five vessel 24 meters .

The one proposed raises many bigger questions .

It would be a Master three vessel and have a significant draft unfit for Pattaya without a large dredging programme .

It's also unlike a docking wharf without again lots of work can be achieved for such a craft.

Then there are serious safety concerns involved with this time table or are they talking about several craft?

I would pay 1,000 Baht to have the experience of taking a high speed catamaran although there are obviously cheaper ways to do it. Would I pay that to take it more than one time? I am not so sure. I don't really like to take buses so I am guessing this is cheaper than a taxi would be and somewhat quicker? I think this isn't for your ex pat looking to simply go to point a from point b. There are people that will pay more to travel on water but as some people mentioned the policy with cars and passengers may be troublesome. I think when I took a taxi and took the ferry to Koh Chang they just charged for the car? I could be wrong about that but if I am correct I would expect it to be the same.

1,000 Baht for a couple of hours out on the open sea seems okay to me but the catch is how often would I really want to travel that route other than for the novelty of doing it?

Trouble car ferries and speed don't mix ....it's a con ....car ferries on fast craft? Sorry 20 knots tops.

The whole concept is BS and as viable as Pattaya being a quality sports resort etc etc

The tonnage claimed is BS go google 30 cars and weight then add passengers ...

It ain't going to be fast.

Not if you picture the misleading craft in image ......that might do 32-35 knots ....maybe ( 65 kilometres an hour)

A car ferry would would be extremely pushed to do 45 k an hour

The one down south linked to Samui does 17 knots

The whole idea is flawed

Sounds great, but....

As long as all staff are certified in marine safety, evacuation procedures, and laws

Providing they don't overload the vessels

Proving there are enough life preservers and make it mandatory that all children and the handicap wear life preservers at all times.

Carry extra water in case of a breakdown.

Don't attempt to load and make a crossing in heavy seas.

Have regular safety inspections and maintenance according to the manufactor's recommendations.

The Captains have a minimum of 10 years experience as licensed Captains with a clean record and periodic drug testing.

All surfaces are scrubbed and cleaned on a regular basis with a disinfectant to keep bacteria from infecting the passengers.

Went on the old ferry years ago, quite pleasant but not full by a long way.

I have no idea where these numbers come from, TAT?

Why would <8000 people a day want to make this journey?

Even in the now non existent high season that will not happen.

It would be a Master three vessel and have a significant draft unfit for Pattaya without a large dredging programme .

It's also unlike a docking wharf without again lots of work can be achieved for such a craft.

Then there are serious safety concerns involved with this time table or are they talking about several craft?

This catamaran averaged over 40 knots trans atlantic and cruises at over 50 knots. It holds 150 cars and 1000 passengers.

Incat High Speed Ferries

post-18801-0-92997400-1465108328_thumb.j

Agree with most of the posts; fare is too high, ferry terminals in wrong place etc. I used to live on the Isle of Wight in the UK with a ferry service that chugged to and from every hour or so with lorries, cars pax etc. Very cheap. After it was 'privatised' it has recently come out as the most expensive ferry in Europe, but that is beside the point. Over here I lived near Hua Hin for 10 years and I could never understand why there was no ferry link across the Gulf of Siam, particularly for lorry and container traffic. To set one up just for pax and cars (and presumably m/cs as well) at such an exorbitant price, not only seems barking mad, but doomed to failure. However, TIT and someone will make a lot of money out of it before it goes t1ts up.

This catamaran averaged over 40 knots trans atlantic and cruises at over 50 knots. It holds 150 cars and 1000 passengers.

Incat High Speed Ferries

attachicon.gifferry2.jpg

Impressive. And it is on an international route, with millions of potential users.

"The Rio de la Plata estuary between Buenos Aires, Argentina and Montevideo, Uruguay, is about to welcome an incredibly fast and luxurious new arrival.

A 99-metre long 'Wave Piercing Catamaran' will soon be whizzing up to 1024 passengers and 150 cars between the two cities at a maximum speed of 58.1 knots, or 67 mph.

And the manufacturers of the 450-tonne ferry say that is it 'certainly the fastest ship in the world.' (Mail on Sunday)

Who will use the "Pattaya to Pranburi" ferry?

If the government or its associates are involved in this venture it may become a requirement for all farangs to take this trip on a monthly basis!

As noted ferries have to be RoRo, notoriously unstable unless driven correctly! 30 cars & 12 motorbikes! wonder who makes this stuff up!

If it's anything like the Lang Kawi high speed ferry, stay well away. Passengers are crammed in, the seats are tiny, absolutely no legroom, uncomfortable and in long rows. You're better off in a minivan, bus or the train

Archived