New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

The European Union always was a CIA project, as Brexiteers discover

Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, Telegraph . . .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/04/27/the-european-union-always-was-a-cia-project-as-brexiteers-discov/

Another great reason to leave

You haven't read the article, if you had you would have responded differently because the last paragraph reads:

"You can quarrel with Europe, or you can quarrel with the US, but it is courting fate to quarrel with the whole democratic world at the same time".

So, not only do you want out of the EU but one of your reasons for wanting that is to spite the US for pushing for its formation in the first place. Really!

My choice, Yes I did read it......Its not just about wanting to leave because the yanks want us to stay....I said 'another'

If it means not having the yanks in favour or not been at the front of the queue for trade or whatever other crap they spout then so be it

I feel that the author's conclusion of the article, was a non sequitur and rather puerile. Where is the argument which he alludes to?

The United Kingdom has no argument with Europe, nor the USA, nor the world. And nor will it, post-Brexit.

Britain is simply practicing its Sovereign right (as of this present time), to ask the country what the majority of the citizens believe the

way forward should be in respect of membership of the European Union.

And we know why it's called a plebicite, don't we

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/04/27/the-european-union-always-was-a-cia-project-as-brexiteers-discov/

You haven't read the article, if you had you would have responded differently because the last paragraph reads:

"You can quarrel with Europe, or you can quarrel with the US, but it is courting fate to quarrel with the whole democratic world at the same time".

So, not only do you want out of the EU but one of your reasons for wanting that is to spite the US for pushing for its formation in the first place. Really!

My choice, Yes I did read it......Its not just about wanting to leave because the yanks want us to stay....I said 'another'

If it means not having the yanks in favour or not been at the front of the queue for trade or whatever other crap they spout then so be it

I feel that the author's conclusion of the article, was a non sequitur and rather puerile. Where is the argument which he alludes to?

The United Kingdom has no argument with Europe, nor the USA, nor the world. And nor will it, post-Brexit.

Britain is simply practicing its Sovereign right (as of this present time), to ask the country what the majority of the citizens believe the

You just can't help yourself, can you? It has another name: "Democracy".

As to your comment in a preceding article, that Britain would soon be the largest economy in the EU (I guess you mean if Remain

keeps the UK inside the EU), I would say "in your dreams".

And . . . that Britain will be able to push through the necessary political reforms in the EU, I would say to you, "dream on".

You are in urgent need of a dose of reality.

I don't get the sense of 'spite.' Seems to be his endorsement is based on the self evident destruction wrought by US empire building and inflicting it's will on others, couched in democracy.

When you become self aware you are chained due to contrived and coercive means, the only dignified thing to do is rail against the chains.

*you must agree with me. If you don't, you clearly don't understand the issue. [para] Hilarious!

The EU has not lost its way; it's once worthy aims haven't been lost. The EU was always ever going to look exactly as it does now. Why? Because of the ant democratic pillars it's founded on, and it's insidious template of social engineering present from the start.

The problem with the EU cannot be managed or improved. All the water drawn is unpotable once the source is polluted.

As to your comment in a preceding article, that Britain would soon be the largest economy in the EU (I guess you mean if Remain

And . . . that Britain will be able to push through the necessary political reforms in the EU, I would say to you, "dream on".

Point of order - you missed my spelling mistake!

A plebiscite is a decree by the common people. What's wrong with that?

I spotted your deliberate mistake, and admit to having a smile over it.

However, there was a deliberate double-entendre, as we both know.

Cameron/Farage Debate

Watched and listened to that with great interest. I thought Farage put his case but canes across as rent-a-mouth. For a change, I thought Cameron came across as quite balanced and sensible. I give that bout to Cameron on points

That of course is your opinion,however the neutral polls that I have seen gave an opposite result.

You are of course aware the the coloured lady who kept interrupting and badgering N.F. Is a journalist for the Huffington post. She has today come out and admitted that she had been invited to appear and question N.F.

By the unbiased (???)BBC.

This same BBC reported on a disturbance in Brighton, Implying that trouble makers arrested were from an anti- immigration parade. However on further questioning Sussex police admitted that those arrested were in fact from a group opposing this peacefull parade. I attached a photo of those attacking this parade. Please notice the head covering.

post-78707-0-41024600-1465393894_thumb.p

I spotted your deliberate mistake, and admit to having a smile over it.

However, there was a deliberate double-entendre, as we both know.

A woman walks into a bar and asks the barman for a double entendre

So he gave her one......

"It is a fact that the balance of the conclusions from the serious and detailed economic studies of the medium-term consequences of Brexit for the British economy is overwhelmingly negative.

The central estimates from the studies are that the economic losses from Brexit are in the range of 5pc to 10pc of GDP per annum around 10 or 15 years from now, or around £1,500 to £3,000 per person per year (I deliberately use round numbers here to avoid spurious precision). Estimates of short-term losses to GDP from Brexit over the next few years are in the range 0.5pc to 2pc".

Nicholas Stern is IG Patel Professor of Economics and Government, LSE and President of the British Academy

The article is an evaluation of the evidence that generates the conclusions above, NOT a review of the conclusions. Professor Stern's findings are: "My conclusions therefore are that these studies represent the best we can do in these circumstances and, on balance, are likely to be under­estimates of the losses from Brexit".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/08/uk-economy-would-be-seriously-weakened-by-brexit/

And before somebody starts telling porkies (you know who you are), the Pound did indeed jump one cent against USD yesterday. Contrary to popular belief amongst some Brexit fans the jump had nothing to do with markets now favouring Brexit, USD interest rates or anything other than a rise in manufacturing output: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/08/pound-jumps-as-uk-factories-roar-back-into-life/

"It is a fact that the balance of the conclusions from the serious and detailed economic studies of the medium-term consequences of Brexit for the British economy is overwhelmingly negative.

The central estimates from the studies are that the economic losses from Brexit are in the range of 5pc to 10pc of GDP per annum around 10 or 15 years from now, or around £1,500 to £3,000 per person per year (I deliberately use round numbers here to avoid spurious precision). Estimates of short-term losses to GDP from Brexit over the next few years are in the range 0.5pc to 2pc".

Nicholas Stern is IG Patel Professor of Economics and Government, LSE and President of the British Academy

The article is an evaluation of the evidence that generates the conclusions above, NOT a review of the conclusions. Professor Stern's findings are: "My conclusions therefore are that these studies represent the best we can do in these circumstances and, on balance, are likely to be under­estimates of the losses from Brexit".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/08/uk-economy-would-be-seriously-weakened-by-brexit/

And before somebody starts telling porkies (you know who you are), the Pound did indeed jump one cent against USD yesterday. Contrary to popular belief amongst some Brexit fans the jump had nothing to do with markets now favouring Brexit, USD interest rates or anything other than a rise in manufacturing output: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/08/pound-jumps-as-uk-factories-roar-back-into-life/

Some proponents of Exit believe that net economic benefits will come within a year or two after Exit. But net economic benefits for Exit may be much farther away.

One of the few pro-Brexit economists, Andrew Lilico, the executive director of the consulting firm Europe Economics, says "the cost of leaving would be real, but would roughly net out by around 2030"...."The costs would rise before the benefits kick in,” he acknowledged, writing for Politica.eu., “But few things worth having in life come free.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/03/world/europe/uncertain-economics-influence-brexit-talk.html?_r=0

Ironically, the economics relied upon by the Brixiters for economic recovery resulting from exit requires a stable and florishing EU economy. If the EU economy were to contract, the individual 27 trade agreements that the UK would have to negotiate with EU members might drag the UK economy further down than its present state as an EU member.

My sniff test suggests that 2030 sounds about right to me, given the scale of everything that is involved.

A number of these so called economic experts/organizations are very well known for getting their predictions completely wrong.

Some proponents of Exit believe that net economic benefits will come within a year or two after Exit. But net economic benefits for Exit may be much farther away.

One of the few pro-Brexit economists, Andrew Lilico, the executive director of the consulting firm Europe Economics, says "the cost of leaving would be real, but would roughly net out by around 2030"...."The costs would rise before the benefits kick in,” he acknowledged, writing for Politica.eu., “But few things worth having in life come free.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/03/world/europe/uncertain-economics-influence-brexit-talk.html?_r=0

Ironically, the economics relied upon by the Brixiters for economic recovery resulting from exit requires a stable and florishing EU economy. If the EU economy were to contract, the individual 27 trade agreements that the UK would have to negotiate with EU members might drag the UK economy further down than its present state as an EU member.

"“But few things worth having in life come free" - or within a lifetime - if you throw your rattle out the pram.

My sniff test suggests that 2030 sounds about right to me, given the scale of everything that is involved.

Such a wet finger is so flawed that it can only sit with all the other speculative comments (from both sides).

That there will be an economic impact is not in doubt. The extent of that is unlikely to be worse than recessions that have occurred over the last 20 years.

That is a price worth paying to exit the odious EU.

A number of these so called economic experts/organizations are very well known for getting their predictions completely wrong.

It was pro-Brexit economist Andrew Lilico who cited 2030.

British friends: if you know anyone who is considering voting for Brexit (and I sincerely hope you don't), please point out to them that, thanks to the law of unintended consequences, a vote for Brexit has a 99% certainty of also being a vote for the following:

1. Boris Johnson as Prime Minister - our very own, better-educated, answer to Donald Trump!
2. Scotland leaving the United Kingdom in order to remain in the EU.
3. A three-year recession in the UK.
4. Uncontained delight for Donald Trump, Rupert Murdoch, Kim Jong-un, ISIS, the Taliban, and all other enemies of democracy.
5. A huge setback for the West as whole, and for its slow progress towards peace and stability since 1945.
6. A collapse in the pound: which will mean no more European holidays for most British people, and high inflation at home.
7. All those retired British people in Spain being sent home (or being forced home by the weak pound and lack of access to healthcare), where they will be a drain on the UK health care system instead of the Spanish one.
8. London's Polish builders all going to Germany (see point 6), and leaving us to contend with British builders.
9. No change in net immigration figures: since, in order to gain access to the EU single market, neighbouring nations also have to accept free movement of labour. There's no chance of the UK being granted an exception.
10. The final collapse of British farming, as EU subsidies are withdrawn, and promises to replace them from Westminster are not honoured.

And then ask them to consider, whether it is worth enduring this outcome, in order to express their disgruntlement over immigration policy and EU bureaucracy?

Hey, he's on your side not mine, it's your own people who are telling you these things, the Brexit economists and STILL you don't listen, too funny by far.

The dollar Index also dropped from 94 to 93.5 between Tuesday evening and Wed evening Thai time. Currently at 93.456.

"The annual three-day Bilderberg conference kicks off on Thursday, and you can be sure the mood in Dresden will be a grim one. The heads of Google, Shell, BP and Deutsche Bank will be there, and Brexit will be top of the agenda. The Bilderberg Group has been nurturing the EU to life since the 1950s, and now they see their creation under dire threat."

http://investmentwatchblog.com/globalist-bilderberg-group-in-panic-over-brexit-conspires-to-stop-britain-from-leaving-eu/

A few days ago it was all to do with the CIA, I suppose now we will here that the CIA funds the Bilderberg Group.

When all else fails introduce a good conspiracy theory.

Yes but this "expert" is a Brexiteer.!!...i get the feeling you aren't using deduction to come up with your opinions here

Such a wet finger is so flawed that it can only sit with all the other speculative comments (from both sides).

That there will be an economic impact is not in doubt. The extent of that is unlikely to be worse than recessions that have occurred over the last 20 years.

That is a price worth paying to exit the odious EU.

"The extent of that is unlikely to be worse than recessions that have occurred over the last 20 years".

I think we'll have to put that speculative comment with all the other speculative comments. biggrin.png

Has anyone mentioned the devastation this will cause in the Arts and Science.

Most scientific research is funded by the EU directly or indirectly.....many researchers are very worried te plug will be pulled and UK will lose it's international status there.

sadly not only the mainstream arts will suffer but street-level and community arts will be hit as well.....most towns and cities ave arts and musicians collectives - some designed to help keep[ kids out of trouble, others to help the elderly etc etc - ALL these getEU funding and will either contract or close.

"The annual three-day Bilderberg conference kicks off on Thursday, and you can be sure the mood in Dresden will be a grim one. The heads of Google, Shell, BP and Deutsche Bank will be there, and Brexit will be top of the agenda. The Bilderberg Group has been nurturing the EU to life since the 1950s, and now they see their creation under dire threat."

http://investmentwatchblog.com/globalist-bilderberg-group-in-panic-over-brexit-conspires-to-stop-britain-from-leaving-eu/

A few days ago it was all to do with the CIA, I suppose now we will here that the CIA funds the Bilderberg Group.

Peter Hargreves the founder of Hargreaves Lansdown,one of the largest personnel financial companies in the UK is recommending a vote for Brexit, citing one of the reasons,is that he believes the EU in the future will want to get their hands on the very large UK pension funds, a pension funds that is the largest in the EU. In fact many EU countries do not have any such funds.

Now of course this is only his personnel opion.

The people supporting the remain side continue to promote the so called economic experts, even though throughout history they have been proven to be completely wrong.

Personally I prefare to listen to successfully business people,those who rely for their success on exporting manufactured products around the world,including I notice Thailand.

I was of the understanding that individual EU member countries were unable to negotiate their own trade agreements am I wrong?

Peter Hargreves the founder of Hargreaves Lansdown,one of the largest personnel financial companies in the UK is recommending a vote for Brexit, citing one of the reasons,is that he believes the EU in the future will want to get their hands on the very large UK pension funds, a pension funds that is the largest in the EU. In fact many EU countries do not have any such funds.

Now of course this is only his personnel opion.

What is a personnel financial company?

I think this decision by MP Sarah Wollaston will be a big blow to the Brexit campaign as it highlights Boris Johnson's main claim about the £350M per week that could be saved to be untrue!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36485464

Archived