New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

Muslim community's integrate,? Well I never,I must have lived in the wrong town

They don't. Which is one of the reasons I'm anti-Muslim. I think it's number 27 on my list [emoji846]
I can agree with you on the anti Muslim. So why do you favour staying in a "club" that keeps letting them in?

75 million turks just waiting on the staring line.

What was it Erdogan said. " the conquest is Hijrah". All part of his strategy for Islamising Europe. Awesome, I can't wait for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst drinking a cold beer

We need to call a halt to spouting known falsehoods. We have been trying to keep Turkey on board for decades for strategic reasons. But they have ZERO chance of joining the EU for a VERY long time. Even the current idea of giving access to Shengen areas does not affect UK. Erdogan is pushing joining even further back.

So which EU Muslims are you referring to? Are you stuck on the asylum seeker / refugee / economic migrant issue? You should know that I support letting properly screened REFUGEES in for TEMPORARY refuge. ( we should have supported Erdogan's plan for no fly safe zones in northern Syria and Iraq)

What falsehood?

So you pick and choose the anti muslim?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's inaccurate to some extent.

UK Net Contributions to the EU budget:

£11.3bn 2015 (OBR estimate)

£11.0bn 2014

£ 8.6bn 2013

£ 8.5bn 2012

£ 8.1bn 2011

£ 7.4bn 2010

There is an independent factchecking charity called Full Fact - they claim it's 8.5 billion, not 11.3. Either way, a huge amount to pay, some would say.

In 2015, the UK's public sector receipts amounted to £4.5 billion

So overall we paid in £8.5 billion more than we got back, or £23 million a day.

0.5% of GDP? Doesn't keep me awake

They don't. Which is one of the reasons I'm anti-Muslim. I think it's number 27 on my list [emoji846]
I can agree with you on the anti Muslim. So why do you favour staying in a "club" that keeps letting them in?

What was it Erdogan said. " the conquest is Hijrah". All part of his strategy for Islamising Europe. Awesome, I can't wait for that

We need to call a halt to spouting known falsehoods. We have been trying to keep Turkey on board for decades for strategic reasons. But they have ZERO chance of joining the EU for a VERY long time. Even the current idea of giving access to Shengen areas does not affect UK. Erdogan is pushing joining even further back.

So which EU Muslims are you referring to? Are you stuck on the asylum seeker / refugee / economic migrant issue? You should know that I support letting properly screened REFUGEES in for TEMPORARY refuge. ( we should have supported Erdogan's plan for no fly safe zones in northern Syria and Iraq)

What falsehood?

75M Turks? Were you not suggesting that they might get to join the EU? Why else would you mention it?

For me, letting in Pakistani mothers and their sisters and their cousins and their aunts is the issue (to paraphrase Gillbert and Sullivan)

strewth that would see a few starting to struggle, including me sad.png

It's all guess work at this stage but a worst case 20% drop against USD would give that sort of result. Interestingly, my personal budget notes tell me that a year ago I was using 54.67 to the Pound for accounting purposes so we've seen an almost 10% drop in that time and that's without the impact of Brexit!

When I first went to Thailand Dec 2011 the Thai Baht was about 50 to the pound, I have been back between 2 and 3 times a year since Thai baht fluctuating between 46 and 56 if I recall correctly. 50 seems average.

What falsehood?

75M Turks? Were you not suggesting that they might get to join the EU? Why else would you mention it?

For me, letting in Pakistani mothers and their sisters and their cousins and their aunts is the issue (to paraphrase Gillbert and Sullivan)

Yes I was, I believe that eventually they will be allowed to join, so why do you want to be a member of a 'Club' that going to let them in?

So you're not really anti muslim then, you are a when it suits you person?

As for 75 million I haven't counted them this week, I am just going on numbers banded about...there might be 74.5 million

strewth that would see a few starting to struggle, including me sad.png

It's all guess work at this stage but a worst case 20% drop against USD would give that sort of result. Interestingly, my personal budget notes tell me that a year ago I was using 54.67 to the Pound for accounting purposes so we've seen an almost 10% drop in that time and that's without the impact of Brexit!

When I first went to Thailand Dec 2011 the Thai Baht was about 50 to the pound, I have been back between 2 and 3 times a year since Thai baht fluctuating between 46 and 56 if I recall correctly. 50 seems average.

Indeed for the 5 year period you mention 50 is about average with quite a few swings in between - the average since 2013 is about 52. And as a casual visitor the exchange rate is probably of no great consequence to you, especially if you are earning Pounds back home. The story for the retired British expat in Thailand is totally different however where many rely on UK pension income, income that is in Pounds and which, over the past seven years, has fallen in value substantially, with the threat of an even greater fall looming in the wings.

What falsehood?

Yes I was, I believe that eventually they will be allowed to join, so why do you want to be a member of a 'Club' that going to let them in?

As for 75 million I haven't counted them this week, I am just going on numbers banded about...there might be 74.5 million

It's not about the exact number it's about the likelihood that Turkey will ever get in. I think at least 50 or 100 years or never! People seem to take diplomatic subtleties seriously. We needed Turkey to help stem the flow. Not a good idea to tell them they would never be welcome!

I really don't have time to trash that line by line

But incandescent lamps use 94% of the energy input to generate heat! You think that's a good idea these days?

Switzerland and Norway are successful because they don't contribute to EU? Laughable! Jesus!

TTIP hasn't happened yet.

Honestly, there are some perfectly sound Brexit arguments. Why not use them instead of this bimbo twaddle?

What falsehood?

It's not about the exact number it's about the likelihood that Turkey will ever get in. I think at least 50 or 100 years or never! People seem to take diplomatic subtleties seriously. We needed Turkey to help stem the flow. Not a good idea to tell them they would never be welcome!

You would make a good politician as they never answer the questions cheesy.gif

This is about the main leader of Brexit Boris Johnson being called a liar by the chairman of the health select committee MP Sarah Wollaston who previously supported him.

This is also Boris's main slogan for Brexit:

attachicon.gifBoris+Johnson+Tours+Dorset+Vote+Leave+Battle+SnUq-AFCEJml.jpg

attachicon.gifstream_img.jpg

This is not just about people being told lies, it is the HUGE lie of all lies that Boris is hiding behind.

The gross figure here backs up BJ, he was always talking gross figures as that sounds better for his argument

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/

have to go to work now.

Anybody who wants to hide behind gross versus net for the headline claim of their campaign posted on the side of the leading campaign bus is being dishonest or stupid or both. Or maybe they have myopic vision. Why? Because the false figure claim is linked to the amount of money which would therefore be available to the NHS. Lets double down on the junk.

This is politics, truths, half truths, propaganda, etc both sides are doing it making exaggerated claims and counter claims, you support remain ok no problem, you must be aware that claims of greater risks of war, house price crashes, recession for years, £4300 per household, etc etc are half truths and exaggerations, you can always tell because they have in the sentance "maybe, if or could"

I would prefer to be told unbias truths by all sides so I can make an informed decision, but I know thats not going to happen, so I take a little salt with everthing I am told or read.

What falsehood?

HMS Pinafore since you ask

This is about the main leader of Brexit Boris Johnson being called a liar by the chairman of the health select committee MP Sarah Wollaston who previously supported him.

This is also Boris's main slogan for Brexit:

attachicon.gifBoris+Johnson+Tours+Dorset+Vote+Leave+Battle+SnUq-AFCEJml.jpg

attachicon.gifstream_img.jpg

This is not just about people being told lies, it is the HUGE lie of all lies that Boris is hiding behind.

The gross figure here backs up BJ, he was always talking gross figures as that sounds better for his argument

have to go to work now.

Anybody who wants to hide behind gross versus net for the headline claim of their campaign posted on the side of the leading campaign bus is being dishonest or stupid or both. Or maybe they have myopic vision. Why? Because the false figure claim is linked to the amount of money which would therefore be available to the NHS. Lets double down on the junk.

This is politics, truths, half truths, propaganda, etc both sides are doing it making exaggerated claims and counter claims, you support remain ok no problem, you must be aware that claims of greater risks of war, house price crashes, recession for years, £4300 per household, etc etc are half truths and exaggerations, you can always tell because they have in the sentance "maybe, if or could"

I would prefer to be told unbias truths by all sides so I can make an informed decision, but I know thats not going to happen, so I take a little salt with everthing I am told or read.

Some things are probabilities or estimates.

In this case it is a known fact and therefore at best a misleading statement to be kind but in fact a clear lie. You should have heard Redwood trying to defend it. Embarrassing. Made my sphincter twitch!

What falsehood?

You can't answer can you? I am not searching riddles or whatever rubbish it is by G&S. Different when you are trying to out do others though by getting on about the lack of education

What falsehood?

You can't answer can you? I am not searching riddles or whatever rubbish it is by G&S. Different when you are trying to out do others though by getting on about the lack of education

Sorry Caps, I don't understand

1) I have no problem with free movement of labour, particularly with the new regulations

2) I do not want see more Muslims

3) But I have no problem with offering temporary refuge when needed

4) I don't see EU migrants contributing to my Muslim issue

5) I think Turkey is a red herring. Scaremongering

So, what's up?

Sorry if the quote from G&Ss HMS Pinafore confused. ?

Foreign banks making their move intentions clear to staff:

"The US bank Citigroup, which employs 9,000 people in the UK, has told staff it would have to move operations out of its hubs in London and Belfast in the event of Brexit. The announcement follows a warning last week by Citi’s rival JP Morgan that 4,000 jobs could be lost if the UK voted to leave the EU. Citi’s UK boss, James Bardrick, told staff in an email that a vote to sever links with Brussels would have implications for the business. “Ahead of the referendum, we have been carefully reviewing the situation and contingency planning around a number of areas, including our organisational footprint and where we book business,” he said".

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/08/citigroup-warns-staff-brexit-jobs-risk-eu-referendum-london-belfast

But they would say that wouldn't they, some will say. Indeed they would and everyone has been telling you they would, now they have!

Foreign banks making their move intentions clear to staff:

"The US bank Citigroup, which employs 9,000 people in the UK, has told staff it would have to move operations out of its hubs in London and Belfast in the event of Brexit. The announcement follows a warning last week by Citis rival JP Morgan that 4,000 jobs could be lost if the UK voted to leave the EU. Citis UK boss, James Bardrick, told staff in an email that a vote to sever links with Brussels would have implications for the business. Ahead of the referendum, we have been carefully reviewing the situation and contingency planning around a number of areas, including our organisational footprint and where we book business, he said".

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/08/citigroup-warns-staff-brexit-jobs-risk-eu-referendum-london-belfast

But they would say that wouldn't they, some will say. Indeed they would and everyone has been telling you they would, now they have!

So what? A few thousand top flight jobs in exchange for, er, oh yes, England being great again.

Seriously worrying.

The people supporting the remain side continue to promote the so called economic experts, even though throughout history they have been proven to be completely wrong.

Personally I prefare to listen to successfully business people,those who rely for their success on exporting manufactured products around the world,including I notice Thailand.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Here's the Guardian's take on Bamford

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/shortcuts/2015/may/18/why-lord-bamford-jcb-backing-eu-brexit-multi-millionaire

One would have thought he would have been pro EU having studied at Grenoble University. Maybe there's an ulterior motive. Can you guess? Or do I have to spell it out?

Artical loaded with personal attacks, very fair, It seem I am happy with not reading these papers who offer no news.

It was a satirical piece! Did you not understand that?

You also insinuate The Guardian provides no news? Do you want to be taken seriously or just scorned?

So is the Telegraph acceptable?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/08/margaret-thatchers-defence-secretary-sir-john-nott-suspends-tory/

Artical loaded with personal attacks, very fair, It seem I am happy with not reading these papers who offer no news.

You also insinuate The Guardian provides no news? Do you want to be taken seriously or just scorned?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/08/margaret-thatchers-defence-secretary-sir-john-nott-suspends-tory/

Check!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/09/dr-sarah-wollaston-defects-vote-leave-remain-campaign

The people supporting the remain side continue to promote the so called economic experts, even though throughout history they have been proven to be completely wrong.

Personally I prefare to listen to successfully business people,those who rely for their success on exporting manufactured products around the world,including I notice Thailand.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/shortcuts/2015/may/18/why-lord-bamford-jcb-backing-eu-brexit-multi-millionaire

One would have thought he would have been pro EU having studied at Grenoble University. Maybe there's an ulterior motive. Can you guess? Or do I have to spell it out?

The Torygraph is just fine. I enjoy the cryptic crossword

Nott nearly lost us the Falklands war with his navy cuts

He's with Lazards now?

NOT a safe pair of hands

image.jpeg image.jpeg

He's with Lazards now?

NOT a safe pair of hands

have to go to work now.

Some things are probabilities or estimates.

In this case it is a known fact and therefore at best a misleading statement to be kind but in fact a clear lie. You should have heard Redwood trying to defend it. Embarrassing. Made my sphincter twitch!

I think I saw the interview you are talking about (Redwood, I agree it was funny) the point of attack being money that left the UK for the EU, it seems someone said we pay the EU18 billion impliying that much leaves the UK, it seems our rebate is deducted before we pay so while the total bill is 18 billion, less actually leaves the UK to the EU, so not actually lies just posturing, just like the remain side does.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

He's with Lazards now?

NOT a safe pair of hands

Valid opinion though.

I see that John Major and Tony Blair have formed an unholy alliance, and are in Northern Ireland spreading alarm

and despondency and generally undermining the peace process with their inflammatory comments.

And "Slippery Bill" Clinton has also waded in. It seems that he is losing sleep over the possibility of Brexit and how

it will affect peace and prosperity in Northern Ireland! Self-serving Bill the liar, what do you think he expects to get

out of spouting this nonsense; a future Knighthood, or maybe support from the British side of the pond for his

equally disgusting wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton?

Personally, I wouldn't trust any one of these three former politicians, nor any of their pronouncements.

The Remain campaign are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now, to have these doubtful and dubious

spokesmen talking up the Remainian case.

I see that John Major and Tony Blair have formed an unholy alliance, and are in Northern Ireland spreading alarm

and despondency and generally undermining the peace process with their inflammatory comments.

And "Slippery Bill" Clinton has also waded in. It seems that he is losing sleep over the possibility of Brexit and how

it will affect peace and prosperity in Northern Ireland! Self-serving Bill the liar, what do you think he expects to get

out of spouting this nonsense; a future Knighthood, or maybe support from the British side of the pond for his

Personally, I wouldn't trust any one of these three former politicians, nor any of their pronouncements.

The Remain campaign are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now, to have these doubtful and dubious

Two past UK PM's representing circa fourteen years of UK government, one past US President representing circa 250 million people for eight years plus one future US President.

Doubtful and dubious characters! Right!!!

Two past UK PM's representing circa fourteen years of UK government, one past US President representing circa 250 million people for eight years plus one future US President.

Is that the best defence you can muster for the 3 gentlemen?

Tony Blair will be remembered for supporting GW Bush's actions in going into Iraq, using extremely suspect justifications (lies).

Look at the subsequent condition of the Iraq aftermath. The world is still picking up the pieces.

Clinton will be remembered for his womanising and the Monica Lewinsky scandal, his subsequent lies and deceit.

Are these good role models for you?

Tony Blair will be remembered for supporting GW Bush's actions in going into Iraq, using extremely suspect justifications (lies).

Look at the subsequent condition of the Iraq aftermath. The world is still picking up the pieces.

Clinton will be remembered for his womanising and the Monica Lewinsky scandal, his subsequent lies and deceit.

Who's looking for a role model! People are looking to the likes of them for their input, their views, their experience of global affairs, their ability to understand context, they didn't get voted into their respective offices and they didn't re-elected and returned to those office for any lack of talent or ability. And if people can only remember Bill Clinton for the Lewinsky incident they probably have never heard of a balanced Federal budget nor the success of the Northern Ireland peace process. Ask yourself this, if you wanted to get as near expert views on the implications of the EU vote and all it entails, who would you rather hear from Bill Clinton or some swashbuckling romanticist on a social networking forum in Asia who doesn't even understand what a budget, deficit or gross domestic product is!

Concerning Bill, I'm reminded of Mel Brookes History of the world part II quote: " it's good to be the King"! Now call me amoral, but if I was in that position and a pretty intern offered some gentle relaxation? Ok, I'm amoral, you win!

Tony obviously got it wrong over Iraq. But was he misled by American Neocons like Bush and Cheney?

John Major? Dull but honourable.

Do you respect anybody? Farage maybe?

Who's looking for a role model! People are looking to the likes of them for their input, their views, their experience of global affairs, their ability to understand context, they didn't get voted into their respective offices and they didn't re-elected and returned to those office for any lack of talent or ability. And if people can only remember Bill Clinton for the Lewinsky incident they probably have never heard of a balanced Federal budget nor the success of the Northern Ireland peace process. Ask yourself this, if you wanted to get as near expert views on the implications of the EU vote and all it entails, who would you rather hear from Bill Clinton or some swashbuckling romanticist on a social networking forum in Asia who doesn't even understand what a budget, deficit or gross domestic product is!

I find it hard to belive anyone would defend these three (stuck for words here), two of them are dishonest, and should not be given any recognition the third while trying to do his best is at best incompetent, the three of them hold their hands up and say "but we didn't do anything wrong" they should be investigated and held accountable for their deeds.

Sent to coventry by the nation

IMO

If we vote out where would the pound end up against the baht?, that concerns me more than saving a few millions or keeping a few illegal immigrants out

Don't worry about it. According to those who wish to give up their soverenty and remain in this inefficient and corrupt Union. The day after the UK gains it's independence, the 3rd world war will start,resulting in Armageddon. In other words don't believe all the scare stories.

Regarding your point on a Few illegal immigrants. Most of the immigrants are in fact legal,having the right to abode in the UK due to the EU 's open border policy. Two years ago Nigel Farage was criticized for expressing an opinion that hundreds of thousands of Romanians would enter the UK and take jobs from the lower paid. His critics said the figure would maybe 30,000. How many have actually entered the UK. 240,000.

Archived