Green Light at Last for the Pattaya Ferry Port

Rimmer

Green Light at Last for the Pattaya Ferry Port

fp.jpg

PATTAYA:--Transport Minister Prajin Juntong has today issued instructions for the Harbour Department to develop the Gulf of Thailand Ferry Project linking the East and West Coasts with the upper Gulf of Thailand at Bangkok.

Prajin said that this week the Harbor Department will hire a private company to study and design the piers and select the best sites for the service. The locations are expected to be at Pattaya and Puektian Beach in Petchaburi, (servicing Cha-am and Hua Hin) and Bang Pu (K-City) in the Samut Prakarn area will probably link Bangkok.

The SEP Group (Siam Eastern Industrial Park Co.), who have promised to invest four million baht, will run the service and the three terminals. The company claims that fifteen billion baht needs to be invested to complete the operation.

Read more:--http://pattayaone.net/world-news/224799/green-light-last-pattaya-ferry-port/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-02

Prajin said that this week the Harbor Department will hire a private company to study and design the piers and select the best sites for the service.

So I needn't hold my breath waiting for the service to start then.

from OP:

Prajin said that this week the Harbor Department will hire a private company to study and design the piers and select the best sites for the service. The locations are expected to be at Pattaya and Puektian Beach in Petchaburi...

This just keeps getting better. First: Pranburi. Now Puektian Beach, which is over 40km from central Hua Hin.

Can't really see why many people would use it. 3000 Bt for a car? I live in Pattaya and can drive to HH in 4-5 hours and for less than 1000Bt in fuel, so I sure wouldn't pay 3000Bt to get over there. Likewise 1000Bt per person. You can take a bus from Pattaya to BKK then a train to HH for approx 500Bt total. So why pay 1000Bt just to get to Puektian Beach, then you have to fork out more to get into HH.

If they want to succeed , the ferry ticket should not be priced higher than 800 baht , same as a bus ticket. Or the local Thais can not afford it and it will only end up as an exclusive ferry line for tourists .

Think its a great idea

Every time i have been on boats with the locals.

First thing they do is stuff there faces. ( don't listen to stupid farang man )

Second thing they do 30 minutes latter is puke up all over the place.

Third thing is to complain about ( i mao i mao ) until they get to dry land.

Fantastic idea, i love the idea of boat trips across the gulf or round the edge

100% entertainment value guaranteed thumbsup.gif

Can't really see why many people would use it. 3000 Bt for a car? I live in Pattaya and can drive to HH in 4-5 hours and for less than 1000Bt in fuel, so I sure wouldn't pay 3000Bt to get over there. Likewise 1000Bt per person. You can take a bus from Pattaya to BKK then a train to HH for approx 500Bt total. So why pay 1000Bt just to get to Puektian Beach, then you have to fork out more to get into HH.

I'd gladly pay 3,000 baht to avoid a 4-6 hour white knuckle drive and end up with my pickup at my disposal when I arrive at my destination- along with the kayaks and SUP on top, and the MTB's (or scooter) and outboard motor in the pickup bed- which are not even remotely possible by train or bus (or even with the new enforcement on the motorway recently- nothing allowed up top).

I'd start traveling on weekends again. Sadly, I'll be long gone before it's implemented.

Archived