Start a mixed farm in Isaan

How did you train your chickens to weigh themselves?

All joking aside, I'm glad things are turning out good for you. Thanks again for updating and keeping us informed. I'm always glad to see new pics and posts. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, loong said:

Mr Kie,

where are you?

I really enjoyed reading your posts and now nothing for 2 months.

I am sure that I am not the only one that would like to see you posting regularly again.

Me too!

• Like 1

I, too, am missing your posts.  I hope the reason is that you've been too busy with the hands-on work and haven't had time to play on-line.  (If you've moved your entire project reporting to Fakebook then I, for one, will not be able to follow your progress.)

Not only your success but I would also like to hear about your failures or results that didn't turn out as planned.  By also posting those you may not only receive some actual advice on how to fix/avoid but you will also be advising some of us in errors that we may be on the way to making, ourselves.

As far as detractors are concerned, we can all help Mr. Kie out by using the 'Report' button on posts that are not offering any practical advice.

Edited by Stray
Added mention of Fakebook.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2559 at 2:22 PM, Stray said:

I, too, am missing your posts.  I hope the reason is that you've been too busy with the hands-on work and haven't had time to play on-line.  (If you've moved your entire project reporting to Fakebook then I, for one, will not be able to follow your progress.)

Not only your success but I would also like to hear about your failures or results that didn't turn out as planned.  By also posting those you may not only receive some actual advice on how to fix/avoid but you will also be advising some of us in errors that we may be on the way to making, ourselves.

As far as detractors are concerned, we can all help Mr. Kie out by using the 'Report' button on posts that are not offering any practical advice.

i'm still working on this project, everything going well, i spent almost 80000 Baht now while starting earning some revenue roughly 4000 Baht a month. this is from selling the egg. we spent less for food because we do have all things except seasoning. i would say we reduce the daily food cost up to 80%.  next month will have more chicks to be layers within next four months. 

• Like 1

we still keep planting more on what we can sell and grow better in such circumstances. seems like having more layer and grow more mushroom would the best, it generate every day income and follow by bamboo. mulberry is also doing well and banana too just take a bit longer than other crops.  

IMG_5353.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

• Like 2

nothing better than having coconut water right from the tree, decorated with orchid flower which is also available in the farm and using rice straw instead of using a plastic one. Banana was just first harvested and more will come. 

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:18 PM, Mr Kie said:

we still keep planting more on what we can sell and grow better in such circumstances. seems like having more layer and grow more mushroom would the best, it generate every day income and follow by bamboo. mulberry is also doing well and banana too just take a bit longer than other crops.  

<Cut photos from original post to reduce size of reply post>

Seems that you are using temporary housing for the chickens.  Is this correct?  Good idea for clearing and conditioning land.  When the chickens have cleared out one section, move them to the next.

Was also reading about a company (not in Thailand) that rents out goats, for the same purpose.  The company erects temporary fencing and installs water and supplemental feed bins then runs an herd of goats on the land until the undergrowth has been cleared.

Welcome back, Mr Kie.

Edited by Stray

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2559 at 0:19 PM, Stray said:

Seems that you are using temporary housing for the chickens.  Is this correct?  Good idea for clearing and conditioning land.  When the chickens have cleared out one section, move them to the next.

Was also reading about a company (not in Thailand) that rents out goats, for the same purpose.  The company erects temporary fencing and installs water and supplemental feed bins then runs an herd of goats on the land until the undergrowth has been cleared.

Welcome back, Mr Kie.

nope...that's just extention area for the birds to go out only during the daytime, at night they will be kept in the barn. we don't have much land for rotation. i'm doing this just for good welfare of the animal, and the production will be last longer and animal willl be healthier.

• Like 1

Anyone interesting in farming pigeons for squab meat?  I have a few surplus birds free to good home.  They the white utility king pigeons X white homing pigeon.  Also have a few fancy crested pigeons (nice as pets).

I am in Chiang Mai, San Sai area. 

Also anyone know where I can get some guinea fowl, geese or Pekin ducks?