Brit found dead in Chiang Mai hotel with plastic bag over his head, inquest hears

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Police said that a search of the room showed 'nothing unusual.'

- except for the dead body of course.

RIP good sir - who knows what demons plagued you.

obviusly this was DR Who, he transported to Thailand during his death in London, where he was living at the time of his death.

Was a strange phone booth found outside?

Joke all you like until it happens to you. Some shameful people troll these forums.

Pot kettle black. its beyond evil wishing this death on someone else . Should I die for my comment?

Joking is how I deal with grief..Its just the way I roll. Happen to me? unlikely I have an upscale condo in Bangkok and no money worries so nah. How bout you?

Looks like i am on borrowed time if thats the yardstick

I don't get it. He arrived in November and only now, six months later, he was found?

No. All investigations have been completed, including toxicology tests, and the victim's body returned to the UK.

The assistant coroner in Bristol has returned a narrative verdict that Mr Harris killed himself. End of, unless some further contradictory evidence is uncovered in the future.

I see a serious lack of comprehension skills among quite a few posters

What's difficult to understand about 'living in London, but holidaying in Thailand at the time of his death'? No moving of bodies required, no conspiracies. Please read the OP slowly before posting.

I don't get it. He arrived in November and only now, six months later, he was found?

You don't know his story, you weren't walking in his shoes, it's not even worth speculating about.

He made his decision, it obviously worked for him as it does for many others.

He may have had a six month ball before checking out.

I read it's a peaceful way to go if done correctly.

Suicide or one of those weird Tory Party-style sex things

Nah mate, just wait for all the idiot knowalls why will state categorically that the cops did it, or girlfriend.

Of course if woz Thai Gf/Lb. ?

No it was Colonel Mustard. The butler and librarian were having a threesome with the gf.

I do wish that posters would just think, for a minute, that family and relatives could easily be reading this drivel--please try to be a little respectful--I really don't see the need for comedy in a Topic like this.

Not easy to commit suicide with a plastic bag, I would suggest he was helped. As for the room being locked from the inside if it's like most rooms you only need to press in the button on the lock and close the door (Hey presto locked from the inside) then post the Do Not Disturb sign.

You don't know his story, you weren't walking in his shoes, it's not even worth speculating about.

There are definitely worse ways to go but it's not quite a painless way to go out. During the first few minutes when you begin recycling the carbon dioxide into your lungs; it would be quite painful (though admittedly if you're unconscious through booze and/or pills - you might not notice). Our lungs are programmed to panic if the levels of carbon dioxide get too high in them and they do that through the transmission of pain.

I see a serious lack of comprehension skills among quite a few posters

What's difficult to understand about 'living in London, but holidaying in Thailand at the time of his death'? No moving of bodies required, no conspiracies. Please read the OP slowly before posting.

Putting something into a sequence of events is quite high up on Bloom's taxonomy. Sadly many posters on Thai Visa do not seem to have achieved this level.

I suspect they do not click on a link- just in case there is more than a paragraph to read and comprehend - oh no!

This seems a quite straight forward case of suicide - It's always very sad, also that he was estranged from his family and Mum.

There are definitely worse ways to go but it's not quite a painless way to go out. During the first few minutes when you begin recycling the carbon dioxide into your lungs; it would be quite painful (though admittedly if you're unconscious through booze and/or pills - you might not notice). Our lungs are programmed to panic if the levels of carbon dioxide get too high in them and they do that through the transmission of pain.

Thank you Dr--------coffee1.gif

The writers are trying to bring you the news. The fact that it is not "perfect" English does not mean shit.

Try reading between the lines, you will be a lot happier in Thailand if you do

...and any snide comment should be directed to the standard of British journalistic prose, since the quote is from the Bristol Post article in the link.

This case stinks to high heaven.

A post mortem examination could not establish the cause of death due to the decomposed state of the body. What in under 3 days? He was last seen on the 23rd and discovered on the 26th and if he had 2 bottles of vodka in his blood, all that alcohol would have preserved the body longer. His room was locked from the inside. So what. When hotel rooms are shut from the outside they can be automatically locked, no need for a key unless entering a locked room from the outside. The body was found with a plastic bag over it`s head. It is natural instinct that if suffering a painful death by asphyxiation is to fight whatever is causing the asphyxiation unless held down by force or movements are restricted by something.

I`m no Sherlock Holmes but it doesn`t take rocket science to work this one out.

I can understand why a lot of the posters are confused. they did not read the op properly and this is the first time I have read any follow up on a tragic event

What's so hard to understand? It was all there, every last detail, in the OP. Jeez.

To answer some silly Questions; no suicide notd because there was no pen or pencil in the room.tissue papers ?yes...no finger prints? because police forgot to lift them...do not disturb sign? Was indeed left outside the door by....oh YES, his Thai gf of course.Police and inquest did not check cctv because it will no longer be considered as another suicide case by another farang nutter from the west country but living in london at the time of the murder..ops..at the time of the suicide which happened at a CNX otel?

I'm not understanding the dates. The story seems to be from last November, 2015, in that it states he was found on November 26. Then it says the autopsy could not establish a cause due to the decomposed body. But elsewhere in the article it states he was last seen on November 23, just three days before being found dead. Is that time enough for a body to decompose so much that an autopsy cannot establish cause?

And then most of all, why is this story coming out now almost 7 months later? Or are the dates wrong and this happened in May?

Archived