Python fights King Cobra in Krabi temple but monks split them up!

webfact

Python fights King Cobra in Krabi temple but monks split them up!

s2s.jpg
Image: Thairath

KRABI: -- A four metre long king cobra and a python of similar size fought a fight to the death in a southern forest temple. But monks managed to split them up and release them back into the wilds.

A video clip was recorded by the monks at the temple of Wat Tham Khanom Kho, Krabi, where some 15 men in robes and novices live in the woods by a cave.

The two snakes are reckoned to have come in looking for chickens that are reared in the grounds of the temple.

The two monsters became entangled and the King Cobra suffered a head wound before the monks managed to prise them apart. The King Cobra was released into the cave and the python into the woods as both lived to fight another day.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-03

That Python is lucky, Cobra's are deadly burp.gif

A King Cobra only eats other snakes.( mostly other cobras) If she (females are normally the large ones) wasn't there looking for the python then there are other cobras in the area that she is hunting

Python would have been looking to eat the chickens. King Cobra would have been wanting to eat the python. King Cobras eat snakes, but nice to see they were released unharmed.

Absolutely correct, the king Cobra's scientific name is 'Ophiophagus Hanna', and Ophiophagus is derived from Greek meaning 'Snake Eater'.

However, you have to accept that the level of research by Thai news sources is somewhere between low to none existent, I have even read news reports of Anacondas which are native to South America being caught in Thailand, even though the accompanying pictures showed a Reticulation Python.

A King Cobra only eats other snakes.( mostly other cobras) If she (females are normally the large ones) wasn't there looking for the python then there are other cobras in the area that she is hunting

Actually, King Cobra males are much larger than females.

Python would have been looking to eat the chickens. King Cobra would have been wanting to eat the python. King Cobras eat snakes, but nice to see they were released unharmed.

Absolutely correct, the king Cobra's scientific name is 'Ophiophagus Hanna', and Ophiophagus is derived from Greek meaning 'Snake Eater'.

However, you have to accept that the level of research by Thai news sources is somewhere between low to none existent, I have even read news reports of Anacondas which are native to South America being caught in Thailand, even though the accompanying pictures showed a Reticulation Python.

There are a lot of Anacondas in Thailand (seriously!) I know quite a few people who own and breed them. Very possible that some have escaped.

There are a lot of Anacondas in Thailand (seriously!) I know quite a few people who own and breed them. Very possible that some have escaped.

Can agree with that but the news story that I read showed the snake catchers with what was clearly a Reticulating Python.

The link is here http://www.pattayamail.com/763/news.shtml#hd2 but as the story is now so old, the picture has been removed.

Just like the Black mambas that escaped a couple of years ago.....! I didn't know there were anacondas in Thailand although in private collections ?!?!?

thx for the info !

Regards.

She must then be a Queen Cobra ?

Archived