Nationalist Monks in Myanmar Open School to Teach Children to ‘Protect Race and Religion’

webfact

Nationalist Monks Open School to Teach Children to ‘Protect Race and Religion’
By Htet Khaung Linn
Myanmar Now

14649270111464927095l.jpg
Students at a Yangon school founded by nationalist Buddhist monks began their class by singing Myanmar's national anthem on Wednesday. Photo: Mahaw Thadar High School

YANGON — Buddhist monks of the nationalist Ma Ba Tha movement have opened a private high school on the outskirts of Yangon this week, where they said they will provide free education for children and teach them to “protect race and religion” of Myanmar.

Mahaw Thadar High School in Hlegu Township has enrolled around 150 children for Grade 9 and will accept more students for Grades 10 and 11 next year, said Ashin Panya Vara, the monk who founded the school.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1464927011

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-06-03

Expect such schools appearing in Thailand soon, I think that the Thai society is progressively getting ready for this.

With probably much applause from the usual crowd of TV members who see muslims with knives in their mouths everywhere and see Thailand as the last haven against a muslim-invaded west.

Except that in Thailand, such schools would also (if not more) aim at "protecting" the Thai youth from the evil western influence.

So nice to see that Christian nut cases in US not only ones who have delusional ideas about their religion and race being "under attack". Considering treatment of Muslim Rohingya is classed as "open air prison camps" with very limited access to basics like food.... maybe they ought to be under attack?

Great news for Myanmar , should come Thailand too ( and Laos & Cambodia) . Time to preserve their identity , culture even if it is by religion means.

The muslims have conquered Malaysia , Bangladesh , Indonesia , parts of India , Maldives , parts of the Philipines . And that is just in SE Asia.

Great news for Myanmar , should come Thailand too ( and Laos & Cambodia) . Time to preserve their identity , culture even if it is by religion means.

The muslims have conquered Malaysia , Bangladesh , Indonesia , parts of India , Maldives , parts of the Philipines . And that is just in SE Asia.

Yes, Thailand needs to protect itself against those who are not of the Thai "race", who are not Buddhist, those who are foreigners, who are not of Thai culture and identity.

Erm, that's you isn't it?

Yes, Thailand needs to protect itself against those who are not of the Thai "race", who are not Buddhist, those who are foreigners, who are not of Thai culture and identity.

No problem ! When I'm not longer welcome , I'm outta here.

Besides , I am not a threat to Thai culture , religion or race , I'm not polluting their gene pool with mine.

Extremists are the same regardless of creed. Muslims villagers have already been burnt to death in Myanmar by Buddhists. Muslims have already been murdered by Hindus in India. Anyone can verify this with a simple google search. We know there are people on TV who celebrate when Muslims are killed. We know there are people from our cultures who would happily murder Muslims as indiscriminately as the terrorists murder us. The only difference between our fanatics and theirs is that ours haven't been empowered yet. Human history is a parade of atrocity and its only a matter of chance who is the victim and who is the perpetrator at any given time. We are not intrinsically better than them. We retain the moral high ground only to the extent that we can suppress our violent, hateful instincts.

And Sweden and soon to conquer the rest of Europe.

And get paid for doing so.

Extremists are the same regardless of creed. Muslims villagers have already been burnt to death in Myanmar by Buddhists. Muslims have already been murdered by Hindus in India. Anyone can verify this with a simple google search. We know there are people on TV who celebrate when Muslims are killed. We know there are people from our cultures who would happily murder Muslims as indiscriminately as the terrorists murder us. The only difference between our fanatics and theirs is that ours haven't been empowered yet. Human history is a parade of atrocity and its only a matter of chance who is the victim and who is the perpetrator at any given time. We are not intrinsically better than them. We retain the moral high ground only to the extent that we can suppress our violent, hateful instincts.

The opposite of what you say has been FAR more common and can also be verified with a simple google search. Muslims torturing and killing Buddhists in Myanmar (in Rakhine state, Meiktila and Lashio amongst others) - which caused mobs to attack Muslims and slay them in an eye for an eye move. But only after they were attacked first.

Many more Hindus have been attacked by Muslims in India over the years than the other way round.

A Hindu priest was killed in Bangladesh just yesterday, as well as numerous atheist bloggers. Over the years Muslims there have tortured, raped, killed and driven out minority Jumma (a Mongoloid race of people who are generally Buddhist, Christian or Animist and look more like Burmese people than Bengalis) across the border to India from their native Chittagong hill tracts. This has been ongoing since at least the 1970s.

Extremists do indeed come in all creeds, colors and religions, but generally speaking, there has been far more Muslim on non-Muslim violence than the other way round.

Just pointing out some facts here that's all.

No problem ! When I'm not longer welcome , I'm outta here.

Besides , I am not a threat to Thai culture , religion or race , I'm not polluting their gene pool with mine.

​Small numbers of foreigners are generally rarely a threat to the identity of a sovereign nation state. As long as Thailand keeps it's identity the way it is, there's no reason why a westerner having a child with a Thai national would "pollute" their gene pool. Usually these mixed race children end up marrying other ethnic Thais/Chinese-Thais and having children together, though not on a large enough scale to be noticeable.

Thailand is not as homogeneous as you might think anyway, plenty of Chinese genes have mixed with Thai, Lao, Phuan, Viet, Mon, Khmer, Malay and other ethnic groups living in Thailand and so too have some Arab genes, which explains, I think, the deeper set eyes and relatively larger noses of some ethnic Malay Muslims in the south (just some not most). There are even some Portuguese genes mixed in amongst native Thais and Chinese-Thais but is largely unnoticeable.

Archived