BREAKING: Thugs who brutally attacked British family in Hua Hin jailed for 2 years

Thugs who brutally attacked British family in Hua Hin jailed for 2 years

post-137452-0-95135100-1465035623_thumb.

HUA HIN:-- A gang of Thai thugs who carried out a brutal attack on a family of British tourists have each been jailed for two years.

The attack, which took place during the Songkran festival on April 13, was captured on CCTV and made headlines around the world .

Footage of the incident showed elderly British couple Rosemary Owen, 65, her husband Lewis, 68, and their son also called Lewis,43, being beaten unconscious after becoming involved in an argument with the group of men while out celebrating Thai new year.

The family were beaten to the ground and repeatedly kicked and stamped on before a defenceless Mrs Owen was kicked straight in the jaw as she tried to get up off the floor.

All the victims required hospital treatment, with Mrs Owen the most seriously injured requiring several operations to deal with swelling on her brain.

post-249866-0-75229200-1462190326_thumb.

Rosemary Owen lying in hospital and being presented with flowers by officials from TAT after she was attacked and beaten unconscious in Hua Hin in April.

In the days after the attack, Hua Hin police quickly identified and arrested two of the attackers, with the two remaining suspects arrested after footage of the incident appeared online after it was allegedly leaked to a local Hua Hin based Thai news outlet.

Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn, a Hua Hin based journalist for Daily News, today wrote on his Facebook page that the four men who admitted carrying out the attack, Siwa (Neng) Noksri, Chaya (Boy) Jaibun, Supatta (Mong) Baithong and Yingyai (M) Saengkhamin, have been sentenced to 2 years in jail, without the possibility of parole.

Following the attack, a spokesperson for TAT was reported as saying: "The Tourism Authority of Thailand would like to express our deepest sorrow to the family who were subjected to the assault in Hua Hin during the Songkran celebrations. We hope that you recover from your injuries and make a swift and full recovery.

"TAT would like to assure international travellers that this was an isolated incident, not targeted on any group of foreign tourists in particular. The situation was exacerbated by alcohol."
Meanwhile, the Owen's, who have since returned to the UK vowed they would never return to Thailand.

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-04

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lived on Koh Phangan for 5 years and saw this a dozen times; Thai men/boys always attack in groups, it's like they never heard of a one-one-one deal or they are too wimpy to engage someone on their own.

Once the punches and feet start flying their spineless buddies start in and it becomes mob rule, usually 4 or 5 or more guys against one hapless, usually drunk farang.

The name for a female cat comes to mind, I hope these clowns get a taste of their own medicine in the monkey house.

"TAT would like to assure international travellers that this was an isolated incident,

There are lies, lies and damn lies.

One has only to search this forum to discover that it is NOT an isolated incident.

I was talking to my sister a relative of her husband a retired RCMP and his wife are selling everything and want to move to either Thailand or Vietnam I suggested Vietnam and told them all I know about how Thailand is going downhill and backwards faster than a run away train.Had a friend and his wife visit 4 years ago ask about coming back to see again I also told him do not come here go to Vietnam.I told both parties do not waste your time in Thailand it is a shiit hole now.

Meanwhile, the Owen's, who have since returned to the UK vowed they would never return to Thailand.

Were they not reported to announce officially they would come back to Thailand?

Yes that quote by Thai authorities makes me wonder if maybe this report the thugs got time is real or make believe also. Who knows it could just be for the news and the guys are walking around free.

I was talking to my sister a relative of her husband a retired RCMP and his wife are selling everything and want to move to either Thailand or Vietnam I suggested Vietnam and told them all I know about how Thailand is going downhill and backwards faster than a run away train.Had a friend and his wife visit 4 years ago ask about coming back to see again I also told him do not come here go to Vietnam.I told both parties do not waste your time in Thailand it is a shiit hole now.

T.A.T. will be devastated when they hear this news, making a huge dent in Thai tourism.

T.A.T. will be devastated when they hear this news, making a huge dent in Thai tourism.

Also full of sarcastic twits everywhere

Isolated incident...REALLY... do they(TAT) think that the rest of the world does not read about all the other people that were attacked in the past??? What about the two young British that were murdered? Do they really think the rest of the world is that uninformed? Good Grief..

I lived on Koh Phangan for 5 years and saw this a dozen times; Thai men/boys always attack in groups, it's like they never heard of a one-one-one deal or they are too wimpy to engage someone on their own.

Once the punches and feet start flying their spineless buddies start in and it becomes mob rule, usually 4 or 5 or more guys against one hapless, usually drunk farang.

The name for a female cat comes to mind, I hope these clowns get a taste of their own medicine in the monkey house.

Yeah you're correct, back home our juvenile delinquents always fight to the Queensberry rules.

Yeah you're correct, back home our juvenile delinquents always fight to the Queensberry rules.

Any town centre on a Friday or Sat night in the UK, fighting (M&F), kicking in the face etc, is all part of 'a good night out'.

because most are cowards and either fight in groups or use a knife or gun.Two years?pathetic sentence considering the fact they won't do 2 years

Tend to agree with you lovelomsak, that's why I left Thailand after being there for over seven years..... But the question has to be asked, where are you now ? Have you followed your own publicly noted advice ?

Watch them get a pardon after 6 months.

Another expert on the Thai justice system (not).
don't need to be an expert.They won't do 2 years. .Got It

You do not know what you are talking about.

Why should they not do 2 years ?

Any decision on early release is dependent on certain criteria, like good behaviour.

Got it ?

Archived