BREAKING: Thugs who brutally attacked British family in Hua Hin jailed for 2 years

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sentence seems fairly appropriate, although the convicted should also pay for the medical expenses of the victims...I know...never will happen...

The sentence was meted out rather quickly...of course, this begs the question as to why other obviously guilty parties cannot be sentenced in a timely manner...life is so cheap here, Thai or farang...

Watch them get a pardon after 6 months.

Usually it is best to remain quiet and be thought of as a "fool" than to speak out and remove all doubt ..................

is it foolish to speak a truth ? you buckaroo need to come to terms with facts . the past always tells the future .

Waiting for the '500 baht, and a slap on the wrist' brigade, to eat their words.

They only got sentenced coz of the worldwide media coverage, and TAT worrying bout their tourist figures. Look at all the other cases that just disappear after the initial arrest.

Waiting for the '500 baht, and a slap on the wrist' brigade, to eat their words.

They only got sentenced coz of the worldwide media coverage, and TAT worrying bout their tourist figures. Look at all the other cases that just disappear after the initial arrest.

Disappear ? Or just not reported on your daily source of information, Thaivisa.

I haven't bothered to check the Thai meida but if there are no mentions of this in Thai then that doesn't surprise me, most Thais would consider this 2 year sentence unjustly harsh just for belting a couple of farang, after all they didn't kill the farang, so what's the fuss all about? The farang were acting uppity and behaved disrespectful to wonderful Thai men, so they got a thrashing. I mean that's what you do with disrespectful farang isn't it?

As for these scumsuckers getting beatings in prison. Just who is going to beat them up and why? Their fellow Thais sure as hell won't harbor any ill feeling towards them just for clobbering a couple of farang. And the farang in the same prison are not going to risk their lives by beating up Thai inmates. No. It'll be pats on the back all round for these lowlife bottom feeders.

I haven't bothered to check the Thai meida but if there are no mentions of this in Thai then that doesn't surprise me, most Thais would consider this 2 year sentence unjustly harsh just for belting a couple of farang, after all they didn't kill the farang, so what's the fuss all about? The farang were acting uppity and behaved disrespectful to wonderful Thai men, so they got a thrashing. I mean that's what you do with disrespectful farang isn't it?

As for these scumsuckers getting beatings in prison. Just who is going to beat them up and why? Their fellow Thais sure as hell won't harbor any ill feeling towards them just for clobbering a couple of farang. And the farang in the same prison are not going to risk their lives by beating up Thai inmates. No. It'll be pats on the back all round for these lowlife bottom feeders.

No Thai with any knowledge would see the sentence as 'unjustly harsh'.

People get more time for things like shoplifting.

I was talking to my sister a relative of her husband a retired RCMP and his wife are selling everything and want to move to either Thailand or Vietnam I suggested Vietnam and told them all I know about how Thailand is going downhill and backwards faster than a run away train.Had a friend and his wife visit 4 years ago ask about coming back to see again I also told him do not come here go to Vietnam.I told both parties do not waste your time in Thailand it is a shiit hole now.

You must be living in a shiit hole like Pattaya, or you associate with the wrong type of people. For most of us, Thailand is still a wonderful and friendly place to live

Pattaya is a lovely place, the City of Love. Beautiful golden sands. Lots of fun and happy people.

Have to disagree with the Vietnam suggestion. If three thugs went in slapping, pushing and punching a group of Vietnamese in a drunken party crowd I wouldn't be surprised if they were stabbed or at least bottled.

I also disagree that the Thais needed to outnumber the farangs to win this fight. This is another often repeated myth like the 500 baht fin and the slap on the wrist.

One Thai bloke had knocked out the dad who hit him and the bumbling son who came at hm all by himself. By the time the kicker came in it was all but over. Plus not let's forget the other taller farang who was involved who viciously threw the little Thai girl to the ground that was only trying to stop the fight.

So four farangs all up and who started it. All weighed much more than the four smaller framed Thais who won the fight that theybdidnt start.

IMO the bloke who kicked Granny when she was down should have got a harsher sentence than the others.

I wouldn't advise the Owens to go to Vietnam, the will end up dead if they behave like that over there. Thais fight with their feet, Viets fight with weapons.

This is a start in the right direction. Now....

What about the cab driver, Chidchai Utmacha, who hacked Roy Pilkington to death in Bangkok 3 years ago with a machete? Video

Cabbie contends Pilkington threw a coffee in his face after failing to pay the fare of 50 THB or so. Of course, that warrants murder. And of course, the truck driver who recently kill a motorcyclist in a tunnel in BKK said the motorcyclist fell in the path of his truck -- CCTV shows something totally different.

Where is Chidchai Utmacha now???

Thais can kill each other until the cows come home - but violence against foreigners needs to stop - Now.

And how are you going to verify the sentence, no less the attackers actually serving the sentence? You, farang, can not. I see what the farang newspapers say, but I don't know what is true and for real. The kid who kicked Rose Owens in the head while she was down 'looked' under-aged. If he was a teenager, I seriously doubt he is in jail for two years because Thai youth are 'blameless victim of their own violence'.

Ten days at a Wat as a junior monk would solve every violent teenager's problems, regardless of who they killed or injured.

I lived on Koh Phangan for 5 years and saw this a dozen times; Thai men/boys always attack in groups, it's like they never heard of a one-one-one deal or they are too wimpy to engage someone on their own.

Once the punches and feet start flying their spineless buddies start in and it becomes mob rule, usually 4 or 5 or more guys against one hapless, usually drunk farang.

The name for a female cat comes to mind, I hope these clowns get a taste of their own medicine in the monkey house.

Yeah you're correct, back home our juvenile delinquents always fight to the Queensberry rules.

Especially when they are beating up old age pensioners..............coffee1.gif

Were they really on the old age pension?

Or did you just throw that phrase in for effect?

If welfare recipients can afford yearly overseas holidays courtesy of the taxpayer then I think I maybe then they are receiving too much.

I was talking to my sister a relative of her husband a retired RCMP and his wife are selling everything and want to move to either Thailand or Vietnam I suggested Vietnam and told them all I know about how Thailand is going downhill and backwards faster than a run away train.Had a friend and his wife visit 4 years ago ask about coming back to see again I also told him do not come here go to Vietnam.I told both parties do not waste your time in Thailand it is a shiit hole now.

T.A.T. will be devastated when they hear this news, making a huge dent in Thai tourism.

Also full of sarcastic twits everywhere

Not to mention the hyperbolic Thai bashing foreign numbties who ain't got a good word for Thais and Thailand but are pleased to get their yearly extensions of stay.

Should piss off back to their home country and see what a paradise that is these days.

And how are you going to verify the sentence, no less the attackers actually serving the sentence? You, farang, can not. I see what the farang newspapers say, but I don't know what is true and for real. The kid who kicked Rose Owens in the head while she was down 'looked' under-aged. If he was a teenager, I seriously doubt he is in jail for two years.

Excuse my ignorance on Thai law, but I was not aware that 'looking' younger was a form of defence, enabling people to avoid being incarcerated.

I have been coming here 30 years.........NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

It's just getting more media coverage, 10 years ago....nobdy was videoing, twitter, instagram...etc..As they are now.

20 years ago there were beatings that nobody heard of.

This Hua Hin incident took 2 WEEKS TO GET OUT, THE COPS TRIED TO BRUSH IT ASIDE.......JUS SAYIN.

Notice that nobody attempted to help whist is was happening Thai just standing there watching......Cowards.

As for Thai, Drink and Song Gran........It's a recipe for violence.

No Brainers!

Go on YouTube and watch a selection of street fights and vicious attacks around the globe. Aussie, Britain, US, South America, Asia. Don't ever see many helping to stop them - regardless of how many fighting, 1 on 1 or not, women involved or whatever.

Only people who get involved are police.

"TAT would like to assure international travellers that this was an isolated incident, not targeted on any group of foreign tourists in particular."

Sure, of course. ermm.gif

beatdeadhorse.gif

Notice that nobody attempted to help whist is was happening Thai just standing there watching......Cowards.

No Brainers!

Sentence 1 - Agreed.

Sentence 2 - Before you criticise something - learn to spell it! (English 1? - bad choice!)

Sentence 3 - Contributes nothing.

"TAT would like to assure international travellers that this was an isolated incident,

There are lies, lies and damn lies.

One has only to search this forum to discover that it is NOT an isolated incident.

It was an isolated incident!

How many times does a stupid family of three, go around and starting fights with drunk Thais?

One!

I lived on Koh Phangan for 5 years and saw this a dozen times; Thai men/boys always attack in groups, it's like they never heard of a one-one-one deal or they are too wimpy to engage someone on their own.

Once the punches and feet start flying their spineless buddies start in and it becomes mob rule, usually 4 or 5 or more guys against one hapless, usually drunk farang.

The name for a female cat comes to mind, I hope these clowns get a taste of their own medicine in the monkey house.

Yeah you're correct, back home our juvenile delinquents always fight to the Queensberry rules.

LOL.

Queensberry ... who by the way proved himself to be a ruthless, vicious and retarded brute in the trials of Oscar Wilde, with whom his son was having an affair.

That his boxing rules are still now considered the epitome of 'British fair play' is a world of irony, and highly revealing of how our Western societies function on hypocrisy and pretence when it comes to ethics.

No Brainers!

Sentence 1 - Agreed.

Sentence 2 - Before you criticise something - learn to spell it! (English 1? - bad choice!)

Sentence 3 - Contributes nothing.

Bad choice of reply ........criticise is spelled that way in real English....rolleyes.gif

Your point being?

No Brainers!

Wrong.

The Owens started pushing,slapping and throwing punches and Thai people did step in.

A good sentence.

If it had been in the UK they would be doing 200 hours community service!

Well done Thailand.

Why not back up this claim with some facts. Cases of attempted murder on old ladies, usually get 10 years in the UK.

Archived