BREAKING: Thugs who brutally attacked British family in Hua Hin jailed for 2 years

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch them get a pardon after 6 months.

Another expert on the Thai justice system (not).
don't need to be an expert.They won't do 2 years. .Got It

You do not know what you are talking about.

Why should they not do 2 years ?

Any decision on early release is dependent on certain criteria, like good behaviour.

Got it ?

I know how it works here better than you. Got it!-won't do 2years

Any decision on early release is dependent on certain criteria, like good behaviour.

Got it ?

You know how it works here better than me.

Another one of your pathetic assumptions.

Even if they did get released after 6 months.....that's still a good call spending 6 months in a Thai jail.

They are not going to have such a good time........and let's be honest....very likely they would have got less in many western countries

I was talking to my sister a relative of her husband a retired RCMP and his wife are selling everything and want to move to either Thailand or Vietnam I suggested Vietnam and told them all I know about how Thailand is going downhill and backwards faster than a run away train.Had a friend and his wife visit 4 years ago ask about coming back to see again I also told him do not come here go to Vietnam.I told both parties do not waste your time in Thailand it is a shiit hole now.

It may be in your neck of the woods but don't make ridiculous generalisations about the rest of the country. How about letting your family and friends make up their own minds particularly as your advice to them doesn't stand rational scrutiny?

Got it ?

Obviously you don't. But, anyway, why do you keep acknowledging that you've "got it!"? Surely you mean "Got it?"

wish you guys would stop bickering like a group of old fishwives.

at least something has been done, this time.

maybe the rash of bad publicity this incident created overseas will start the ball rolling and people who do these crimes may actually start to be punished.

however i won't hold my breath waiting for a certain beverage heir or a new monk to receive actual punishment.

i think this country will slowly change for the better in the punishment of crimes area , but mainly for the masses not the elite.

Waiting for the '500 baht, and a slap on the wrist' brigade, to eat their words.

Why? It could have easily gone the other way.

It probably would have been swept under the rug had it not been for the outrage exhibited on social media.

A lot of it by the 500 baht brigade.

Edit: BTW, do you figure the 2 years is for the injuries to the Brits, or the injury to Thai tourism?

And the sentence if this never made international news?...

An irrelevant, hypothetical question that no one can ever answer.

The question may be hypothetical, but it's extremely relevant.

And there's a huge body of history of such assaults over the years that didn't make the international news. Ladyboys in Pattaya on a regular basis come to mind. How do those typically work out?

I was talking to my sister a relative of her husband a retired RCMP and his wife are selling everything and want to move to either Thailand or Vietnam I suggested Vietnam and told them all I know about how Thailand is going downhill and backwards faster than a run away train.Had a friend and his wife visit 4 years ago ask about coming back to see again I also told him do not come here go to Vietnam.I told both parties do not waste your time in Thailand it is a shiit hole now.

It may be in your neck of the woods but don't make ridiculous generalisations about the rest of the country. How about letting your family and friends make up their own minds particularly as your advice to them doesn't stand rational scrutiny?

You are quite the guy.Assume a lot of things but that is expected from the ignorant so no offence taken.My neck of the woods is one of the best areas in Thailand my post was about the sewer that makes up the rest of the country.I feel it is my duty as a friend to inform others of the perils of coming to Thailand if that does not cut it with you sorry the truth hurts.You are probably talking to one of the most rational people on TV in my humble opinion.so rational scrutiny can be used to further prove my points thank you

This whole thread may be about an untruth. One guy posts on his face book the guys are in jail. Not enough proof for me I will wait for the media more trust worthy to post it before I will believe they are in jail.

Waiting for the '500 baht, and a slap on the wrist' brigade, to eat their words.

It probably would have been swept under the rug had it not been for the outrage exhibited on social media.

Edit: BTW, do you figure the 2 years is for the injuries to the Brits, or the injury to Thai tourism?

I do believe the actual charges against the culprits, were for the vicious attacks on the Welsh people, not for any damage done to Thai tourism, and they were sentenced accordingly.

You must be living in a shiit hole like Pattaya, or you associate with the wrong type of people. For most of us, Thailand is still a wonderful and friendly place to live

Thats a fair term , maybe they will learn from this. maybe

Unfortunately, they will probably learn more thuggery and when released, use it on other victims.

Some people are never happy, no matter what the result is...

Usually it is best to remain quiet and be thought of as a "fool" than to speak out and remove all doubt ..................

Even if they did end up only doing six months I would expect those six months to be pretty hellish unless they are wealthy enough to pay for comforts and privileges. They don't look like hiso elites though.

I do believe the actual charges against the culprits, were for the vicious attacks on the Welsh people, not for any damage done to Thai tourism, and they were sentenced accordingly.

That may be partly true, but I suspect the whole story is a little less transparent. It always is in the East.

For example, why are they looking for whoever leaked the CCTV footage to the press? Who did they injure?

This is far from over. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the appeal, and even more interesting to see what happens to the CCTV leaker(s).

Wow glad your opinion doesn't speak for us all.

I stayed quiet on the potential outcome, but I do wish to direct your attention to the following;

1. The hue and cry had an affect. Had there not been a public reaction I expect the penalty would not be as severe.

2. I do not expect these thugs to do the full term. They may qualify for early release come the traditional exit paroles in December.

I stayed quiet on the potential outcome, but I do wish to direct your attention to the following;

1. The hue and cry had an affect. Had there not been a public reaction I expect the penalty would not be as severe.

2. I do not expect these thugs to do the full term. They may qualify for early release come the traditional exit paroles in December.

So your suggestion is that, any case in the whole of the Thai judiciary system, that does not receive worldwide publicity, gets treated leniently ?

If so, you are way off the mark.

"TAT would like to assure international travellers that this was an isolated incident,

There are lies, lies and damn lies.

One has only to search this forum to discover that it is NOT an isolated incident.

i puke on TAT clowns

Greedy lies and trying not to loose face angry.gif

Out of all the options you chose Vietnam???? ... oh man, your friends and relatives will be grateful for that "insider" tip to the end of their life... blink.png

Archived