BREAKING: Thugs who brutally attacked British family in Hua Hin jailed for 2 years

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lived on Koh Phangan for 5 years and saw this a dozen times; Thai men/boys always attack in groups, it's like they never heard of a one-one-one deal or they are too wimpy to engage someone on their own.

Once the punches and feet start flying their spineless buddies start in and it becomes mob rule, usually 4 or 5 or more guys against one hapless, usually drunk farang.

The name for a female cat comes to mind, I hope these clowns get a taste of their own medicine in the monkey house.

Hmmmm? Always in groups of 4 or 5, normally against a helpless drunk farang?

Sounds like you stood backed and observed..

What's that word you're too afraid to use??

"Pussy"

Spinless people, also watch other "farangs" get beat up...

Thailand should have offered them more as this went global and was big in the UK media ; giving them a free holiday and really going overboard would have showed that LOS is what it says especially as they were elderly ....with this and recent UK visitor fatal accidents LOS is loosing its image.

Notice that nobody attempted to help whist is was happening Thai just standing there watching......Cowards.

As for Thai, Drink and Song Gran........It's a recipe for violence.

No Brainers!

Sentence 1 - Agreed.

Sentence 2 - Before you criticise something - learn to spell it! (English 1? - bad choice!)

Sentence 3 - Contributes nothing.

Bad choice of reply ........criticise is spelled that way in real English....rolleyes.gif

Your point being?

No.2

So, are you criticising me for spelling "criticise" correctly?

Waiting for the '500 baht, and a slap on the wrist' brigade, to eat their words.

Why? It could have easily gone the other way.

It probably would have been swept under the rug had it not been for the outrage exhibited on social media.

A lot of it by the 500 baht brigade.

Edit: BTW, do you figure the 2 years is for the injuries to the Brits, or the injury to Thai tourism?

I do believe the actual charges against the culprits, were for the vicious attacks on the Welsh people, not for any damage done to Thai tourism, and they were sentenced accordingly.

That may be partly true, but I suspect the whole story is a little less transparent. It always is in the East.

For example, why are they looking for whoever leaked the CCTV footage to the press? Who did they injure?

This is far from over. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the appeal, and even more interesting to see what happens to the CCTV leaker(s).

I guess we will never know if something happens to the leaker

Yep, the face-kicker was the kicker...for all four. Apparently that act really crossed the line. Shame on the punks for not being connected. I wonder who paid the woman's hospital bills? Big, drunken celebrations don't interest me at all, since before I even turned 30. Too many amateurs out there.

Waiting for the '500 baht, and a slap on the wrist' brigade, to eat their words.

They only got sentenced coz of the worldwide media coverage, and TAT worrying bout their tourist figures. Look at all the other cases that just disappear after the initial arrest.

"all the other cases that disappear after the initial arrest"

If so I wonder why Tai prisons are full

- not saying that iudicial desasters like Koh Tao, or the murdering drivers (Chiang Mai, Mercedes drunk, or the young girl killing 9 etc) are happening

They only got sentenced coz of the worldwide media coverage, and TAT worrying bout their tourist figures. Look at all the other cases that just disappear after the initial arrest.

If so I wonder why Thai prisons are full

- not saying that iudicial desasters like Koh Tao, or the murdering drivers (red bull, Chiang Mai, Mercedes drunk, or the young girl killing 9 ....) are not happening

May be the wrong people are in prison?

Let's be honest, this sentence was only carried out because the CCTV footage was leaked and the story out in the Western media and it has a big negative effect on tourism dollars. If I remember correctly, the authorities were upset that the footage was ever disseminated.

So, here we are on Page 6. Probably a good time for a quick check.

Has there been any corroboration of the guy's Facebook post indicating the 2 year sentence?

In the Bangkok Post. Sentenced to for years, reduced to two years.

The only one who should do any time is the head kicker, the Owens, who were the instigators and the other three guys are guilty of being part of an affray, and should be fined.

Agreed, but probably the one who punched Granny in the face also should do a bit IMO.

I was going to say the same thing but thought I would be shouted down.

I feel a bit sorry for the other two being jailed for two years at that age for a fight they didn't start with foreigners. Their lives ruined because of the aggression of others. The puncher shouldn't be punished for punching out the dad, who punched him first, or the son, who was holding his arms while dad punched him in the head. But should be punished for punching Granny. A push would have been enough for her.

The bumbling son would last about ten minutes in a Thai jail with his attitude and fighting skills.

The dad wouldn't go much better, but I reckon Granny Owen is a bit of a tough old bird (she was the only one who didn't go down after one punch) and that slap she gave was a beauty and it looked like she was priming up for another one. Quick and with a lot of force. Too quick for the Thai bloke to block. She is not a small girl either, I could envisage her climbing the prisoner hierarchy "Queen Bea" style. Sticks to her story too, despite video evidence.

I have a feeling that the slap wasn't the first time she has slapped someone. But I reckon it will be the last one she ever gives a Thai.

This kind of thing happens all the time in Thailand it is not isolated incident that incident happen to be on CCTV footage they had no choice but to act a lot of the other incidents go on punished

If so I wonder why Thai prisons are full

- not saying that iudicial desasters like Koh Tao, or the murdering drivers (red bull, Chiang Mai, Mercedes drunk, or the young girl killing 9 ....) are not happening

May be the wrong people are in prison?

The Chiangmai Mai Mercedes driver that killed the two Thai women and did the runner a couple of weeks back, as far as I know hasn't even been arrested and the story just strangely disappeared after two days. I have searched the net and found nothing.

I reckon the farang in that case must have had enough money to sort it out Thai style.

The girl who killed nine was already sentenced. To community work which she has been too busy to complete.

I reckon red bull won't serve time, but the other merc driver will.

Remarkably fast justice when the world spotlight is on Thailand. This is all for the consumption of the international press to reduce the heat.

Had that video not been realeased and made world headlines, NOTHING would have been done, and everyone knows it.

Never the less, it is good they were given jail time, but a bit short, if you ask me. They should have been given at least 10 years. Alcohol does NOT constitute a mitigating factor.

I seriously doubt they will not get parole, especially once the international spotlight moves on to the next Thai scandal.

I think the PM is definitely reading THAIVISA - it seems the normal slap on the wrist that mostly happens was rebuked due to our constant whining. And its not the first time too.... I actually like this guy despite the BS democratic vote... he at least tries to do the right things... which in a World where everyone is as corrupt as can be, he has his work cut out for him. I mean how many PMs broadcast on live TV once a week and complain that THAI SOAPS are a load of garbage and are damaging society in their constant bickering and fighting over inheritances. Then after that he makes a point on telling the Thais what wholesome TV shows he likes to watch. LOL - aint happening anywhere else in the World mate...

These thugs will be hero's inside.They beat up ferangs,which the thugs consider their god given right.

I only hope these victims never paid their hospital bills,and the hospital will be chasing the villains for recompense.

After all would you pay? I would have to say "sorry we dont have any money and we came to Thailand for a wonderful holiday.We didnt expect to get the shit kicked out of us by the friendly locals,and as for your bill,go f##k yourselves"

Strikes me as being a fair / just sentence.

I sincerely hope that the Owen's family makes a complete recovery and the sentenece handed down will help them to find closure.

Archived