why are thais never ashamed?

dazzz

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took my wife's extended family on all expenses day out last week.

Didn't receive a thank you at all, and didn't expect to, but that's what it is. Enjoy.

The relationship between poor Thais and wealthy westerners is similar to little kids and their parents.

Didn't receive a thank you at all, and didn't expect to, but that's what it is. Enjoy.

The relationship between poor Thais and wealthy westerners is similar to little kids and their parents.
I think you are confused with western people with money who date a hooker and think it is love. it is a transaction, sex with a much younger girl ane you pay for her and the family

I think you are confused with western people with money who date a hooker and think it is love. it is a transaction, sex with a much younger girl ane you pay for her and the family

Hear, hear

Hear, hear

These over negative Thai bashing threads get very tiring.

It must be so difficult for some folk here. Talk about daft.

I'd say that makes the hooker more like a cool babysitter who wouldn't hang out with you if your parents didn't pay her.

I cant really answer all these replies but do not understand the abusive ones . For what ? What i have done to recieve abuse ?

I came to live on my wifes land about 8 yrs ago on a very limited income . built new house but the old one was empty for about a year ,then her daughter cam back home with a baby and BF. THey the went to work in BKK and left the 8 month old baby with me . They came back to live 3 yrs later but the boy would not live with them but lives with me. He is now 7 and he is like my son .The BF works earns 8000,baht a month the girl never had a job . The bought a car for 6000baht a month leaving them with nothing to look after the boy. I love him so just paid 15,000baht for this terms school. If i do not pay he will have to move to the local crazy one.

They are not ashamed or embarrassed that they have a car but no money?My wifes son left his wife and 2 kids a year ago and is back home with his GF. He has nothing , not a fan , tv or even a bicycle .He is not ashamed that he has nothing but whisky everyday. He is 30 yrs old .

That was a bit off topic but this is the real nitty gritty .

I know about 12 rapists and murderers in my village . Only 2 of them were jailed . One for 3 months for raping a 6 yr old girl and one for 3 yrs for raping a 14 yr old.

This guy was sitting at my house drinking my beer when i came ,my wife said he was her cousin . When i asked why i never seen him before she told me he had just served 3 yrs in prison . When i asked what for she told me he raped a 14 yr old girl . I went crazy and threw him out of my house. My wife was then angry with me telling me i was rude and not polite .

The 45 yr old woman next door to me killed her 10 yr old nephew with a machette about 8 yrs ago .She was on drink and drugs . She went to hospital for a few months then came home and she is still living there . She comes to my house and watches tv . These people are treated like they never done anything.I hate the sight of her thinking always of the pain of that 10 yr old boy when i see her .

these evil people go to the noodle shops , walk around the village like they never done anything ?! They are not ashamed or embarrassed and nobody is rude or angry with them for thier horrible deeds.

If somebody murdered or raped a child in most countries they would go to jail then on release could not go back home and would have to live elsewhere sometimes under an assumed name and sometimes they get found out they have to move again .

How can anyone sit down and talk to a man they know has raped a 6 yr old girl. How can he show his face after doing so . I will never understand

This report from hell? Why are you still there? are you a masochist? Please do not take offense. I wrote what I saw. I have only one question. What for?

I cant really answer all these replies but do not understand the abusive ones . For what ? What i have done to recieve abuse ?

I came to live on my wifes land about 8 yrs ago on a very limited income . built new house but the old one was empty for about a year ,then her daughter cam back home with a baby and BF. THey the went to work in BKK and left the 8 month old baby with me . They came back to live 3 yrs later but the boy would not live with them but lives with me. He is now 7 and he is like my son .The BF works earns 8000,baht a month the girl never had a job . The bought a car for 6000baht a month leaving them with nothing to look after the boy. I love him so just paid 15,000baht for this terms school. If i do not pay he will have to move to the local crazy one.

They are not ashamed or embarrassed that they have a car but no money?My wifes son left his wife and 2 kids a year ago and is back home with his GF. He has nothing , not a fan , tv or even a bicycle .He is not ashamed that he has nothing but whisky everyday. He is 30 yrs old .

That was a bit off topic but this is the real nitty gritty .

I know about 12 rapists and murderers in my village . Only 2 of them were jailed . One for 3 months for raping a 6 yr old girl and one for 3 yrs for raping a 14 yr old.

This guy was sitting at my house drinking my beer when i came ,my wife said he was her cousin . When i asked why i never seen him before she told me he had just served 3 yrs in prison . When i asked what for she told me he raped a 14 yr old girl . I went crazy and threw him out of my house. My wife was then angry with me telling me i was rude and not polite .

The 45 yr old woman next door to me killed her 10 yr old nephew with a machette about 8 yrs ago .She was on drink and drugs . She went to hospital for a few months then came home and she is still living there . She comes to my house and watches tv . These people are treated like they never done anything.I hate the sight of her thinking always of the pain of that 10 yr old boy when i see her .

these evil people go to the noodle shops , walk around the village like they never done anything ?! They are not ashamed or embarrassed and nobody is rude or angry with them for thier horrible deeds.

If somebody murdered or raped a child in most countries they would go to jail then on release could not go back home and would have to live elsewhere sometimes under an assumed name and sometimes they get found out they have to move again .

How can anyone sit down and talk to a man they know has raped a 6 yr old girl. How can he show his face after doing so . I will never understand

This report from hell? Why are you still there? are you a masochist? Please do not take offense. I wrote what I saw. I have only one question. What for?

I may be presumptuous here but I think it is because human beings often fix their affection on the children-in this case the 7 year old boy-whilst they endeavour to come to terms with whatever is going on around them.

The heartbreak of leaving the boy to the mercy of a dysfunctional rural Thai family may be inhibiting the decision to leave.If this is indeed the situation then the poster may be in for for a very tough emotional and psychological time ahead.

Foreigners often see a good education as being the key for these children to escape the peculiarly constricted world view of the rural Thai and sometimes it succeeds but often it fails.

I have a problem with my wife's older sister and husband. They lied to the family about me and called me bad names in Thai thinking I was too stupid to know what was being said. So I gave my wife an option. Either she keeps them out of our house and away from our kids, or I will leave her and take the kids and move elsewhere. She sided with me and now that sister is barred from influencing my kids and never enters our house. All other family is welcome. Your wife needs to see you don't care about thainess and can be just as happy sticking her with all the bills and finding a sweet younger model of her to replace her if she can't comply with your one request. Surely if she wants to see the brother she can walk next door instead of allowing him in your home. Put your foot down man. A man's home is his castle and you are supposed to be king there. Does she have you whipped so hard that it blinded you?

Even though you must accept some Thai ways does not mean you should belly up and forget your own ways. I am certain you have had to change a lot more of your lifestyle than she has had to change for you for this marraige.

I have a problem with my wife's older sister and husband. They lied to the family about me and called me bad names in Thai thinking I was too stupid to know what was being said. So I gave my wife an option. Either she keeps them out of our house and away from our kids, or I will leave her and take the kids and move elsewhere. She sided with me and now that sister is barred from influencing my kids and never enters our house. All other family is welcome. Your wife needs to see you don't care about thainess and can be just as happy sticking her with all the bills and finding a sweet younger model of her to replace her if she can't comply with your one request. Surely if she wants to see the brother she can walk next door instead of allowing him in your home. Put your foot down man. A man's home is his castle and you are supposed to be king there. Does she have you whipped so hard that it blinded you?

Even though you must accept some Thai ways does not mean you should belly up and forget your own ways. I am certain you have had to change a lot more of your lifestyle than she has had to change for you for this marraige.

He can't afford to put his foot down because he knows that if he gives her a "me-or-them" ultimatum, he'll lose.........badly

Besides, although he paid for the house to be built, it was constructed on his wife's land so it's not really his home.

He might have a chanote (he didn't say) which gives him the right to stay there, but clearly the situation is bordering on the unbearable.

Classic Thaivisa cock up

Well, it is not exclusive a nationality THANG... plenty of other ethnic groups have this classic family member(s) ... loser(s) .. protected by the family because it is so. Just a different twist.

A difficult solution... you need a geographic solution alone..Then your peace and happiness...calmness may return..

Cheers Mate.

Archived