why are thais never ashamed?

dazzz

but as no answer to the question obviously nobody knows why thais have developed this evil streak . Cannot be culture to rape a child , not get punished and walk aroung the village letting the poor girl see you without any comeback . I think they are just pure evil or genetically inferior same as an animal has no sympathy for another animals plight . Which is why they joke and laugh at dead people at an accident .

There are evil people everywhere but the good people everywhere are not the same as south east asians . My boy is 7 now ,big after lots of good food , intelligent . speaks good english and reads and write some that i teach him . Soon they will not be able to force him to stay with them and i can leave

the fact that you choose to live with a bunch of idiots has nothing to do with Thai in general. would you do the same back home where are rapist and drop outs too?

Agree. Why are there so many farangs in Thailand that make stupid decisions and then try to blame the culture? Can't they ever take any responsibility for their choices? Ever?

I agree too but seeing through the veneer (of evil) takes a while. Usually too long. That is what time and knowledge can bring. Instead of blaming all on the OP, some sympathy towards his plight would be more appreciative. Their is a kid involved.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but as no answer to the question obviously nobody knows why thais have developed this evil streak . Cannot be culture to rape a child , not get punished and walk aroung the village letting the poor girl see you without any comeback . I think they are just pure evil or genetically inferior same as an animal has no sympathy for another animals plight . Which is why they joke and laugh at dead people at an accident .

There are evil people everywhere but the good people everywhere are not the same as south east asians . My boy is 7 now ,big after lots of good food , intelligent . speaks good english and reads and write some that i teach him . Soon they will not be able to force him to stay with them and i can leave

the fact that you choose to live with a bunch of idiots has nothing to do with Thai in general. would you do the same back home where are rapist and drop outs too?

Agree. Why are there so many farangs in Thailand that make stupid decisions and then try to blame the culture? Can't they ever take any responsibility for their choices? Ever?

I agree too but seeing through the veneer (of evil) takes a while. Usually too long. That is what time and knowledge can bring. Instead of blaming all on the OP, some sympathy towards his plight would be more appreciative. Their is a kid involved.

Wait a minute, what do you mean "evil"?

Was she evil to take advantage of someone who was only too eager to reach into his pocket?

I don't think so.

He willingly paid off her debts, built a house etc - no one held a gun to his head.

He's the only one to blame

There are Two ways to do things,,The Thai way that's the way they do it,,And the Right way,,You don't want to see him on the property,,Tell you're wife ,, Either he stays of the property or you go back to you're Home country, problem solved One way or the Other wai2.gif

The op won't have the bottle to give that ultimatum, he's in up to his neck in baht now, the only thing he'll do is plough more money in to try to sort the issue, if that doesn't work then more baht until he's skint & his wife boots him out. Then he'll be free from the freeloading relatives but also free from any assets he's acquired over the years

Op, sort yourself out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"My wife is educated . Spoke english from university . Is an assistant head teacher earning about 35,000 baht a month . When i met her she was heavily in debt due to her lazy kids fleecing her . Over the years we have got her debt down to just a little . I think the biggest reasons she does not stick up for me is her culture , The fact she now has a house , internet , sat tv 2 desktops and a notebook, no debt a paid for car and a paid for motorbike . Would not be a big thing for her if i left but it would for me as i could not afford to buy all these things again"

And even after all this she has zero respect for you or your wishes regarding "your house",which we all know unfortunately isn't really your house at all,it's hers!
As for rapists and the useless layabout Brother-in-law turning up,how do you know it isn't all engineered by your wife,as a gentle nudge to move you on to pastures new and out of her hair?For the moment without any physical violence taking place,it sounds like unwittingly you are in a very dangerous position that can only get much,much worse for you.
Maybe time to think about walking away while you still can and still have your life,these horror stories are repeated ad nauseum on these forums and the press.
Once again I think you should be advised to take the Thai lady's advice married to the guy from the UK and leave,from where I'm standing it sounds like they are still putting up with you but when the tide turns it will go very badly very fast for you,just look at the other goings on in the village for an idea of just how badly this could end for you.

On the bike topic, your wife is correct. You gave it to him, it was his possession to do with as he wishes. That's true everywhere in the world. Would it have made any difference if it was sold after 5 years? If you wanted to control it's destiny, you should have lent it to him.

Agree Rethaier.

"We cant be responsible for other peoples decisions" and ouch that is a hard one to learn sometimes.

Giving with "NO strings attached" is another adjunct to this and can be just as hard to learn also.

It could be that lending it to him was going to be a disaster also?

Whatever lessons the brother needs to learn, so be it, maybe he will never learn, but if you have an open mind to accept; "what can I learn from this" you will be infinitely better off than he may ever be.

And give thanks for the opportunity that life provided you to learn for who knows what is later to come?

You are worth more than going to jail or simply having a criminal record because of a scum brother in law and a wife with indecisive faithfulness.

It's a weird situation and the OP would go to jail if he'd hit him, what he really deserves. The best way to show him how much he's liked.

But it seems that wife loves brother ( is he really her brother?) more than her husband. That on the other hand makes all so complicated to just walk away from all your life savings you might have used for houses and cars, etc..

An American friend a couple of years back got brutally stabbed by his wife who was on Jabba, while he's holding their little daughter and couldn't defend himself.

After some stitches at the local hospital, my wife took care of the little naked girl and i drove him to the coppers as he wanted.

Amazingly there're some good English speaking guys, who made good fun of him. Asking him: "Are you a man", with a Charles Bronson smile in their faces.

When my friend then told them that he'd hit back when she's trying to do that again, they only pointed at the cells behind us and told him that he'd have to live there for an unknown time.

OP, so hard it might sound. Her brother, or you. One has to go, otherwise you'll die of a stroke, or heart attack, sooner or later. thumbsup.gif

If her brother can do what he wants and your wife protects him, how can you love such a woman? Be a man now and use common sense.

Wait a minute, what do you mean "evil"?

Was she evil to take advantage of someone who was only too eager to reach into his pocket?

I don't think so.

He willingly paid off her debts, built a house etc - no one held a gun to his head.

He's the only one to blame

Premeditated actions to dehumanize a person, because she stays with but doesnt give a toss about his feelings, yes, equals to...evil.

How would you call this behaviour ?

I agree that it is responsability solely because its his life. I guess he never ever wanted all this to happen, would you ?

"My wife is educated . Spoke english from university . Is an assistant head teacher earning about 35,000 baht a month . When i met her she was heavily in debt due to her lazy kids fleecing her . Over the years we have got her debt down to just a little . I think the biggest reasons she does not stick up for me is her culture , The fact she now has a house , internet , sat tv 2 desktops and a notebook, no debt a paid for car and a paid for motorbike . Would not be a big thing for her if i left but it would for me as i could not afford to buy all these things again"

And even after all this she has zero respect for you or your wishes regarding "your house",which we all know unfortunately isn't really your house at all,it's hers!

As for rapists and the useless layabout Brother-in-law turning up,how do you know it isn't all engineered by your wife,as a gentle nudge to move you on to pastures new and out of her hair?For the moment without any physical violence taking place,it sounds like unwittingly you are in a very dangerous position that can only get much,much worse for you.

Maybe time to think about walking away while you still can and still have your life,these horror stories are repeated ad nauseum on these forums and the press.

Once again I think you should be advised to take the Thai lady's advice married to the guy from the UK and leave,from where I'm standing it sounds like they are still putting up with you but when the tide turns it will go very badly very fast for you,just look at the other goings on in the village for an idea of just how badly this could end for you.

The fact she now has a house , internet , sat tv 2 desktops and a notebook, no debt a paid for car and a paid for motorbike . Would not be a big thing for her if i left but it would for me as i could not afford to buy all these things again"

​ And she's fully aware of that. Which is also the reason that she's not listening to you. I hope that you're not the next with a similar story.

On the bike topic, your wife is correct. You gave it to him, it was his possession to do with as he wishes. That's true everywhere in the world. Would it have made any difference if it was sold after 5 years? If you wanted to control it's destiny, you should have lent it to him.

Agree Rethaier.

"We cant be responsible for other peoples decisions" and ouch that is a hard one to learn sometimes.

Giving with "NO strings attached" is another adjunct to this and can be just as hard to learn also.

It could be that lending it to him was going to be a disaster also?

Whatever lessons the brother needs to learn, so be it, maybe he will never learn, but if you have an open mind to accept; "what can I learn from this" you will be infinitely better off than he may ever be.

And give thanks for the opportunity that life provided you to learn for who knows what is later to come?

You are worth more than going to jail or simply having a criminal record because of a scum brother in law and a wife with indecisive faithfulness.

It's a weird situation and the OP would go to jail if he'd hit him, what he really deserves. The best way to show him how much he's liked.

But it seems that wife loves brother ( is he really her brother?) more than her husband. That on the other hand makes all so complicated to just walk away from all your life savings you might have used for houses and cars, etc..

An American friend a couple of years back got brutally stabbed by his wife who was on Jabba, while he's holding their little daughter and couldn't defend himself.

After some stitches at the local hospital, my wife took care of the little naked girl and i drove him to the coppers as he wanted.

Amazingly there're some good English speaking guys, who made good fun of him. Asking him: "Are you a man", with a Charles Bronson smile in their faces.

When my friend then told them that he'd hit back when she's trying to do that again, they only pointed at the cells behind us and told him that he'd have to live there for an unknown time.

OP, so hard it might sound. Her brother, or you. One has to go, otherwise you'll die of a stroke, or heart attack, sooner or later. thumbsup.gif

If her brother can do what he wants and your wife protects him, how can you love such a woman? Be a man now and use common sense.

Jabba the Hut?

the veneer of evil?

people marry a hooker and think they are loved. wake up a girl from 25 years old doesn't love someone aged twice her age.

the veneer of evil?

people marry a hooker and think they are loved. wake up a girl from 25 years old doesn't love someone aged twice her age.

On the flip side,even hookers are capable of love,as are fat birds.

Right is right, wrong is wrong....still seems many have difficulties to comprehend that. Lack of moral fiber I guess.

The ones on this forum to defend that thai prostitutes are human beings with feelings are the same ones who blame a foreigner for marrying said prostitute. Strange !!

Often situations evolve over time, you dont actually see it while you are entrenched in it at the time. Its all happens over a long period and then suddenly you wake up and realise/think "how the hell did it get to this". Over time you do what you think is right, you fight the fight and carry on, you invest time money and emotion into a relationship and sometimes you dont or cant always see what has developed until it collapses or explodes.

Then you have the scenario where because you have invested your time, money etc into that relationship and what you "thought" was a new life. Then you realise its all you've got and have to make the best of it, or admit you made a huge mistake, which no one likes to do or likes to admit they have done.

Reality can be painful and for some the only way out has proven to be off a balcony, as they put everything into a failed or doomed "new life" and have no way back and are financially ruined.

There but for the grace of God, many have trodden, so dont be quite so quick to judge or ridicule someone who may have just discovered where they really are at, in their "new life".

The fact she now has a house , internet , sat tv 2 desktops and a notebook, no debt a paid for car and a paid for motorbike . Would not be a big thing for her if i left but it would for me as i could not afford to buy all these things again"

​ And she's fully aware of that. Which is also the reason that she's not listening to you. I hope that you're not the next with a similar story.

This is the main problem,op should have got the car in his name as i did,ok lost the motorbike,but i was not in a situation where i could not afford to leave ,so i left,i am also younger than the op which makes it a bit easier,i have had a few girlfriends since then,so it is not so hard to move on,sure i lost some money,we all do in a divorce,but i am starting to worry about the ops safety too,this village does not sound a good place at all.

I agree he should leave. They clearly only tolerate him while what he pays out (money) is worth it to them (tolerate his return demands) If he expects more in return, and gets too demanding for what it is costing them to be tolerant of him, they'll see him as enough of a problem to get rid of him, and we see plenty of examples of that on this forum. He should exercise his choice to leave while he still has some dignity and self respect

the veneer of evil?

On the flip side,even hookers are capable of love,as are fat birds.

Of course they are but not likely to with a wimp

Don't position yourself as the 'enemy' of your family, really fruitless and a long hard slog of a life like that

You probably have to accept certain things are going to happen and that's the way it is, don't get involved. The bike thing is a liberty but you shouldn't have given it to him, he sounds like a waster, what did you think he'd do with the bike? Write that off

Do you have locks on the doors of important rooms in the house? Maybe a smaller fridge in another room to keep those important things you may have that you don't want someone nicking. Tell your wife in a nice way 'look, I don't mind him eating but not this stuff' even if you don't really feel like that

Your village sounds horrid, by the way. Not sure how invested in this relationship, you are and if you have money tied up there in anyway but be nice to know if you wanted to leave you can just up and go

Any Thai related issues, let them sort it out even if it makes you shake your head

Your village sounds horrid, by the way. Not sure how invested in this relationship, you are and if you have money tied up there in anyway but be nice to know if you wanted to leave you can just up and go

Any Thai related issues, let them sort it out even if it makes you shake your head

He's "all in" or "fully invested".

His village does sound awful but I bet his wife is/was a looker.

I'll also bet he had a whirlwind courtship and marriage.

Thousands of sex-starved, needy guys come here and do the same shit. Exit the airport, hook up with the first bird who can string a sentence together in English (means she's educated, apparently), marry her, breed her, build her a house in the boonies.

I know, I am naturally cynical and protective of myself, I find it hard to be 'all in' with anything let alone stuff not in my name, etc

If you're constantly battling over various individuals that aren't yourself or your missus then you got a long, rough life in a village

I agree he should leave. They clearly only tolerate him while what he pays out (money) is worth it to them (tolerate his return demands) If he expects more in return, and gets too demanding for what it is costing them to be tolerant of him, they'll see him as enough of a problem to get rid of him, and we see plenty of examples of that on this forum. He should exercise his choice to leave while he still has some dignity and self respect

Or before they kill him,op get out now.

Or before they kill him,op get out now.

I agree.

If the OP is still around,at least make a tactical withdrawal for a few weeks,as other people have suggested, to get some grip on the situation.

I have seen my brother-in-law destroy two businesses due to excessive drinking then try and run off with a karaoke girl.My mother-in-law's only response to yet another swathe of destruction was to run over and lambast his long suffering wife and tell her that she was not being nice to her deviant son!

My stepson is in his middle 20's.has never done an honest days work in his life and has been told to stop his drinking by the local doctor-but, hey,what does a doctor know?Gets up at midday but flakes on a hammock about 2 hours later as the stress of it all is just far,far too much.

They are in fine company in this semi rural part of Isaan.

First of all, this brother is a loser. Plain and simple. So, you do not put him in any sort of position where he can take advantage of you. Never, ever pay him up front, for anything. Why would you do that, knowing who he is? You have to know that anytime you do so, he will make the wrong decision and you will be the loser. So, don't give him that opportunity.

Secondarily, your wife should be taking your side. If she lacks the vision to see his errors, she too is a loser, and you should leave her, as soon as possible, so you are able to establish a life with a family that is worthy of your time, effort, and attention.

Life is simply too short to spend it with losers. If your wife sees it from your point of view, create as much separation between both of you, and the loser brother as you can. He is bad news. He will never reform. He has no substance. He is a half man. A man child. There is nothing there but skin and bones. He is consuming oxygen he does not deserve.

First of all, this brother is a loser. Plain and simple. So, you do not put him in any sort of position where he can take advantage of you. Never, ever pay him up front, for anything. Why would you do that, knowing who he is? You have to know that anytime you do so, he will make the wrong decision and you will be the loser. So, don't give him that opportunity.

Secondarily, your wife should be taking your side. If she lacks the vision to see his errors, she too is a loser, and you should leave her, as soon as possible, so you are able to establish a life with a family that is worthy of your time, effort, and attention.

Life is simply too short to spend it with losers. If your wife sees it from your point of view, create as much separation between both of you, and the loser brother as you can. He is bad news. He will never reform. He has no substance. He is a half man. A man child. There is nothing there but skin and bones. He is consuming oxygen he does not deserve.

The OP sounds petty

His wife appears to neither love nor respect him so why would she take his side? Does someone deserve respect because of their wallet?

From her perspective, he's paid off most of her debt, built a house in her name on her land and bought cars so she doesn't need to pretend any more, does she?

Poor guy can't even walk out because he's spunked all his money

The OP sounds petty

His wife appears to neither love nor respect him so why would she take his side? Does someone deserve respect because of their wallet?

From her perspective, he's paid off most of her debt, built a house in her name on her land and bought cars so she doesn't need to pretend any more, does she?

Poor guy can't even walk out because he's spunked all his money

You are probably correct. Most guys simply do not spend enough time getting to know their women, before committing heart, soul, and funds. And this is often the result. Also, I always say it is not just about the woman. If you cannot relate to her family, and do not like or respect them, that can be a big problem down the road. And if your woman has really horrific brothers and sisters, like this one does, that can also be a big problem. Get to know her, and her family. There are alot of options here. Take your time.

I always like to say "time is always our ally, but rarely is it an ally of hers".

Many westerners in Thailand should be ashamed of their own behavior, not just the Thais.

The OP topic thread is not a East/West comparative. "Why are Thais never ashamed" is the topic. Can you contribute a considered opinion to that topic point, instead?

I am just following up my previous post as I hope that the OP is okay.

I had a curious incident today.

My wife's restaurant has been closed for 1 month after some very dodgy stuff which I will not go into.

I inquired of my wife as to whether her 24 year old son was or had been looking for work.

The response was ferocious and my wife stated.."You tell my son to look for work and he will kill you!"

She and her son have now departed in high dudgeon on a motor scooter.

"The response was ferocious and my wife stated.."You tell my son to look for work and he will kill you!""

Do you think a Thai woman would ever talk to a Thai man like that?

The answer to that question is most probably "no".

I am aware of that as my wife refuses to discuss any aspects of the demise of her restaurant or the current state of her finances and there are three people who are not working but just seem to be lazing about.

However I have not pushed the issue and did not,in fact, push it very hard today.

Archived