BANGKOK 18 March 2019 20:31
talberry2

Where can I get a cast iron skillet in Bangkok?

I have been everywhere I can think of--to the department store in the mall, to Foodland, Big C...cannot find a cast-iron skillet anywhere (well, a normal one--the department store had one sort of like it, but it was coated with that non-stick crap, which I don't want. I just want a normal cast-iron skillet that has absolutely no coating added to it). Any suggestions?

Those pans appear non stick as well. I don't know what Op is looking for to be honest... Non stick is standard, no?

I have never seen a cast iron with Teflon that is not real cast iron probably just an aluminum pan.

• Like 1

I have been everywhere I can think of--to the department store in the mall, to Foodland, Big C...cannot find a cast-iron skillet anywhere (well, a normal one--the department store had one sort of like it, but it was coated with that non-stick crap, which I don't want. I just want a normal cast-iron skillet that has absolutely no coating added to it). Any suggestions?

Rim Ping has them at the larger stores....

I have purchased them at the Paragon Department Store and at the Emporium Department Store.

I just visited Paragon. Most expensive was 11,900 or something like that. Cheapest was 4,300 but it wasn't a pan. it was more like a pot. These prices are ridiculous.

• Like 1

I shelled out the bucks and bought one from True Value hardware. Log Cabin brand made in the USA. It was 3500b.

I shelled out the bucks and bought one from True Value hardware. Log Cabin brand made in the USA. It was 3500b.

I looked them up and under cookware they only had 3 items, none of which was a cast iron pan.