Where can I get a cast iron skillet in Bangkok?

talberry2

1 hour ago, jrjrjr said:

Are they good to grill food ? Thank you.

All websites listed in this thread do not load:

I use them to grill food, especially to grill steaks. I put the cast iron skillet in the oven and get it hot, then add the meat on it and cook until it is done the way I prefer it. I use a meat thermometer to cook it to just the right internal temperature.

Try this link for Verasu, you can find them other places also but I like their products.    

https://www.verasu.com/search?lang=en

For what is it worth and please do not shoot me down for not being a seasoned skillet,

I got a good quality oven-proof frying pan / skillet from IKEA: https://www.ikea.com/th/en/search/?query=Frying+pans+&+woks

Also a dutch oven if anyone is interested: https://www.ikea.com/th/en/catalog/products/30232843/

Again, just suggestions.

Little late for the OP but Lazada has a large selection for reasonable prices

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/lodge-lms3-seasoned-3-12-cast-iron-skillet-rest-i166993325-s205691451.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.31.14a46200dpJt

Contrary to popular belief, cast iron pans do not distribute heat evenly, though they do hold heat well.  Most have hot spots.  Put in a thin layer of pancake batter with a lot of sugar and use a medium-hot flame, letting it brown.  When you turn it, you will see where the hot spots are. 

That's why most saute chefs use stainless pans with an aluminum core.

• 2 months later...

Late to this thread but...anyone see a large, flat-ish cast iron pan/skillet IN BANGKOK recently? 12" would be ideal. I do see a couple on Lazada, but would really like to see some in person. It does look like Villa Market has Lodge brand, so may go check them out (but looks like 10" is their largest).

5 hours ago, OliverKlozerof said:

Late to this thread but...anyone see a large, flat-ish cast iron pan/skillet IN BANGKOK recently? 12" would be ideal. I do see a couple on Lazada, but would really like to see some in person. It does look like Villa Market has Lodge brand, so may go check them out (but looks like 10" is their largest).

True Value has them them in bigger sizes I believe. They did have a store in the same little mall is the Villa Market just off Rama 4 back behind the Big C and near the big Lotus store. I think that store is called something else now but I believe they still have about the same stock as the True Value had. The other True Value store is out by Nonthaburi they have a nice selection but they are kind of pricey. You can see them on the photo page of their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/True-Value-Thailand-Company-263128640473637/?tn-str=k*F

1550953492_Lodgeskillet.thumb.png.f5f9a3f522ec3d30ee0f26d321572cb9.pngBought this nice, flat Lodge skillet at Villa in Phrom Phong today. Was just under B2000. They had many different shapes and sizes to choose from there. I had bought a large aluminum pan some years ago that just didn't work good enough for pancakes. Hoping this cast iron one does the trick. Will probably try tomorrow. ????

On 1/16/2019 at 12:34 AM, OliverKlozerof said:

1550953492_Lodgeskillet.thumb.png.f5f9a3f522ec3d30ee0f26d321572cb9.pngBought this nice, flat Lodge skillet at Villa in Phrom Phong today. Was just under B2000. They had many different shapes and sizes to choose from there. I had bought a large aluminum pan some years ago that just didn't work good enough for pancakes. Hoping this cast iron one does the trick. Will probably try tomorrow. ????

Is "Krusteaz" available in Bangkok?  I was first introduced to it by our guide on a horse-pack trip up to some mountain lakes in Eastern Washington. I'd always take some back to the east coast with me every time I visited Oregon. Best pancake mix, bar none.

2 hours ago, dddave said:

Is "Krusteaz" available in Bangkok?  I was first introduced to it by our guide on a horse-pack trip up to some mountain lakes in Eastern Washington. I'd always take some back to the east coast with me every time I visited Oregon. Best pancake mix, bar none.

Yes, I got it at Villa Market in Phrom Phong same day I got the skillet. That’s the original Villa and seems to have the most stuff but some of their other branches may have? When I was a kid my mom ran a restaurant for a while and that’s what we used. Just add water—no need for egg or milk—perfect with just water. Don’t over mix it...a teeny lumpy is just right. Maybe add tablespoon of oil to help keep from sticking. :-)

Archived