how to protect yourself (and others) from soi dogs.

Sorry, but I am having some difficultly in comprehending the meaning of the last two sentences.

I tried Google Translate, but it left me just as bewildered.

This is about the IQ Thing!!! Some dogs has more as a human!!!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but I am having some difficultly in comprehending the meaning of the last two sentences.

Ah, you have noticed it as well!!!

I have also regularly found that dog owners have a lower IQ than the mutt they keep, particularly the breeds such as pit-bulls you mentioned above.

Strange.

Can be. I never had pit-bulls. But I learned know a lot of idiots who was aggressive to dogs and was after crying because they was bitten bz the dogs.

So I asked myself who can be so stupid and make a dog more aggressive?

Everyone with a higher IQ as a dog would ask what he can do that the dog relax. But ...... Shaking heads!!! 555

My solution is get an air horn operated by a pressure pack cannister.

I originally bought one to discourage a cat singing love songs on my back fence at night. It worked a treat.

Then a couple of dogs were having a dust up outside my place, one being my neighbours dog whom I liked and was coming off second best. A blast from the air horn saw the dogs heading in opposite directions with all interest in fighting gone.

I have used it a couple of times since on one dog up the soi who used to think I was fair game. He eyes me from a safe distance now. No chemicals, no mess, no injured dogs.

Nothing I read makes sense.....

Weapons, running, kicking, screaming.

Lol

Dogs sense the fear and aggression. Eye contact is a threat. We became part of their routine, so now all the dogs on our soi know us. The only ones that bark and are aggressive are behind a fence. The others are more like pussycats.

We just rode slowly by, and would say nice things, like sawadee krap or such. Sometimes just avert our eyes...smile, and talk to each other. We ring our small bike bells every time we talk nice. Now they just sleep, even when we ring the bike bell. It does take a few weeks for them to know you are not a threat. Try chatting nice to Thais nearby..or owners.

If you are in unfamiliar areas...just avert your stare and try not to panic. Like an earlier post, back away from that area.

You make enemies and you stay enemies for life. It does look foolish to see an angry farang with a shovel swinging blindly and cursing. Most of the people on our soi are gentle and the dogs know us.

Definately more than you methinks.

Why just the other day (not really) I was riding my motorbike when a dog ran out and aggressively chased me barking and snapping its teeth.

I stopped and said to the dog: Why are you chasing me when there's a dog in heat just up the street?

And the dog asked: Where?

and I pointed over there and when the dog looked in that direction, I whacked him in the back of the head with a 2 by 4 and rode off.

When I first moved into my village and would come home, there was always this one dog that would case me as I was going by on my bike.

Then one evening when I came into the village the dog started to chase me so I stopped my bike and got off and chased the dog. Not only did the dog not chase me anymore, but we eventually became best of friends.

He found out who the alpha male was very quickly.

read again, geezus, the noise scares them, u don't shock them

REad what again? The tips for the sticks to hit or Pepper spray, Kicking them, electric cattle prod, squirt gun with amonnia, ...????

If someone not hurt them I not speak something but all the other crazy shit, .... make me speakless!!! I hope someone see this bastards and report it to the police!!!

What the most not understand is: "This dogs just protect their place against invaders (you)!!!" Nothing other!!!

If you be nice to they, they would be nice to you!!! Give they a little bit snacks and they want love you!!!

If you be aggressive they do the same!!!

The public road is not "their" place, it is "our" place.

Geddit?

l. If I ever saw anyone using a stick or spray or anything against my dogs I would repay the mindless moron double fold.

Keep your dogs under control when they're on public land and it shouldn't be an issue.

Keeping dogges under control in public. 555. Not compatible with Thainess.

If I read what all this crazy guys here wrote, I understand why the animal cruelty law is now much harder as before. I hope someone do the same with you what you suggested to do with the dogs!!!

If you really have problems with a dog, buy a small pack of dog food. Stop in front of him and give him a little bit. After 2-3 days they stop to try biting you!!! They wanna be your best friends!!!

It not give areason to hit or kick a dog, give electro shots or acid to him. People who do this are <deleted> <deleted>!!!

written by someone who doesnt ride a bike in thailand, and if you do i hope you get attacked by packs of dogs

(seems fair on your disgusting comment about doing the same back to a rider)

best friends, 5555

If I read what all this crazy guys here wrote, I understand why the animal cruelty law is now much harder as before. I hope someone do the same with you what you suggested to do with the dogs!!!

If you really have problems with a dog, buy a small pack of dog food. Stop in front of him and give him a little bit. After 2-3 days they stop to try biting you!!! They wanna be your best friends!!!

It not give areason to hit or kick a dog, give electro shots or acid to him. People who do this are <deleted> <deleted>!!!

written by someone who doesnt ride a bike in thailand, and if you do i hope you get attacked by packs of dogs

best friends, 5555

Actually, it sounds like snowgard has plenty of experience riding in thailand and understands dog behavior very well.

It's sad how much anger and violence there is here amongst farang posters on TV. Most of the posters on this thread are recommending a violent solution. There have been many studies (you can all google as well as I can) that show a correlation between violence towards animals and violence towards people. I feel sorry for your children.

I was riding in Nong Khai last year and felt a rubbing on my leg.

It was a dog with a metal muzzle trying to bite me.

No barking, no warning.

If there was no guard I would have been bitten for sure.

Some of you can continue in your hippie world of peace and love but my experience taught me to roll with a taser flashlight.

If the sound doesn't deter them the voltage will.

Window cleaner is mostly ammonia but a liquid deterrent seems risky and heavy.

To think all dogs behave the same is stupid.

Just like people there will always be some crazy violent ones.

My dog was stealthy; scary.

The shear arrogance of cyclists all over the world never ceases to amaze and humor me. Is there a chip implant put in to humans when they buy a pedal cycle with tells them they are invincible/rule the road(and pavements when it suits them)are in fact a law unto themselves????. Now here it seems they belive they have a divine right to whip/stick/tazer/spray/kick or otherwise abuse the local dog population. (It's only a matter of time when human pedestrians who use there pavements come in for the same treatment

The shear arrogance of cyclists all over the world never ceases to amaze and humor me. Is there a chip implant put in to humans when they buy a pedal cycle with tells them they are invincible/rule the road(and pavements when it suits them)are in fact a law unto themselves????. Now here it seems they belive they have a divine right to whip/stick/tazer/spray/kick or otherwise abuse the local dog population. (It's only a matter of time when human pedestrians who use there pavements come in for the same treatment

Drivel.

Cyclists want to do is to be able to ride a bicycle without being attacked by dogs and killed by drunken drivers.

I find it amazing that any aggressive behaviour by dogs on public property is considered acceptable and indeed defensible. And to move the topic onto pedestrians is absurd.

If you think that any dog that tries to attack me will get a dog biscuit, you are wrong! Mind you I may give it a pat on the head though, with a rock. Can't you dog lovers see that these possible rabid beasts are a dangerous nuisance. Children cannot protect thenselves like some of us can, the dogs need removing from the streets so everyone has the right to carry on with their business without the threat of being bitten.

If you think that any dog that tries to attack me will get a dog biscuit, you are wrong! Mind you I may give it a pat on the head though, with a rock. Can't you dog lovers see that these possible rabid beasts are a dangerous nuisance. Children cannot protect thenselves like some of us can, the dogs need removing from the streets so everyone has the right to carry on with their business without the threat of being bitten.
Point 1 I am not a dog lover but would not abuse one.

2. Where are the facts about children being bitten???? Been here a number of years and never have I seen or heard of a child or adult come to that being bitten by a dog.

3. Rabbied dog is that your assumption? ??

4.you are free to do whatever floats your boat but not abuse animals as a divine right because they bark or snarl at you.

I personally dislike pedal bike riders scurge of the road (pavements) should be made to pay a form of road tax and be insured but hey I deviate from the topic.

Oh yes you bullying dogs

2. Where are the facts about children being bitten???? Been here a number of years and never have I seen or heard of a child or adult come to that being bitten by a dog.

4.you are free to do whatever floats your boat but not abuse animals as a divine right because they bark or snarl at you.

I personally dislike pedal bike riders scurge of the road (pavements) should be made to pay a form of road tax and be insured but hey I deviate from the topic.

Oh yes you bullying dogs

Thank you, you have just proven my point.

Oh yes you bullying dogs

Thank you, you have just proven my point.

Ha ha standard reply must be good to have a point only known to you proved.

best friends, 5555

Actually, it sounds like snowgard has plenty of experience riding in thailand and understands dog behavior very well.

It's sad how much anger and violence there is here amongst farang posters on TV. Most of the posters on this thread are recommending a violent solution. There have been many studies (you can all google as well as I can) that show a correlation between violence towards animals and violence towards people. I feel sorry for your children.

Protecting oneself from an attacking animal is not equivalent to the type of violence you mention, it is not even self defense in the legal sense as animals do not have human rights and are not persons.

Animals are due our protection and are shielded from abuse by law.

It is not the animals fault that it bites someone, it is the fault of the owner or society that allows strays and pets to roam the streets.

They are the abusers, not those who are to be harried and bitten just because they wish to ride a bicycle.

The problem with these threads is that they bring out the anti-bicycle brigade and at the same time those "animal lovers" who feel it is justified that victims be savaged by dogges just because they dare to walk the streets.

Heard it so many times and I'm sick of it. Rubbish.

this is what I use, 10 baht cap gun with caps

one "BANG" and dogs run away,they seem to remember me after one bang

don't have any more dog's chasing me

100_3735.JPG

Wow, i never thought of that. Really smart idea. Most dogs around my tambon is scared to death by fireworks.

Gonna try this for sure!

These head case animal lovers, would step over ur dying body to get a thorn out of a dogs paw, bunch of disguised Cat Ladies, yeah I don't mistreat animals, they adore me, but a human life is more up the evolutionary ladder...ok let me have it!!! 1.2.3....

Oh yes you bullying dogs

Most cyclists already pay the same taxes as any car driver, as the vast majority drive as well.

You're the arrogant one, full of nonsense, hate and bigotry.

Since when to cyclists ride on pavements in Thailand anyway?

Sent from my turnip using Tapatalk

Archived