Brit blacklisted for 5 years for overstay

Rimmer

Brit blacklisted for 5 years for overstay

1193n9Brit-busted.jpg

PATTAYA:--A British man has been blacklisted from Thailand after he was found overstaying his visa by 106 days.

Chonburi Immigration officers stopped Matthew Joseph Love, 32, on Walking Street after they witnessed him behaving oddly.

A check of his passport found he had overstayed his 30-day visa-exemption stamp by 106 days.

He was arrested and processed for deportation and will be blacklisted from the kingdom for five years under regulations that went into effect in March.

Under the new system, penalties vary depending on whether the overstaying foreigner voluntarily turns himself in or is arrested.

Read More: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/brit-blacklisted-5-years-overstay-138692

pattayamaillogo.png

-- Pattaya Mail 2016-06-10 footer_n.gif

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overstay BS.

Who cares. coffee1.gif

Some real nasty crime out there, BIB,

go sort it out, its right under your nose facepalm.gif

Quite right, there is so much real crime under the BIB's noses BUT this was immigration that picked him up not RTP

Overstay BS.

Who cares. coffee1.gif

Of course in this case it was immigration officers, but still they could freelance and start investigating thefts and murders or issuing parking tickets.

I suppose the same thing could be said back in Farang Land. Leave all the illegal aliens alone until all the "real" criminals have been caught.

Plenty of drug dealers, child molesters and bankers wandering around. Throw open the borders until those miscreants are all behind bars.

Unbelievable that someone would be so stupid to even be anywhere near Walking Street on an overstay.

Not surprising or unbelievable at all. Ever seen the general quality of "farang" that frequent the place? Not all mind you, but mostly dregs and derelicts. A real freak show and idiot exhibition!

Overstay BS.

Who cares. coffee1.gif

Quite right, there is so much real crime under the BIB's noses BUT this was immigration that picked him up not RTP

Yes you right , if they only acted alone ?

but still BS. wai2.gif

Seems to me Thais don't like tourists very much anyway no big loss other Asian countries will be available to him. Maybe its cheaper to overstay take a risk get sent home than trying to renew visa every 90 days. No buggy go to Vietnam Cambodia Philippines plenty of countries to choose from

I guess he'll be in IDC until he raises the cash for a flight back to the UK

Maybe its cheaper to overstay take a risk get sent home than trying to renew visa every 90 days. No buggy go to Vietnam Cambodia Philippines plenty of countries to choose from

Cheaper to risk overstay? Hardly when he has to raise the funds for a ticket.

How much is a cheap ticket to UK he can borrow from family its fairly cheap. Chiang mai seems OK but Pattaya seems to be a violent unfriendly place for a foreigner. Not quite so keen on Thailand after what I see on TV I thought Philippines was a dangerous place but its nowhere near as violent for foreigners as Thailand.

"after they witnessed him behaving oddly." I wanna know what exactly that comprises of? Did he walk a "John Cleese" funny walk? Did he quack like a duck or pick like a chicken? Did he dance the Polka in the middle of the street? Just so I know what to avoid doing not to get stopped and harassed by the men in brown.....

How much is a cheap ticket to UK he can borrow from family its fairly cheap. Chiang mai seems OK but Pattaya seems to be a violent unfriendly place for a foreigner. Not quite so keen on Thailand after what I see on TV I thought Philippines was a dangerous place but its nowhere near as violent for foreigners as Thailand.

Thailand is not that dangerous. It just depends where you go and how you act. All places can be dangerous under the right circumstances

It all depends on where you live. I live in rural Khampaeng Phet where the nearest 7/11, bus stop/ restaurant is 6km away. I don't consider it dangerous at all. Pattaya and Bangkok are also fairly safe if you know where to go and more importantly, where NOT to go.

Archived