Brit blacklisted for 5 years for overstay

Rimmer

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many ridiculous assumptions on here that I can't pick one out to start with!

But, to summarize, up to now, the good and the great amongst TVFM's have concluded that the individual must have been carrying out illegal activities (apart from a poultry 3 months overstay, hardly crime of the century), he had sufficient funds (and other information) to obtain a METV from the UK, he looked odd as he may have been sober on Walking St, etc.

When in fact none of you know anything about the guy, or his circumstances, apart from what you've read on a half baked news report!

We know all we need to know...extended overstayer...being deported...fined B20,000...banned for 5 years.

All I need to know! Guilty...Next!

No! What you know, and what you believe is chit chat and rumors on here.

What you actually know about the exact circumstances or outcome of this case are zero!

So he hasn't been arrested and awaiting deportation for being Visaless? Maybe he is being flown home first class to receive a Queens Award to Industry for his services to the Travel and Tourist sector?

There are so many ridiculous assumptions on here that I can't pick one out to start with!

But, to summarize, up to now, the good and the great amongst TVFM's have concluded that the individual must have been carrying out illegal activities (apart from a poultry 3 months overstay, hardly crime of the century), he had sufficient funds (and other information) to obtain a METV from the UK, he looked odd as he may have been sober on Walking St, etc.

When in fact none of you know anything about the guy, or his circumstances, apart from what you've read on a half baked news report!

We know all we need to know...extended overstayer...being deported...fined B20,000...banned for 5 years.

What you actually know about the exact circumstances or outcome of this case are zero!

So he hasn't been arrested and awaiting deportation for being Visaless? Maybe he is being flown home first class to receive a Queens Award to Industry for his services to the Travel and Tourist sector?
Now that is just being silly.

So you are claiming there is extenuating circumstances or some evidence exonerating the overstayer? That the report is pure conjecture? Highly doubtful and until something based upon reality is produced...Next!

He was arrested and processed for deportation and will be blacklisted from the kingdom for five years under regulations that went into effect in March.

Since when, did a 3 month overstay anywhere deserve being blacklisted for 5 years, especially when no other more serious crime had been committed (think about this one before trying to answer)?

Hang on, hang on, I'm thinking. Okay, I reckon since the regulations were changed in March.

Overstay BS.

Who cares. coffee1.gif

Some real nasty crime out there, BIB,

go sort it out, its right under your nose facepalm.gif

I'll wager, you are the lot who complain so much about illegal aliens in your own countries. Get a grip and use that bit of mass between your ears. Overstayers are violating the law, period, no conceivable argument. Overstay is a haven for ne're-do-wells--one group may have neither the money nor the respect of law to comply and another group may be attempting to hide from something. The misinformed of you who claim overstay hurts no one, simply have no clue; the fact many overstay is one of the reasons immigration regulations and enforcement are getting tighter for all of us. Go ahead, further confuse your brain and do as your name suggests.

Ok ( Get a grip and use that bit of mass between your ears )

How come you can stay for years in Thailand on overstay, then go to the airport

pay 20,000 and leave no questions asked no black listing , no time inside, no extra fine ?

so they take this real serious, facepalm.gif

Overstay on the streets of Pattaya, is a Dog and Pony show. coffee1.gif

Actually he won't be fined 20,000, that is only if you give yourself up.

If you are caught, you go to court and you will pay a fine of around 3,000 and then deported. You can pay bail money and sort out you business before you go to court, and you can also pay immigration to make sure it is a speedy process and you are deported the day of your court case without having to spend the night in the IDC.

So Woody1, you think immigration police dealing with someone illegally in LOS is out of order in your opinion....?

No, I don't.

But what I KNOW is a 3 month overstay does not warrant a 5 year blacklisting!

Also, all forms of BiB should be focusing their efforts on serious crime; daily shootings, speed boat accidents, serious drug offenders, and drink drivers (who alone have killed 3 people in the last 3 days)!

Actually he won't be fined 20,000, that is only if you give yourself up.

If you are caught, you go to court and you will pay a fine of around 3,000 and then deported. You can pay bail money and sort out you business before you go to court, and you can also pay immigration to make sure it is a speedy process and you are deported the day of your court case without having to spend the night in the IDC.

Thank You, someone who knows what they're talking about.

ha ha what do you mean "well done", so they caught one, there are thousands here, total incompetence, just set up a booth in walking street for a start that should catch a few hundred.

mercman----So the Thai immigration is totally incompetent for this illegal still being here-----Honestly if you come from the USA--the UK or any Euro state then for you to make that statement is nothing short of complete stupidity..................coffee1.gif

Mr Love illegally overstayed by over three months. What's not to know?
Thank you for selectively only quoting part of what I wrote.

Since when, did a 3 month overstay anywhere deserve being blacklisted for 5 years, especially when no other more serious crime had been committed (think about this one before trying to answer)?

Immigration offences are also crimes, the law is 5 years ban for his overstay period. It is what they have made it.

It could always be worse, ask the Australian drug traffickers in Indonesia. Oh that's right you can't they were executed.

How much is a cheap ticket to UK he can borrow from family its fairly cheap. Chiang mai seems OK but Pattaya seems to be a violent unfriendly place for a foreigner. Not quite so keen on Thailand after what I see on TV I thought Philippines was a dangerous place but its nowhere near as violent for foreigners as Thailand.

You have to purchase a direct flight ticket to your country of origin .......Not cheap after the Thai kickback.

Overstay BS.

Who cares. coffee1.gif

Some real nasty crime out there, BIB,

go sort it out, its right under your nose facepalm.gif

Of course in this case it was immigration officers, but still they could freelance and start investigating thefts and murders or issuing parking tickets.

I suppose the same thing could be said back in Farang Land. Leave all the illegal aliens alone until all the "real" criminals have been caught.

Plenty of drug dealers, child molesters and bankers wandering around. Throw open the borders until those miscreants are all behind bars.

Please do not equate drug dealers with paedophiles. They are not the same.

Unbelievable that someone would be so stupid to even be anywhere near Walking Street on an overstay.

Not surprising or unbelievable at all. Ever seen the general quality of "farang" that frequent the place? Not all mind you, but mostly dregs and derelicts. A real freak show and idiot exhibition!

Nonsense. People with money who want fun plus thousands of visitors go to WS.I'm on my way there right now to meet a pal, spend money and meet some pretty girls. You have never been there have you. There are no derelicts or dregs compared to UK or Australian cities. But there's still a lot of fun, food , drinks, bars, GG bars and restaurants around WS. I suggest you stay at home tonight with a cup of Horlicks and calm down .

Unbelievable that someone would be so stupid to even be anywhere near Walking Street on an overstay.

Not surprising or unbelievable at all. Ever seen the general quality of "farang" that frequent the place? Not all mind you, but mostly dregs and derelicts. A real freak show and idiot exhibition!
Nonsense. People with money who want fun plus thousands of visitors go to WS.I'm on my way there right now to meet a pal, spend money and meet some pretty girls. You have never been there have you. There are no derelicts or dregs compared to UK or Australian cities. But there's still a lot of fun, food , drinks, bars, GG bars and restaurants around WS. I suggest you stay at home tonight with a cup of Horlicks and calm down .
You know not about which you opine. Also read posts in their entirety before going off on non sequitur tangents. I explicitly qualified 'not all, but general population'.

Enjoy the Freak Parade!

ha ha what do you mean "well done", so they caught one, there are thousands here, total incompetence, just set up a booth in walking street for a start that should catch a few hundred.

It's a shame, that despite catching an overstayer after all the warnings, there are still some on here who cannot find a good word to say. There is a saying, that if one cannot say something good about someone then they should say nothing at all. This is only one report, there may be many others that we are unaware of, yet one finds time to slag off at the RTP by crying incompetence.

Seems quite obvious that the topic hits a bit too close to home for some

More like music to the ears of the over 50s who have an easy, long extended stay without visas runs, and who desperately want young 'uns not to come live here.

One of England's finest no doubt...enjoy those Blighty winters for the next 5 years tongue.png

Where did it say he's English?

Can you read? The headline says Brit man blacklisted for 5 years. Is British English? I wonder sometimes.

One of England's finest no doubt...enjoy those Blighty winters for the next 5 years tongue.png

Where did it say he's English?

Can you read? The headline says Brit man blacklisted for 5 years. Is British English? I wonder sometimes.

The last time I was in England they were all wearing turbans and smelling of curry.

Archived