Brit blacklisted for 5 years for overstay

Rimmer

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of England's finest no doubt...enjoy those Blighty winters for the next 5 years tongue.png

Where did it say he's English?

Can you read? The headline says Brit man blacklisted for 5 years. Is British English? I wonder sometimes.

Can YOU read? The guy's Welsh, no doubt about it!

Lannig. Many of us are guests of people living here, but being a guest of the actual country?? No way.

90 day reports for those on retirement extensions, 90 border runs for those on Marriage visas, special Farang prices etc, etc, etc.

The very same people who are contributing to the Thai economy, and the unnecessary hoops we have to go through.

Yes, we are guests of the very nice people who live here, but guests of the actual Thai country?? Again I say, no way.

Unbelievable that someone would be so stupid to even be anywhere near Walking Street on an overstay.

Not surprising or unbelievable at all. Ever seen the general quality of "farang" that frequent the place? Not all mind you, but mostly dregs and derelicts. A real freak show and idiot exhibition!

Ever seen the general quality of "farang" that frequent the place?

Please do inform me, as for you to make that statement one must presume you know it well. :)

Lannig. Many of us are guests of people living here, but being a guest of the actual country?? No way.

90 day reports for those on retirement extensions, 90 border runs for those on Marriage visas, special Farang prices etc, etc, etc.

The very same people who are contributing to the Thai economy, and the unnecessary hoops we have to go through.

Yes, we are guests of the very nice people who live here, but guests of the actual Thai country?? Again I say, no way.

The foreigners contribute so much to the Thai economy argument...where have I heard that before ? Believe me, if it was at all significant, they'd make it much easier to stay here.

The foreigners contribute so much to the Thai economy argument...where have I heard that before ? Believe me, if it was at all significant, they'd make it much easier to stay here.

Yes, I see what you are saying, but it is in the Thai genes not to make things easier when they can make them harder.

As proof of this, take a look at the hoops the under fifties have to go through to stay here long term if they cannot or

will not buy the over expensive Elite Visa.

Overstay: One has to be incredibly stupid or having something to hide from authorities.

I think that is quite simple.

No It can happen by accident

Government holiday can trip the tourist up

Simple isn't it

I am not talking about a few days of overstay.

I dont think so, they cant even get a government together

Rules are rules, jspill. There will always be more serious crimes but if the government doesn't start somewhere then anarchy reins. Simple as.

Other governments in the area make visa extensions simple and easy, done within the country. Go figure.

Now you're talking nonsense. The guy didn't bother with an extension so totally moot point.

How is it nonsense, the Philippines allows 3 years of extensions, Cambodia a years stay at a time, Vietnam several in-country 3 month extensions, Laos has a long business visa.

If you mean because he didn't do an extension, well that would've only took him to 60 days. He'd still have been on 46 days overstay when arrested, and be blacklisted. How is it a moot point.

Just calling something nonsense isn't an argument.

quote "How is it nonsense, the Philippines allows 3 years of extensions, Cambodia a years stay at a time, Vietnam several in-country 3 month extensions, Laos has a long business visa."

So what you are saying is that each country sets its own rules on visas and extensions and you seem to be happy with that.

Why then, are you unhappy that Thailand sets its own rules and time limits. Just because they are lower than other countries doesn't make Thailand wrong or the other countries right, just different.

No country in the world, at least that I know of, allows just anyone from anywhere into the country for an unlimited amount of time without any checks or rules.

It isn't hard to learn the rules and keep within them. After all millions of people from countries around visit Thailand (if the TAT are to be believed) and well over 99% stay within the rules on their visa and have no problems in doing that.

Then there are the small amount of people who don't want to play by the rules and simply ignore them. Why then should they be allowed to when every body else does and then expect to go unpunished?

I dont think so, they cant even get a government together

Do you not mean they are not allowed to get a government together?

Overstay BS.

Who cares. coffee1.gif

Some real nasty crime out there, BIB,

go sort it out, its right under your nose facepalm.gif

I'll wager, you are the lot who complain so much about illegal aliens in your own countries. Get a grip and use that bit of mass between your ears. Overstayers are violating the law, period, no conceivable argument. Overstay is a haven for ne're-do-wells--one group may have neither the money nor the respect of law to comply and another group may be attempting to hide from something. The misinformed of you who claim overstay hurts no one, simply have no clue; the fact many overstay is one of the reasons immigration regulations and enforcement are getting tighter for all of us. Go ahead, further confuse your brain and do as your name suggests.

Ok ( Get a grip and use that bit of mass between your ears )

How come you can stay for years in Thailand on overstay, then go to the airport

pay 20,000 and leave no questions asked no black listing , no time inside, no extra fine ?

so they take this real serious, facepalm.gif

Overstay on the streets of Pattaya, is a Dog and Pony show. coffee1.gif

Well, I know this may be a little difficult to understand, but let’s try. If you allow people an easier out for turning themselves in, paying the fine, and leaving—which makes everything right again—then you may have culled the absent-minded quasi-innocent overstayer. However, if people are caught instead of turning themselves in—even though they know turning themselves in receives a lesser punishment—then they face the full brunt of the law. Now, hold on, here it is; maybe immigration would rather people turn themselves in.

stopped Matthew Joseph Love, 32, on Walking Street after they witnessed him behaving oddly.----OP

Acting oddly on walking street---------that takes some doing......................coffee1.gif

He must have stood out like a sore thumb given that he doesn't look at all Chinese, Arab or Indian. Perhaps he wasn't carrying the obligatory can of 7-11 bought Leo?

Now they have the momenta going, they need to keep it up. Get rid of those that want to buck system ASAP.

It will make it, eventually, a whole lot easier for those that do want to stay legal.

You mean a whole lot easier to get rid of us too. We don't have any rights. The only people really wanted are 2 week millionaires.

Now they have the momenta going, they need to keep it up. Get rid of those that want to buck system ASAP.

It will make it, eventually, a whole lot easier for those that do want to stay legal.

You mean a whole lot easier to get rid of us too. We don't have any rights. The only people really wanted are 2 week millionaires.

Your wrong. They like us long term stayers that stay within the Law with the correct Visas or extensions. The only ones that need to be concerned are those that don't want to be legal.

I have been coming and going and living in LOS since 1972 and guess what? Not 1 days over stay.

They are coming after those that don't want to play the game. Being able to do as you like and not comply with the rules is coming to an end along with those continually living in LOS on back to back Tourist Visas.

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/

It's all here, freedom of movement, to live where you like, to be kept in humane conditions, etc.

Perhaps instead of discussing the misfortunes of one admitedly feckless individual, we ought to turn the spotlight around.

I don't know about you, but I have no rights in Thailand whatsoever other than discretionary, and am more ingrained in Thai society than most others. Could be deported at any time really, even though I have the right documents.

You need to read that again. Freedom of movement within borders is the only right, not freedom of movement across borders.

Yeah I can see that. It's a mind boggling charter that goes beyond more than what is on the front page. Still, he is definitely not getting his rights if detained, those conditions are inhumane.

But I think Thailand is not fully signed up to the charter anyway, so my argument just isn't cogent, and I withdraw it.

Nevertheless, this really is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Many countries it isn't even illegal. Others like UK never prosecute.

I still think the argument about common sense, natural law stands. If someone isn't actually doing harm, what's the problem!

Your wrong. They like us long term stayers that stay within the Law with the correct Visas or extensions. The only ones that need to be concerned are those that don't want to be legal.

I have been coming and going and living in LOS since 1972 and guess what? Not 1 days over stay.

They are coming after those that don't want to play the game. Being able to do as you like and not comply with the rules is coming to an end along with those continually living in LOS on back to back Tourist Visas.

No problems, no jobs left. They'll find problems. Believe you me they will make it a whole lot harder. It's the way bureaucracies work.

I can foresee the days when we'll need much more in the bank account, and health insurance for retirement visa.

As for using the past as a sound predictor of the future, it's just not cogent.

Wow, people are reacting to his arrest as if they had caught one of the mullah's responsible for terrorist atrocities.

I don't see how it bothers foreigners and I doubt if Thai's give a toss or even know about such things as 'overstay'.

Just get on with your life and don't be so vindictive to someone who hasn't hurt or harmed anyone of you!

Wow, people are reacting to his arrest as if they had caught one of the mullah's responsible for terrorist atrocities.

I don't see how it bothers foreigners and I doubt if Thai's give a toss or even know about such things as 'overstay'.

Just get on with your life and don't be so vindictive to someone who hasn't hurt or harmed anyone of you!

Quite obviously, many here do 'give a toss' and have strong feelings and opinions on every side of this matter. If you don't 'give a toss'...fine! Just get on with your life and move on to a topic more to your liking and interest.

Quite obviously, many here do 'give a toss' and have strong feelings and opinions on every side of this matter. If you don't 'give a toss'...fine! Just get on with your life and move on to a topic more to your liking and interest.

Vindictiveness between foreigners is rampant here and as I said the Thai's don't give a toss and it's their country.

I can foresee the days when we'll need much more in the bank account, and health insurance for retirement visa.

Those would be two very welcome changes...too many foreigners are living here hand to mouth and when they get sick become a burden on the Thai healthcare and welfare system.

I have never expected a Government to provide anything to me... any Farang in Thailand needs to have enough financial resources, to look after themselves. If you don't have these resources go home and earn a wage!

This guy was not one of the "lowest of the low scum and rubbish". He has not been identified as accused of any crimes beside overstay. Just one of the many. An example if you wish. Overstay, 105 days FORBIDDEN 5 YEARS.

Anyway it is well time for those who have overstayed their welcome, in various ways, to collect their baggages (and dependents) and go back to where they came from.

Read the tea leaves, it is going to get much much worse here before it gets better for low-rent Farnungs

This guy was not one of the "lowest of the low scum and rubbish". He has not been identified as accused of any crimes beside overstay. Just one of the many. An example if you wish. Overstay, 105 days FORBIDDEN 5 YEARS.

Anyway it is well time for those who have overstayed their welcome, in various ways, to collect their baggages (and dependents) and go back to where they came from.

Read the tea leaves, it is going to get much much worse here before it gets better for low-rent Farnungs

Too many low life farangs think Thailand owes them something. It's about time Thailand sent them packing.

It's interesting the number of replies these blacklisting posts get...it makes one suspect there are many others similarly situated.

Agreed, it is interesting how over stay stories, major crime no doubt, always get very many comments. Predictably simpletons always assume that comments by people who think 100 day over stay is a very. very minor offence are all over stayers themselves lol.

People like you with not much going for them taking pleasure in others misery, so they always post 'Hang 'em High', hoping somehow this makes their life more bearable, padding themselves on the back for being 'one of the good guys', cos you went and got a stamp.

Others are trying to say to say British guy didn't cause any harm to anybody, ZERO harm.

It is naive to think more deportations make visa requirements easier for those on extensions, there is no evidence visas are becoming easier to obtain, opposite is true. The 'hang em high' crowd is many times larger always on this topic, people are vicious and nasty by their nature, it takes strength to be gentle and kind. Unless it touches us directly, or dealing with our pet cause, we won't stand up and say a kind word.

There is another thread going here, about a car accident, 11 dead, yet over stay threads always gets more nasty comments. What if those thousands of IO changed their uniforms, and started policing Hiways? Since obviously in this country two things can't be accomplished at the same time, I'd say Hiways need attention more.

Archived