Brit blacklisted for 5 years for overstay

Rimmer

We can talk debate till the cows come home it is not going make any difference.

Better to exercise

I agree Alan81. Those who overstay will never see it's a breach of Thai law. Those who will never overstay see the others as screwing the system, and possibly making it difficult for those who take the time to be compliant with visa conditions.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"after they witnessed him behaving oddly." I wanna know what exactly that comprises of? Did he walk a "John Cleese" funny walk? Did he quack like a duck or pick like a chicken? Did he dance the Polka in the middle of the street? Just so I know what to avoid doing not to get stopped and harassed by the men in brown.....

No, just walking up Walking Street in a straight line avoiding the bars.

Probably dressed decently, too. That would make him stand out like a sore thumb.

At a minimum they should be required to show financial proof, accident and medical assurance cover vald for length of stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if I can show financial proof that will more than cover any accident or medical condition?

People so cashed up should have no problem affording accident and medical insurance. The problem with just showing sufficient financials is that money may be here today and gone tomorrow. Insurance is in place for the term covered.

Egggazackley.

It's not difficult to do the right thing but folk like to take shortcuts and then get their nose out of joint when they get caught or in this case see someone else getting caught.

I'd like to see somebody go to USA, UK, Australia or numerous other western locations and try to stay indefinately on tourist visas. 555555

They need to start chipping folks on the way in, that way they can be tracked or better still, if they overstay a small explosive inside their neck is detonated, they become fertiliser.

Thailand itself set a decades long precedent when they allowed people to clear up years of overstay on a Wednesday, and fly back into the country on Thursday. If they treated overstays so lightly, is it surprising that a lot of perpetual tourists treated it the same way? And crafted lives for themselves, complete with $$$ investment and domestic situations (virtually families) based on overstays and repeated visa runs.

Only to see that jerked out from under them when the enforcement of those rules changed. That's a little harsh, and pretty recent.

Show a little compassion for the folks whose way of life has just recently been made untenable.

And, no. I'm not on overstay. I'm on a WP with a BOI company. And I don't advocate overstay or perpetual visa runs- even if they are still possible. But I can empathize with others I may not agree with.

Egggazackley.

It's not difficult to do the right thing but folk like to take shortcuts and then get their nose out of joint when they get caught or in this case see someone else getting caught.

I'd like to see somebody go to USA, UK, Australia or numerous other western locations and try to stay indefinately on tourist visas. 555555

They need to start chipping folks on the way in, that way they can be tracked or better still, if they overstay a small explosive inside their neck is detonated, they become fertiliser.

Thailand itself set a decades long precedent when they allowed people to clear up years of overstay on a Wednesday, and fly back into the country on Thursday. If they treated overstays so lightly, is it surprising that a lot of perpetual tourists treated it the same way? And crafted lives for themselves, complete with $$$ investment and domestic situations (virtually families) based on overstays and repeated visa runs.

Only to see that jerked out from under them when the enforcement of those rules changed. That's a little harsh.

Show a little compassion for the folks whose way of life has just recently been made untenable.

And, no. I'm not on overstay. I'm on a WP with a BOI company. And I don't advocate overstay or perpetual visa runs- even if they are still possible. But I can empathize with others I may not agree with.

I fully u der stand the point you make, however, from experience with my background I would gently suggest it is never a good idea to break laws and rules irregardless of what the greater population 'seems' to be doing for obvious reasons.

If we were to apply what you are saying to the road, ie: you can drive like a dangerous idiot in Thailand because the authorities don't stop it, I would suggest that's a bad idea too.

Anyway, I have no problem with what you say but as you might expect from me I counter you by saying it's NEVER a good idea to operate outside the laws ESPECIALLY in places like Thailand.

Anyway, I have no problem with what you say but as you might expect from me I counter you by saying it's NEVER a good idea to operate outside the laws ESPECIALLY in places like Thailand.

On that, we agree.

I'm sure a lot of guys whose multi-year overstay adventure has recently been ended wish in retrospect they hadn't gone down that road.

On that, we agree.

I'm sure a lot of guys whose multi-year overstay adventure has recently been ended wish in retrospect they hadn't gone down that road.

I reakon you are right 55555

There are so many ridiculous assumptions on here that I can't pick one out to start with!

But, to summarize, up to now, the good and the great amongst TVFM's have concluded that the individual must have been carrying out illegal activities (apart from a poultry 3 months overstay, hardly crime of the century), he had sufficient funds (and other information) to obtain a METV from the UK, he looked odd as he may have been sober on Walking St, etc.

When in fact none of you know anything about the guy, or his circumstances, apart from what you've read on a half baked news report!

We know all we need to know...extended overstayer...being deported...fined B20,000...banned for 5 years.

All I need to know! Guilty...Next!

Actually he won't be fined 20,000, that is only if you give yourself up.

If you are caught, you go to court and you will pay a fine of around 3,000 and then deported. You can pay bail money and sort out you business before you go to court, and you can also pay immigration to make sure it is a speedy process and you are deported the day of your court case without having to spend the night in the IDC.

Thank You, someone who knows what they're talking about.
Skeptik7, just to put this to bed, the guy hasn't been deported. He's just left a bar that I'm having a beer in, and as I said (and knew) earlier you had no idea what you were talking about.

Skeptik7, just to put this to bed, the guy hasn't been deported. He's just left a bar that I'm having a beer in, and as I said (and knew) earlier you had no idea what you were talking about.

You sure? 'Cause they all look the same to me, even with the tatts- which are beginning to look remarkably similar, too.

You sure? 'Cause they all look the same to me, even with the tatts- which are beginning to look remarkably similar, too.

Hahahaha, sure!

Independently verified by a, "guest" with me.

On that, we agree.

I reakon you are right 55555

overstayed 3 times, saved a lot of money, I have no regrets. in fact I didnt miss the crazy high speed border runs at all

• 1 year later...
On 6/10/2016 at 10:39 AM, SOTIRIOS said:

...the irony...and hypocrisy....is that hundreds of thousands come from one of the border countries.....and live...and work here....without 'standard' paperwork....

..not to mention the fortune any 'western' foreigner has to pay every year for the 'privilege' of staying here...

have you ever seen how those neighboring people are treated. I have seen a truck full of them being delivered to the border, crammed in the back all stood up getting battered by the sun. then offloaded to sit on the floor before having a fine taken off them before being kicked out. of course they come back and risk it again to work and around it goes like a revolving door. yes they pay, a lot less than westerners but think about how much they earn. if they don't have the right paperwork to be in thailand those people go through hell on a regular basis

On 6/10/2016 at 6:39 PM, mommysboy said:

At any rate, he shouldn't be forced to go back to his country of origin, unless he is evading justice. Yes of course, the country he elects to go may deny him entry, but Thai authorities can't make that decision. I agree, in practice that's what happens.

i think it's because if he was able to go to a country that wasn't his home country and was denied entry they would send him straight back to thailand. 

On 6/10/2016 at 0:23 PM, kmj said:

What makes you think he has to stay in the UK?

I hate that when people ask me: "When (do) you go back to your country?" - This is nobody's #**^ing business! Maybe I want to spend the next 5 years on Tahiti, then 3 years in North Korea, whatever... If I asked asylum seekers, etc. in my country: "When are you returning to your country?" - I'm sure I'd risk a bloody nose...

And yes, there are quite a number of countries in the world that are an alternative to Thailand!

35 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

then 3 years in North Korea

So you are in the right place now to get yourself ready for NK, it should not be too much of a change for you to get used to on arrival, stay safe and write often. Just thought the internet there is fully BIBed so you won't be able to write.

On 6/10/2016 at 0:37 PM, onemorechang said:

Overstay BS.

Who cares. coffee1.gif

Some real nasty crime out there, BIB,

go sort it out, its right under your nose facepalm.gif

you expect Far too much of the thai police; they have one goal ::make money for themselves;

they care about you and me about the same as they care about a  tree

On 9/10/2017 at 5:00 AM, realenglish1 said:

I totally understand that you can overstay your visa For a week even a month for extenuating circumstances However an overstay of more that that is just plain irresponsibility and you should be banned 

Totally agree anyone who has overstayed longer than 2 weeks and isnt in a hospital or under doctors supervision for example broken leg and cant fly yet should simply be given 10 year mandatory bans and if occurs again lifetime.

• 3 months later...
On 6/10/2016 at 12:04 PM, OMGImInPattaya said:

One of England's finest no doubt...enjoy those Blighty winters for the next 5 years tongue.png

If he had some sense of adventure, he could go to live in Cambodia, where they have SANE visa requirements and are very flexible. They also don't get too upset when you are found to be overstaying and spending money in their kingdom.

On 9/14/2017 at 2:25 PM, Chivas said:

Totally agree anyone who has overstayed longer than 2 weeks and isnt in a hospital or under doctors supervision for example broken leg and cant fly yet should simply be given 10 year mandatory bans and if occurs again lifetime.

I think crucifixtion is more appropriate. 

On 9/14/2017 at 12:25 PM, Chivas said:

No, anyone who over stays by one week should get a 20 year ban

Archived