"I can't be held accountable for matters that were nothing to do with me " says Tiger temple boss

rooster59

"I can't be held accountable for matters that were nothing to do with me " says Tiger temple official.

post-247607-0-02045300-1465604820_thumb.

Image: Thairath

KANCHANABURI: The vice president of the Luang Ta Bua Foundation that is central to the animal abuse investigation surrounding the Tiger Temple went to talk to provincial investigators yesterday.

Suphitpong Phakjarung was wanted for questioning over three tigers that had disappeared in 2013. He told Phiphat Rungsampha of the Kanchanaburi investigative team that he was ready to help in any way that he can. He said that he had carried out his duties in line with requests made by the president of the foundation and in this regard took full responsibility for his actions.

But as regards matters outside his sphere of influence he added: "I do not know at all about certain things that were not my responsibility. I cannot be held accountable for certain things that may have happened that were nothing to do with me."

The Tiger Temple is also known as Wat Pa Luang Ta Bua. It is currently shuttered as investigations continue to concentrate on its alleged involvement in the illegal wildlife trade.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-11

Check the personal accounts of all the senior monks and officials and all the temple 'business' accounts.

It's hardly rocket science.

They should have done that BEFORE they moved in.

as the abbott he is responsible for everything that happens at or in his temple and grounds and must be held accountable

The 'I was unaware of any wrong doing at the time' defense. Pretty much means he's guilty of neglecting his duties.

as the abbott he is responsible for everything that happens at or in his temple and grounds and must be held accountable

The 'I was unaware of any wrong doing at the time' defense. Pretty much means he's guilty of neglecting his duties.

He is not the abbot, hint ,you can tell by his hair and attire. He is still tainted by his position and my be telling a porky.

I've been resident in Thailand for 19 years now, and never once have I come across anyone ever accepting and taking responsibility either for their own actions or the actions of the people for whom they were responsible. It just doesn't happen.

It doesn't matter if it's someone selling you faulty goods, a restaurant serving you cold food, a major national mail-order business whose parcel has gone astray, or, as in this case. the vice president of a national foundation with corrupt employees - the attitude is the same, "It's nothing to do with me!".

The depressing thing is, with the few exceptions that I can recall, there seems to be nothing anyone can do about it!

But in this case I fervently hope there is enough international reaction that the smug bastard above, or one of his piers, gets the bloody book thrown at him.

"I can't be held accountable for matters that were nothing to do with me " says Tiger temple boss

he continued: "Some of the tigers committed suicide and skinned themselves. That's normal behavior for Thai tigers at the onset of the rainy season."

Yeah... blame the young novices in the temple, they're the main culprits, they have orchestrated and

conveyed the thing, the abbot proclaim not to know anything as well and so sick he can't even talk

to reports now, the all plead to have the Sgt. Schultz syndrome of Hogan heroes all of a sudden

now that the shit hit the fan......

I've been resident in Thailand for 19 years now, and never once have I come across anyone ever accepting and taking responsibility either for their own actions or the actions of the people for whom they were responsible. It just doesn't happen.

It doesn't matter if it's someone selling you faulty goods, a restaurant serving you cold food, a major national mail-order business whose parcel has gone astray, or, as in this case. the vice president of a national foundation with corrupt employees - the attitude is the same, "It's nothing to do with me!".

The depressing thing is, with the few exceptions that I can recall, there seems to be nothing anyone can do about it!

But in this case I fervently hope there is enough international reaction that the smug bastard above, or one of his piers, gets the bloody book thrown at him.

Although the "I know nothing" and "it doesn't matter" generally prevail, there have been numerous instances where I have had stuff replaced under guarantee, or repaired and the resulting bodge repaired again for free. Sometimes it does take a long time. One dvd player was "in repair" for several months.

And it has gotten better over the years.

Just my experience, as always, YMMV.

"I do not know at all about certain things that were not my responsibility. I cannot be held accountable for certain things that may have happened that were nothing to do with me."

That no one believes.
What a stupid excuse.
He wears nice gold rings on his fingers.

Typical response. Nothing to do with me. Sounds similar to the excuses used at some very famous war trials some years ago.

Or Homer Simpson.

1. That's not really in my wheelhouse.
  2. I would, but I'm allergic to (something having to do with the request).
  3. I've been diagnosed with halitosis.
  4. I have a herniated ass bone.
  5. Today is a religious holiday, the feast of the Somnambulant intermission.
  6. Amazing! My horoscope warned me against doing this very thing!
  7. I'm supposed to do a favor for the pope that day.
  8. My boss considers that moonlighting, even if I don't get paid to do it.
  9. I sprained my uterus.
  10. Sure, but first my lawyer requires that you sign a form releasing me from all responsibility. He should be in touch with you in a week or two.

Source: https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Homer_Simpson's_Handy_Portable_Excuses_Card

2 weeks ago I had a kettle that I bought in BigC 9 months ago fail on me.

It only cost 499 baht but I took it back anyway along with the receipt and a clearer scanned copy.

It took about 10 minutes while a lady got a new one off the shelf and tested it in front of me.

She apologised that it had failed and gave me a beautiful smile.

We swapped them over and off I went, happy as a pig in .......

Typical response. Nothing to do with me. Sounds similar to the excuses used at some very famous war trials some years ago.

Ich habe es nicht gewusst

This expression in German can be translated as "I didn't know about it". It was often used in the aftermath of the Second World War, when certain people in the former Nazi empire were held to account over the slaughter of Jews and others in concentration camps.

It only cost 499 baht but I took it back anyway along with the receipt and a clearer scanned copy.

It took about 10 minutes while a lady got a new one off the shelf and tested it in front of me.

Nice one bill. But I bet you don't live in Samui like rob. Samui where the shops sell duff phones to tourists and Immigration charge 5000 baht for something that costs 1900 baht.

The General fired the governor of the SRT a couple of years ago when he failed to accept responsibility for his organization hiring a guy who raped and murdered a young girl on the train. No transfer to an inactive post, just shitcanned. Maybe this tiger temple guy needs to be reminded of that.

Nice one bill. But I bet you don't live in Samui like rob. Samui where the shops sell duff phones to tourists and Immigration charge 5000 baht for something that costs 1900 baht.

The General fired the governor of the SRT a couple of years ago when he failed to accept responsibility for his organization hiring a guy who raped and murdered a young girl on the train. No transfer to an inactive post, just shitcanned. Maybe this tiger temple guy needs to be reminded of that.

Agreed and I think the General/PM needs to be reminded of that also.

Check the personal accounts of all the senior monks and officials and all the temple 'business' accounts.

It's hardly rocket science.

Can/do monks have bank accounts? I thought they were to shed all worldly possessions on being ordained.

Archived