Family of Thai man held for rape and murder of young daughter call for his release

rooster59

Family of Thai man held for rape and murder of young daughter call for his release

post-247607-0-55477200-1465628831_thumb.
Image: Daily News

TRANG:-- Relatives of the father held for the drug rape that resulted in the death of his eight year old daughter have called for his release saying he is innocent.

His lawyer has said that he did not make an admission of guilt and that DNA will exonerate him.

The eight year old girl died in hospital after she was given an overdose of soft drinks laced with the drug krathom. She was raped and the father initially said that he was sleeping out back when it happened. The girl is claimed to have implicated a neighbor before she died. The father was later reported to have tried to commit suicide in police custody before an initial court appearance. Police said that he had admitted the crime.

His wife and two other children along with relatives took a placard calling for justice to the Trang prison Friday where the father is being held. The placard says that he is innocent, they miss their father and they want him home.

Police have said that the weight of evidence points to the father.

Lawyer Yuthasat Thorat said that the police only have circumstantial evidence. "Police claim that he said he had taken Ya Ba, could not control himself and raped his daughter. But the father has told me that he never said any of this. He wants what he really said to come out."

Police are still waiting for DNA evidence to be processed and the lawyer said that this will point to the real culprit in the crime.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-11

"Police are still waiting for DNA evidence to be processed and the lawyer said that this will point to the real culprit in the crime."

How much you bet that the DNA will match the father (very conveniently for the Police)?

Remember the case where DNA was supposed to be sent to Singapore but in fact never was sent and the Burmese boys were sentenced to death on "DNA" matches?

In a civilized country this would be a totally open and shut case ! Wait for what they laughingly refer to as the DNA results smile.png

Then what would they do in these civilized countries---Like the USA ?...where 1,000s have been wrongly convicted over the years.

Strap him down and connect electrodes to his head.

civilized country

Showing evidence of moral and intellectual advancement; humane, ethical, and reasonable:---http://www.thefreedictionary.com

I'm afraid the father - and the family is done.

Thai Police cannot lose their face - Probably they already ordered a positive DNA result.

After the debacle at Koh Tau i think they are somewhat more careful now. What happened to the neighbour that they paraded in front of the cameras?

In a civilized country this would be a totally open and shut case ! Wait for what they laughingly refer to as the DNA results smile.png

Then what would they do in these civilized countries---Like the USA ?...where 1,000s have been wrongly convicted over the years.

Strap him down and connect electrodes to his head.

civilized country

Showing evidence of moral and intellectual advancement; humane, ethical, and reasonable:---http://www.thefreedictionary.com

Relax...the op was saying that DNA can resolve the case, but here in Thailand corruption might outweigh the evidence...I think that is obvious and an appropriate concern...any argument of moral equivalency is just steering the conversation to a dead end...such as when the best argument someone has to offer is to call their opponent a nazi...it just is stupid...

I don't think he did it, there hasn't been any pointing yet.

Since the victim is DEAD go figure why there is no pointing!!

calm down,have a cup of tea, they often point at the suspect not the dead body

You seem to miss the "point" - I think LotusBoy is highlighting that dead people can't point!

I don't think he did it, there hasn't been any pointing yet.

Since the victim is DEAD go figure why there is no pointing!!

calm down,have a cup of tea, they often point at the suspect not the dead body

Who is they? Ahhh the dead body....You will make flying squad soon.

Archived