Army clean-up Samui beaches and nightlife

It took him 2 hours to get from Nathon to Chaweng.

Guess he went north road when they have night market in Bophut or Maenam, they block the traffic so the vendors can set up their stalls.

Nothing to do with traffic increase.

For ten years I have gone from Chaweng to Nathon via Lamai.

In fact the time spent on the road has decreased by 10 min during this time due to better roads.

I find this really odd... all the places shut down the music at 2am sharp yet there is one "club" in Lamai that cannot be named that goes on full blast in the middle of the main stream till 4(?)am. How is this possible?

Do you mean this "Club" ?smile.png

What once was an outstanding good House Music club – lot's of fun hours there, and later also long gone Super Sub round the corner till 5am – also lots of girls, both places... crazy.gif

It took him 2 hours to get from Nathon to Chaweng.

Guess he went north road when they have night market in Bophut or Maenam, they block the traffic so the vendors can set up their stalls.

Nothing to do with traffic increase.

For ten years I have gone from Chaweng to Nathon via Lamai.

In fact the time spent on the road has decreased by 10 min during this time due to better roads.

There has been a few Fridays with traffic jam almost all way from Maenam to Bo Phut junction at Fisherman Village – one time even starting before Maenam Village at Santibury Resort – I think because of the private employed traffic controllers at the resorts and mainly the Wharf, let cars going in/out having priority over the main road traffic. After the bad jam, starting at Santibury, traffic police came the following Fridays – and that helped at lot – seem like the private controllers now have learned to let Ring Road traffic have priority. Both Fridays and Mondays, where there's also "Walking Street" market in Fisherman Village, has been Okay ever since.

smile.png

I find this really odd... all the places shut down the music at 2am sharp yet there is one "club" in Lamai that cannot be named that goes on full blast in the middle of the main stream till 4(?)am. How is this possible?

Or this one Per. Also went down very incognito...

What once was an outstanding good House Music club – lot's of fun hours there, and later also long gone Super Sub round the corner till 5am – also lots of girls, both places... crazy.gif

Sorry for the mess. Not a frekvent poster here. My bad

post-2639-0-35674100-1465834709_thumb.jp

It is another low season purge. It happens every year on phangan - low season arrives, parties are restricted.they will relent for the August little high season then resume restrictions until December. Once high season kicks back into gear things will open up again until the next ebb.

Ohh - was this Fusion?sad.png

Hope not!

Ohh - was this Fusion?sad.png

Hope not!

Yes, Fusion is gone, it is now a Morya Pharmacy

well i'm going into bat for "spider mike" here.

Definitely an increase in traffic volume between mae nam and lamai...sometimes difficult to go 30klm.per hour.

More and more westerners,including koreans,chinese phillipino's now living on Samui..cant blame them its a nice place,but road congestion is a problem maybe accounting for more road rage and aggressiveness from the local thais.

I decided to get out a year ago (my best days of samui were over and time to move on).Bye bye Samui thanks for the good times..

well i'm going into bat for "spider mike" here.

Definitely an increase in traffic volume between mae nam and lamai...sometimes difficult to go 30klm.per hour.

More and more westerners,including koreans,chinese phillipino's now living on Samui..cant blame them its a nice place,but road congestion is a problem maybe accounting for more road rage and aggressiveness from the local thais.

I decided to get out a year ago (my best days of samui were over and time to move on).Bye bye Samui thanks for the good times..

It comes down to time of day, usually.... early mornings or between 4 and 6 pm....

Glad you have found the perfect place SBC, funny I ran into one of your old friends here yesterday, he seems quite content living here still! whistling.gif

Obviously the island does not suite everyone... but no where is perfect.... but most find it quite pleasant! wink.png

Archived