Shower Glass stained

hackjam

Clean it with white vinegar.

Thats the product for glass cleaning.

Second best thing....slightly dampen a sheet of newspaper then screw it up and use it as a cloth.

Brilliant on glass and mirrors.

Now thats saved you a fortune on expensive products.

The only thing that works, been there have the t-shirt, is the brush pictured below.

You can buy them at Hardware House Rayong or Sriracha, between 20 and 60 Baht, depending on size.

You put them on a electrical hand grinder, and make your glass wet or even better use WD40 or similar.

10-pieces-pack-4-PVA-Grindstone-Spongy-A

Second best thing....slightly dampen a sheet of newspaper then screw it up and use it as a cloth.

I have a shower door that is stained.

My offer to you is, that I pay you 5000 Baht, if you can get it clean using any of the methods in your post.

Wait, I make it 50.000 Baht. PM for my address

^ well its a safer option than using an electrical appliance in a bathroom

The question from the OP is not about safety but effectiveness.

Now why would the use of an electrical appliance in the bathroom be of any safety concern, taking in consideration that the OP doesn't shower at the same time?

My shower is dry as powder when I'm not showering.

I assume you also don't use a electrical razor or hair dryer in your bathroom then .

I had clear glass shower panels/door in a condo I lived in for seven years which I kept clean by regularly cleaning. However, I rented it out for 2.5 years, and of course the renters did no such thing, so when I retook ownership the glass was a mess. I tired CLR, Vixx and white vinegar (separately ... don't mix those!) with a sponge and had little success. Then I held paper towels against the glass, sprayed white vinegar on them and let it soak in. I re-soaked the towels every hour or so, so they never dried out. After about 5 or 6 hours of that, I scrubbed the glass with a Scotchbrite pad with vinegar, and voila!, the stains were gone. YMMV

If you want to minimize mineral deposits in the future, apply car wax to the glass and buff it off. Water will bead up and roll off much better.

Hydrochloric acid will clean the glass without damaging it. Macro's own brand of bathroom cleaner contains about 20% and works well. Leave it to soak for a while then work in with a scotch pad. Ventilate well while using, the fumes are disgusting and harmful.

I have a shower door that is stained.

My offer to you is, that I pay you 5000 Baht, if you can get it clean using any of the methods in your post.

Wait, I make it 50.000 Baht. PM for my address

Put it an escrow account and ill be right over to make that window shine.

Home Pro sells some stuff that works. Like CLR it works fine,but scotch bright pads and rubber gloves are required. I forget the name but it is a white bottle with a blue label.

Do you mean this stuff -

post-108341-0-36466600-1466494034_thumb.

Depending on how bad the staining it works to some extent but it did not solve the issue for me - or maybe I just need to rinse and repeat another half dozen times.........

Hydrochloric acid will clean the glass without damaging it. Macro's own brand of bathroom cleaner contains about 20% and works well. Leave it to soak for a while then work in with a scotch pad. Ventilate well while using, the fumes are disgusting and harmful.

Dont let the acid soak onto your tile grout to long or it may disappear.

Archived