Cleaning chicken/veggies and living with a sensitive stomach

riorobc023

-So I've been in thailand for a few years now and I've finally started to notice that there is something "up" with the chicken and vegetables, and possibly the way they treat them before and after .

-I eat 6 very clean meals everyday for the past 1 year it is a regimented diet with the same thing every day , with only an adjusted fluctuation of my carbohydrates depending on my goals.

-When i go back to the united states every time i am eating the same exact thing as in thailand, but i am only frequenting the bathroom a maximum of two times per day.

-So , we have come to the conclusion that it is the chicken or the broccoli.

I don't use any sauces or anything to that nature.

My water is filtered 5 times , and even with reverse osmosis water machines i never had a problem. so we ruled out the water as well.

How can i take preventative measures to not have to be on the toilet 4 times per day with diarrhea ? its never just regular bowel movements in thailand.

How can i clean my chicken and broccoli with more than just water ?

Any help would be much appreciated

---

i take a strong probiotic twice per day and i take digestive enzymes with almost every meal. I also take peppermint oil/fennel oil twice a day as well.

no supplement will save this problem.

Maybe your body is over supplemented and doesn't know how to work for itself anymore? If I were you I would either go back to live like a man and see if yoyr body gets used to it or, if you want more clean you can buy cp, betagro or organic chicken. Organic veggies, depends on your wallet ;) I shop at a local market and wash my veggies with amway - wash to rinse off as much as possible chemicals..

Either way, good luck

you see none of the products that i buy in the US are organic or non-gmo as well. so , why do i get a lot of problems here as opposed to the states though? Is our food treated that much better?

-

this is just a typical bodybuilding diet, loads of chicken, steak, eggs, rice/broccoli

1) Are you cooking your food in the filtered water?

2) Are you washing your dishes with filtered water (or at least making sure they are fully dry before using them)

3) Some of the chicken here is infused with water (take some from Big C, throw it in a microwave and watch it explode). Get a quality brand of Chicken Breast (I shop Home Fresh or Foodland).

4) Where are you getting your veggies from? (I purchase mine from Home Fresh or Foodland).

5) You say you use no sauce, but are you using anything to grease the pan or cook the chick/broc in?

Note: I'm pretty much the same boat as you: I mainly eat Chicken Breast & Broc and would notice if anything was off. However, I use *bottled* water for everything (even for cooking in).

Additionally: I only drink bottled water, and even use bottled water to brush teeth/rinse with, and never let the shower water get into my mouth. Basically the only water that goes into my mouth comes out of a bottle :)

If you are doing that (and using proper chicken/broc, not stuff you get down the markets or even Big C) then it may be something in the chicken itself (pesticides, hormones, who knows what?) You could try switching to imported frozen chicken breast for a week or two to see if that is the cause. (Same with veggies, maybe switch to imported canned/jarred/frozen).

Note: I notice *any* open food *anywhere* is liable to be contaminated -- people touch it, cockroaches walk around, bugs (yes, even in Big C I saw a family of roaches walking around and enjoying the shopping experience).

How can i take preventative measures to not have to be on the toilet 4 times per day with diarrhea ? its never just regular bowel movements in thailand.

...i take a strong probiotic twice per day and i take digestive enzymes with almost every meal. I also take peppermint oil/fennel oil twice a day as well.

no supplement will save this problem.

perhaps you are consuming too much probiotics?

I am prone to diarrhea when I consume msg, plus I went on a binge of consuming fresh raw yogurt with fruit every day and had to cut back after a while due to diarrhea.

A couple articles that suggest this...

Probiotics may cause side effects in some people, such as diarrhea and its associated symptoms of gas and bloating.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/351882-can-probiotics-cause-diarrhea/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/351882-can-probiotics-cause-diarrhea/

Probiotics Side Effects Explained

Interestingly, probiotics side effects mean that the good bacteria are working! Here are the most common side effects:

• diarrhea
  • gas
  • bloating
  • cramps
  • rashes
  • acne

http://probiotics.org/side-effects-of-probiotics/

1) Are you cooking your food in the filtered water?

2) Are you washing your dishes with filtered water (or at least making sure they are fully dry before using them)

3) Some of the chicken here is infused with water (take some from Big C, throw it in a microwave and watch it explode). Get a quality brand of Chicken Breast (I shop Home Fresh or Foodland).

4) Where are you getting your veggies from? (I purchase mine from Home Fresh or Foodland).

5) You say you use no sauce, but are you using anything to grease the pan or cook the chick/broc in?

Note: I'm pretty much the same boat as you: I mainly eat Chicken Breast & Broc and would notice if anything was off. However, I use *bottled* water for everything (even for cooking in).

Additionally: I only drink bottled water, and even use bottled water to brush teeth/rinse with, and never let the shower water get into my mouth. Basically the only water that goes into my mouth comes out of a bottle smile.png

If you are doing that (and using proper chicken/broc, not stuff you get down the markets or even Big C) then it may be something in the chicken itself (pesticides, hormones, who knows what?) You could try switching to imported frozen chicken breast for a week or two to see if that is the cause. (Same with veggies, maybe switch to imported canned/jarred/frozen).

Note: I notice *any* open food *anywhere* is liable to be contaminated -- people touch it, cockroaches walk around, bugs (yes, even in Big C I saw a family of roaches walking around and enjoying the shopping experience).

Wow very informative post. Just logged back on to see this

Thank you for taking the time to explain

1) yes

2) yes

3) get all chicken from tesco ( and they keep it out in the open i know, shame on me)

4) veggies coming from tesco as well (out in the open broccoli)

5) i grease the pan with standard olive oil or cooking spray if i can find it here

I like your idea of drinking bottled water, if i didn't drink more than 1 gallon per day i would do the same. Although this water filter i trust in 100%, i mean the damn thing was nearing $600 or something.

I believe you are correct in saying that it is pesticides/hormones or simply contaminated from being out in the open. I need to go to Makro and check out their selection of frozen veggies in bulk as i hear they have a good selection

And yes, i forgot about those cockroaches, seen em everywhere in the stores...not something very appetizing ha

Wow very informative post. Just logged back on to see this

Thank you for taking the time to explain

1) yes

2) yes

3) get all chicken from tesco ( and they keep it out in the open i know, shame on me)

4) veggies coming from tesco as well (out in the open broccoli)

5) i grease the pan with standard olive oil or cooking spray if i can find it here

I like your idea of drinking bottled water, if i didn't drink more than 1 gallon per day i would do the same. Although this water filter i trust in 100%, i mean the damn thing was nearing $600 or something.

I believe you are correct in saying that it is pesticides/hormones or simply contaminated from being out in the open. I need to go to Makro and check out their selection of frozen veggies in bulk as i hear they have a good selection

And yes, i forgot about those cockroaches, seen em everywhere in the stores...not something very appetizing ha

I would recommend getting Chicken/Veggies from Foodland, Home Fresh or maybe even Gourmet Market (Central) for a week or so to see if there is a difference. The meats *AND* veggies there are fresh AND sealed! So it's pretty high on 'as safe as you can get' around here. I avoid the open air stuff unless I want to chance it, high source of contamination (its a non-issue for most people but those with sensitivities could get sick easily).

Olive Oil (presumably imported) should be okey, can't say for the cooking spray : If its' the same brand you used back home it should be okey, if not, it could be a problem (could contain something that you just don't digest well).

OH, I drink so much water a day it's not funny :P That's why I buy 12 1.5L of water almost every single day and bring it back... one day I'll get around to hooking up to home water delivery. If it's your own water filter tho and you are taking good care of it it SHOULD be fine. But you can try the 'experiment'.

At this point it really is a matter of trying the alternative to see if the problem goes away.

OH, I drink so much water a day it's not funny tongue.png That's why I buy 12 1.5L of water almost every single day and bring it back... one day I'll get around to hooking up to home water delivery. If it's your own water filter tho and you are taking good care of it it SHOULD be fine. But you can try the 'experiment'.

OMG You seriously drink about 18 litres of water a day??? Have you heard about dying from drinking too much water? Water intoxication...

Have you got a medical condition which is causing your 'sensitive stomach'?

Maybe its stress related?

I can't imagine living off chicken and broccoli and drinking 18 litres of water a day!!!!!!!!!!

I never take supplements and I eat everything.. raw buffalo, fermented sausages, frog soup, chicken ovaires, chicken feet, fried insects, dancing shrimps etc. I eat from street vendors, Thai cheap restaurants and buy most of my vegetables and food from local Thai markets... including my chicken and meat... which often has flies buzzing around it to be swashed away by the plastic bags.

In 10 years never had a problem... only if I eat a huge amount of chillies lol.

Have you considered you have upset the balance of your gut with the pro biotics, enzymes and bland unbalanced diet.. not to mention drinking a seriously harmful amount of water each day?

Also why would you need to filter the water 5 times?

Apologies if you have a disease or medical condition diagnosed by a doctor. If that is the case you need to go back to the doctor and get some advise off him.

If you were my patient I would take a stool culture including ovum and parasites. Just to take out the guess work. Also screen for occult blood in the stool. In the States you could buy these in most pharmacies. The test is called Hemocult. I doubt if they have them here but you can always check at one of the better pharmacies.

There are also several excellent labs that specialize in stool and saliva samples in the United States. The one I used was Great Smokies. You can check their website and see about a possible referral here or they may even be able to send you a sample collection kit that you can express mail or FedEx back to them.

I would also check for H. pylori bacteria via blood test. Several studies have come out many years ago and they found that more than 90% of gastric ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome were due to this bacteria. It's fixed with a very basic treatment protocol.

You can check with some of the clinics/hospitals here and see how wide of a variety they check for pathogens in stool samples. I think you got a lot of other good advice here, that would probably be helpful with your history. However this is the way I would approach your case.

OH, I drink so much water a day it's not funny tongue.png That's why I buy 12 1.5L of water almost every single day and bring it back... one day I'll get around to hooking up to home water delivery. If it's your own water filter tho and you are taking good care of it it SHOULD be fine. But you can try the 'experiment'.

OMG You seriously drink about 18 litres of water a day??? Have you heard about dying from drinking too much water? Water intoxication...

I drink at least 9L of water a day (I work out a lot as well). And a lot of water is used for cooking in or cleaning food :) So that adds up.

I can't imagine living off chicken and broccoli and drinking 18 litres of water a day!!!!!!!!!!

I never take supplements and I eat everything.. raw buffalo, fermented sausages, frog soup, chicken ovaires, chicken feet, fried insects, dancing shrimps etc. I eat from street vendors, Thai cheap restaurants and buy most of my vegetables and food from local Thai markets... including my chicken and meat... which often has flies buzzing around it to be swashed away by the plastic bags.

Have you considered you have upset the balance of your gut with the pro biotics, enzymes and bland unbalanced diet.. not to mention drinking a seriously harmful amount of water each day?

Apologies if you have a disease or medical condition diagnosed by a doctor. If that is the case you need to go back to the doctor and get some advise off him.

You're confusing two people :)

*I* go through almost 18 liters of water a day (or every 2 days) -- half drunk and the other half used to cook in or clean food/veg with.

*OP* is the one on the strict chicken & broc diet. (Although I do that a lot, not exclusively).

I do chicken & broc to get enough protein in so I don't rely on powders alone (I exercise so need about 200g/day). Plus I like it :)

I'll guess the OP has a sensitive tummy (or IBS) and needs to be careful with the diet.

You're confusing two people smile.png

*I* go through almost 18 liters of water a day (or every 2 days) -- half drunk and the other half used to cook in or clean food/veg with.

*OP* is the one on the strict chicken & broc diet. (Although I do that a lot, not exclusively).

I do chicken & broc to get enough protein in so I don't rely on powders alone (I exercise so need about 200g/day). Plus I like it smile.png

I'll guess the OP has a sensitive tummy (or IBS) and needs to be careful with the diet.

Wow 9 litres a day! I thought I drink a lot of water, usually around 4-4.5 litres a day & I do exercise & lift weights most days.

I've never got why anyone would take any protein powders, it's incredibly easy to eat that miniscule amount of protein needed to put on muscle. One meal I could easily eat way more than the apparent required protein to build muscle.

Archived