Scottish dad fears ex-soldier son is murder victim after he goes missing during trip to Thailand

webfact

Yup there's another one for sure.... R.I.P where ever you are....11yrs here for me now and I hate this country, my plans to return home are coming soon....it's a bitter and brutal country once you look deeper into the people who live here.....bye bye Lieland

Why bitter ??? Open ur eyes ? and u see it all the first day.. The smile ? is a way to handle this rough place look how many women work as hookers or as paid wifes etc look and see how strong corruption and violence prevails everywher if u are ok with it. like me don't give a shit ? just take it easy and stay away of the hard people cause there are plenty there is good and bad in every place of the world Thailand SUREis no exception but all this up can see on ur first holiday here the facade the con or just look online country statistics traffic death a year etc so its all an open book

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prostitutes are (secondary through life experiences) sociopaths. No feelings, no remorse and no pity, living in their own imaginary world and society seeing the world through their own pocket only. Unfortunately these characters are in any society and in every occupation.

wonder of the guy he got in a fight with was his girls new man. bar girls are amazing at manipulating their customers. you never know what a thai is thinking behind their smile. i know a couple guys who thought they had great relationships who got dumped and told their girl always hated them. i have 2 kids with a thai girl and we get along ok. i pay her a monthly salary. i am worth more to her alive so hopefully it will stay that way.

What kind of psychotic image does this give to your kids?

That their mum needs to be paid to be a mum and a wife?

That there are the product of business deal?

Good luck with years of therapy to fix that !

Why the prominence of the "ex-soldier" meme...is the dad trying imply he's some kind of tough guy or something? I highly doubt he was often visiting Pattaya to see his daughter.

What a terrible thing to say - how on earth would you know? At least he doesn't live there.

Yup there's another one for sure.... R.I.P where ever you are....11yrs here for me now and I hate this country, my plans to return home are coming soon....it's a bitter and brutal country once you look deeper into the people who live here.....bye bye Lieland

Well said. Ditto plans.

Fine, and after you've left please don't comment on TV. I am so fed up with these bitter people. Take some responsibility for your own faults, please. I've lived here for 35 years. Maybe my experience has been so much more pleasant because I mostly lived far away from other farangs.

Better luck with the remaining 50% you haven't tried yet!

Since one must be very carful not to post personal insults on TV, I would only say that those who post this kind of anti-Thai women insults generally fall into the 100% ahole's category. Allegedly.

aha, a true genius is amongst us now and has joined the chat!

so especially for u (very slowly, with whiteboard if needed): let's say thai bg's/hookers maybe 0,1% of thai females (in fact much less i guess)... so that makes the evil ones 0,05. so on all thai women that is insignificant... so far for bashing "Thai women" .

coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

ps. i don't need luck (with hookers) as i have a brain (and stay clear of hookers) clap2.gifthumbsup.gif

So, brain of Britain, how did You deduce that "50% of these girls have no ethics and are psychopatic and emotionally dead"?

wonder of the guy he got in a fight with was his girls new man. bar girls are amazing at manipulating their customers. you never know what a thai is thinking behind their smile. i know a couple guys who thought they had great relationships who got dumped and told their girl always hated them. i have 2 kids with a thai girl and we get along ok. i pay her a monthly salary. i am worth more to her alive so hopefully it will stay that way.

You married someone that you don't know what they are thinking?

You give your wife a salary! What for exactly?

No wonder you get along ok.

i have been living in thailand for 10 years and running a business employing thai people. one thai single mother was working for me for a long time. she was great and i paid her extra money, helped her out when ever i could, helped her move apartment with my pickup a few times. people would joke about us and i would reply she is like my sister as i had no romantic interest in her. in the end she quit one day over a very small matter and wont even look at me if i see her in public. this is just one example of how hard it is to read thais. you may think you know your girl but they can hold a small grudge against you for years without ever showing it.

i have 2 kids with a thai girl, she works full time raising them, she needs money for food and diapers and associated expenses. paying a set salary helps me to budget my expenditure and keeps her spending her money carefully.

back to the topic, hope they find up where this guy ended up. someone must know who the guy is who he got in a fight with when he was last seen. dosent sound like the officials are doing much about it.

I hear you and know exactly what you are talking about.

That aspect, seen amongst the many small minded idiosyncrasies of the Thai people, is engrained into their mentality from the day they were born as they will learn to practice it their whole life and learn it from the other Thai people who also practice that kind of mentality.

Any number of minor events or circumstances could result in you being alienated.

In most cases, it is better that way as who wants to be further associated with a person or persons who are like that while it becomes painfully obvious they are not mature enough to get over being butt hurt over some small matter.

On top of it all, they will go about gossiping and bad mouthing you to no end while fabricating total lies about what really happened between the 2 of you....just like people everywhere in the world do...So..... We learn that the Thais also are not above being small minded and immature in that regard.

Just one more thing to keep in mind when dealing with the mentality of "most" Thai people

Cheers

Yep, a good few expats are in the "bitter" category.

Plenty in the 'suspicious death' category too; from what I've read!

the only training that can ever prepare you for the Thais is to live here for at least 10 years. After that if you haven't seen it all then you never will.

I've been living in Thailand well over 15 years, and I thought I'd seen it all.....until I read your post.

I believe this case may be another one of those cases where the man was associating with the wrong people, in the wrong places at the wrong time.

The police have so many cases and so many of them unsolved I doubt if they will have to the time to follow up on this one.

Meantime....trace and track down and follow the ex wife and more than likely the mystery will be solved.

A good private detective should be able to provide many of the answers and help clear up many of the doubts.

Cheers

How is it that the topic is about a father who has gone missing and presumed murdered and all you children on TV can do is bicker with each other.

Grow up already.

Well done Rayk, Steve is a close mate, a great lad who absolutely adores his daughter, he is dependable, organised he does not just dissapear... he like millions of people married and divorced, he actually lasted a lot longer married than i am sure half of the absolute nuggets posting on this forum.. he married because he loved, his daughter was the result of love and he was sure not going to let her suffer because that marriage failed. he spoke to her twice a day, made sure money was there for the daughter, he is a great dad and probably a better ex husband than most of us are husbands. ,

He is loyal, honest and possibly a better man than me, he has not been seen, everyone is worried,his parents must be beside themselves as you would if your child went missing, no matter how old, your still a parent and they are still a child. Yet all the majority of you lot can do is make assumptions, slag each other off, with the odd concerned person, the odd bit of humanity towards Stevens plight and that of his friends and family, Be a forum, be a group of people, dont bombard this forum with trash, use it to pass on your thoughts to parents desperate, to a daughter that just wants her dad, post photos, keep your eyes and ears open and if murder has been committed, help bring the guilty to bear.

Before you go posting on sights like this, just stop. think. and at least be respectful of the topic.. if you lot want to bash expats abroad, or oldies, or thai working girts etc then i am sure there are forum topics to do so... not on the topic of someone missing presumed murdered.

Fantastic first post...straight to the jugular of this totally disingenuous forum. God bless the missing Scotsman.

How many relationships have you guys had back in your own country? sounds like not many. You never can be sure of anyone anywhere, married to myfirst wife for15years when it all went belly up i was shocked live with someone 15 years and then have them tell you I do not think I ever loved you is a real eye opner. Or loan money to someone who you have known for years and the stiff you, this person had borrowed money from me before and paid it back but the last time haven't seen her in years.

The commits here just tells the world a lot of the peoplehere have never had much experience with women inthere own country, it is not just Thai ladies who will take you to the cleaners it is world wide.

Better luck with the remaining 50% you haven't tried yet!

Since one must be very carful not to post personal insults on TV, I would only say that those who post this kind of anti-Thai women insults generally fall into the 100% ahole's category. Allegedly.

aha, a true genius is amongst us now and has joined the chat!

so especially for u (very slowly, with whiteboard if needed): let's say thai bg's/hookers maybe 0,1% of thai females (in fact much less i guess)... so that makes the evil ones 0,05. so on all thai women that is insignificant... so far for bashing "Thai women" .

coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

ps. i don't need luck (with hookers) as i have a brain (and stay clear of hookers) clap2.gifthumbsup.gif

So, brain of Britain, how did You deduce that "50% of these girls have no ethics and are psychopatic and emotionally dead"?
Common sense and People skills learned me. Ps. I'm offended u think I'm Britain. 555. I dont watch football, I'm not trashy, I'm capable of speaking foreign languages... 555

Gents this topic is about a missing guy who might be dead. The pro's and con's of Thai women is not really the issue it's all about a missing man/dad. Can somebody start a new topic ' Do Thai girls make good girlfriends or wives' and let everybody post on that if they feel that strongly about it.

Gents, this topic is about a missing guy who might be dead. The pro's and con's of Thai women is not really the issue it's all about a missing man/dad. Can somebody start a new topic ' Do Thai girls make good girlfriends or wives' and let everybody comment on that if they feel that strongly about it.

Does she let you have fun with her salary?

not sure i understand you. she spends what she has to on the kids and does what ever she wants with the rest. i dont have any say over what she spends it on and i dont care as long as the kids are looked after. this is all getting a bit off topic.

Not really. It's very much on topic.

Is your country safer ?

Bye bye.

Is your wife Thai, or are you another Monger ?

I suspect, you never met her in Central Plaza.

It certainly doesn't look good for the Scot ... the comment to a friend about his former wife is telling ... was he threatened in the past by her? The altercation with a large American may be a red herring, a one-off fight that's done and dusted.

I hope that his family find out what happened. It's disturbing to hear that the Embassy has done little ... they appear only to take action when a matter is publicised.

Thailand does have an ugly side and certain areas and people-types are best avoided.

Staying away from expat forums would be a good start if you hate the country.

I've lived here 3 times as long as you and personally love the country and the people - good riddance.

We moved back to UK 4 yrs ago for my daughter schooling been missing Thailand every day since an i lived there 13 yrs ..... try the UK its a proper shit hole

facts: less then 60 days and stuff in hotel

lets see could it be a beach break thats taking longer then usual, or needy worried relatives?

i go for months without reporting in, sometimes i leave my hotel and passport,

im still very much alive

He works rotation in Iraq. Probably only 2 weeks leave.

Pattaya tattood darkskin bargirl as a wife. Excellent decision ?... Love kills.

Nothing wrong with dark skin but tattoos and Pattaya says it all, how sad. I hope justice prevails.

Loads of Thai women have tattoos, from superstars to university students, to those rebelling against a conservative society to women who are fans of rock/metal bands or who just like tattoos. Perhaps the Pattaya thing is the greater indicator. To be honest though, I'm not here to judge anyone's appearance, I'm more concerned about where he is and the child involved.

WRONG, only hookers have them, a good Thai woman would never get one.

Staying away from expat forums would be a good start if you hate the country.

I've lived here 3 times as long as you and personally love the country and the people - good riddance.

We moved back to UK 4 yrs ago for my daughter schooling been missing Thailand every day since an i lived there 13 yrs ..... try the UK its a proper shit hole
Nice to hear. I often regret not moving back for my kids to get a better education.

Archived