Scottish dad fears ex-soldier son is murder victim after he goes missing during trip to Thailand

webfact

wonder of the guy he got in a fight with was his girls new man. bar girls are amazing at manipulating their customers. you never know what a thai is thinking behind their smile. i know a couple guys who thought they had great relationships who got dumped and told their girl always hated them. i have 2 kids with a thai girl and we get along ok. i pay her a monthly salary. i am worth more to her alive so hopefully it will stay that way.

You married someone that you don't know what they are thinking?

You give your wife a salary! What for exactly?

No wonder you get along ok.

How about you go tell your wife you have to sell her car you bought for her, and see how long she stays with you after that.

Well she has been with me for over 20 years. We are a married couple, we have joint bank accounts. Both cars are in my name anyway and my elder son uses his mothers car most of the time. Don't jump to conclusions based on your own experiences with Thai women.

I wanted to answer you but i see others did before me. I am happy that she isnt milking you in any way. You are probably not the one financing her and her family. And you probably havent bought the cars, house etc in company name. I guess she is working and taking care of you, son and rest of her family and she bought the cars, house, land for you . The only account you have is those in Thailand and you have none outside.

In one way or another she is BENEFITTING from you and thats what we talk about. I guess you also pay the cars and insurances that she drives or? I can keep on going but i will stop here.

You could also be that lucky guy and then i salut you.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattaya tattood darkskin bargirl as a wife. Excellent decision ?... Love kills.

Pattaya bar girl with at least 10 foreign sponsors and a Thai husband, excellent decision, always end with divorce and fighting about child custody.

Yup there's another one for sure.... R.I.P where ever you are....11yrs here for me now and I hate this country, my plans to return home are coming soon....it's a bitter and brutal country once you look deeper into the people who live here.....bye bye Lieland

Thailand was ok in the 90's, never got any death threats and insults like today, they hate most foreigners if you don't give them money, ladydrinks, free food etc. Lieland or Land Of Scam is not a place to live anymore.

wonder of the guy he got in a fight with was his girls new man. bar girls are amazing at manipulating their customers. you never know what a thai is thinking behind their smile. i know a couple guys who thought they had great relationships who got dumped and told their girl always hated them. i have 2 kids with a thai girl and we get along ok. i pay her a monthly salary. i am worth more to her alive so hopefully it will stay that way.

What kind of psychotic image does this give to your kids?

That their mum needs to be paid to be a mum and a wife?

That there are the product of business deal?

Good luck with years of therapy to fix that !

about half of all marriages in the west now end up in divorce. where children are involved the father normally ends up making child support payments. will all of these children grow up needing therapy?

seems i have to call it a housing allowance to keep all the moaners happy. my kids are great, happy and active. i am lucky and have the resources to give them a great up bringing and their mum is 100% devoted to them. doubt there will be anything to fix in the future but i guess you never know. really getting annoyed with having to defend myself over nothing to do with the topic of this article.

about half of all marriages in the west now end up in divorce. where children are involved the father ends up making child support payments. will all of these childer grow up needing therapy

Nothing wrong with dark skin but tattoos and Pattaya says it all, how sad. I hope justice prevails.

Loads of Thai women have tattoos, from superstars to university students, to those rebelling against a conservative society to women who are fans of rock/metal bands or who just like tattoos. Perhaps the Pattaya thing is the greater indicator. To be honest though, I'm not here to judge anyone's appearance, I'm more concerned about where he is and the child involved.

i'm talking the COMBINATION of the 4: tattoo+bargirl+pattaya+dark skin. Recipe for disaster... 50% of these girls have no ethics and are psychopatic and emotionally dead.

You must be an expert?

rolleyes.gif

With a delay of more than a month before ringing the bell, I fear he's a goner! Most likely the fight was about his daughter who most certainly has been parked with grandma or some "uncle" somewhere in Issaan until she's old enough to bcome a valuable "asset". The photo, the eyes and the staged "smile" of Nan tell me more than I even want to know... sad.png

His wife posted a few weeks back on FB asking whether friends etc had seen him.

Known them both 10+ years.

Yup there's another one for sure.... R.I.P where ever you are....11yrs here for me now and I hate this country, my plans to return home are coming soon....it's a bitter and brutal country once you look deeper into the people who live here.....bye bye Lieland

Thailand was ok in the 90's, never got any death threats and insults like today, they hate most foreigners if you don't give them money, ladydrinks, free food etc. Lieland or Land Of Scam is not a place to live anymore.

I put the birth of the internet as one of the main reasons thai society has disintergrated ......

Nothing wrong with dark skin but tattoos and Pattaya says it all, how sad. I hope justice prevails.

Nothing wrong with dark skin..check the stats on crime caused by race of a darker tone...

Loads of Thai women have tattoos, from superstars to university students, to those rebelling against a conservative society to women who are fans of rock/metal bands or who just like tattoos. Perhaps the Pattaya thing is the greater indicator. To be honest though, I'm not here to judge anyone's appearance, I'm more concerned about where he is and the child involved.

Women with tats is a red flag...sorry to say.

Does she let you have fun with her salary?

not sure i understand you. she spends what she has to on the kids and does what ever she wants with the rest. i dont have any say over what she spends it on and i dont care as long as the kids are looked after. this is all getting a bit off topic.

should have just called it house keeping money and not a salary

This evening I am sad beyond belief to think that a young decent guy, doing the right thing and taking care of his daughter and his ex wife, however much they grew to dislike ex wife should meet his end doing the right thing.

I hope,dearly hope that he is out there somewhere and is well.

This evening I am sad beyond belief to think that a young decent guy, doing the right thing and taking care of his daughter and his ex wife, however much they grew to dislike ex wife should meet his end doing the right thing.

I hope,dearly hope that he is out there somewhere and is well.

Firstly nobody knows if he has 'met his end'. Secondly if he wanted to do the 'right thing' he should by all means pay some maintenance to his child but also cut himself out of her life. He would never be a 'dad' with visits once or twice a year he is just an obstacle, not allowing either his child or his ex wife to get on with their lives. His ex will meet someone else one day and the daughter will come to accept the new husband as papa, the last thing they need is a foreigner turning up once a year playing daddy and bringing up old memories. If he has met his end then by Asian standards it is almost understandable.

How is it that the topic is about a father who has gone missing and presumed murdered and all you children on TV can do is bicker with each other.

Grow up already.

Well done Rayk, Steve is a close mate, a great lad who absolutely adores his daughter, he is dependable, organised he does not just dissapear... he like millions of people married and divorced, he actually lasted a lot longer married than i am sure half of the absolute nuggets posting on this forum.. he married because he loved, his daughter was the result of love and he was sure not going to let her suffer because that marriage failed. he spoke to her twice a day, made sure money was there for the daughter, he is a great dad and probably a better ex husband than most of us are husbands. ,

He is loyal, honest and possibly a better man than me, he has not been seen, everyone is worried,his parents must be beside themselves as you would if your child went missing, no matter how old, your still a parent and they are still a child. Yet all the majority of you lot can do is make assumptions, slag each other off, with the odd concerned person, the odd bit of humanity towards Stevens plight and that of his friends and family, Be a forum, be a group of people, dont bombard this forum with trash, use it to pass on your thoughts to parents desperate, to a daughter that just wants her dad, post photos, keep your eyes and ears open and if murder has been committed, help bring the guilty to bear.

Before you go posting on sights like this, just stop. think. and at least be respectful of the topic.. if you lot want to bash expats abroad, or oldies, or thai working girts etc then i am sure there are forum topics to do so... not on the topic of someone missing presumed murdered.

You are right in a way but what makes this news is that he didn't may like millions of other people, he married a Pattaya woman,with tattoos.We all know what that means although many who also have done it are in denial.

I hope your friend turns up alive.

She had tattoo's, so please expand your childish and stupid statement of "that means"-- what does it mean exactly?

Like other misleading stories... Or not?

An American fought and knocked out missing Steve, prior to him going missing..

So, unless Steve had a life insurance policy..

Why why would the wife have him killed?

That's if he's even dead?

Im wondering why she would kill him, dead, she gets nothing!! alive she at least gets,or should get, some form of support, I take it the

fall out during divorce was about money? they normally are. And as he was visiting i presume he was at least helping support the child financially? Anyway all speculative until its not But missing for a month, don't sound to good .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Most bitter men can't understand women. That's why they think banging a different whore each night is having an amazing sexy time, and why a lot of whores don't even know what good sex is either, because both of them are fracking clueless about each other. They both inevitably become cynical and blame the other for being Thai or falang.

Me too, and let's wait for the police what they find out, maybe it has nothing to do with the ex-wife!!!

And in the meantime, I think that in this country you could come to meet your demise by the hands of an office worker just as well, her type of job is irrelevant here, I believe....

Pals of missing dad fear Thai wife played part in disappearance after he was 'knocked out in bar'

post-247607-0-96008100-1466212100_thumb.

Soldier Steve Balfour was on one of his regular trips to see his six-year-old daughter - but told friend if anything happened to him, it'd be his ex-wife's fault

The family of a father who disappeared in Thailand over a month ago believe he has been killed following reports he was knocked unconscious by a “large American”.

Former soldier Steve Balfour disappeared on one of his regular trips to the country to see his six-year-old daughter Georgina, who lives with her Thai mum in Pattaya.

He has not been seen since May 14, and his passport and belongings were found in his hotel room.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pals-missing-dad-fear-thai-8214134

- Mirror 2016-06-18

You married someone that you don't know what they are thinking?

You give your wife a salary! What for exactly?

No wonder you get along ok.

people would joke about us and i would reply she is like my sister as i had no romantic interest in her. in the end she quit one day over a very small matter and wont even look at me if i see her in public. this is just one example of how hard it is to read thais.

Well, a small issue to most people, can be a big issue to a few..

Not just Thais...

And..

You may think, you can read into what people are thinking..

But I'm sure, some of those great employees of yours, really dislike you..

Your ex-employee, the one that was just like a sister to you..

She didn't think of you as a brother, and was just putting up with the situation, and did quit over a little issue??

What's a young, good looking, healthy guy doing married to a brass?

I know that's a bit blunt, so apologies to any who're offended.

That's most likely why she married him, and not a 50 year old, overweight farang...

What's a young, good looking, healthy guy doing married to a brass?

I know that's a bit blunt, so apologies to any who're offended.

That's most likely why she married him, and not a 50 year old, overweight farang...

But why did he marry her?

Archived