Krabi locals pray to fossil for lottery win

webfact

Krabi locals pray to fossil for lottery win
Phuket Gazette

kbb.jpeg
Locals pray over the approximately 245 million year old fossil for winning lottery numbers. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

KRABI: -- Locals prayed over an age-old fossil earlier this week, hoping to receive blessings in the shape of a winning lottery ticket.

The fossil was among others discovered when Wutthichai Rodkoom was dredging his land with a backhoe in Khlong Thapsai, Khlong Thom District, in April. Each stone weighed a few hundred kilograms.

“I didn’t realize the stones were fossils until some neighbors posted pictures of them on social media,” said Mr Wuttichai.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Krabi-locals-pray-fossil-lottery-win/64086?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-06-17

“I didn’t realize the stones were fossils until some neighbors posted pictures of them on social media,” said Mr Wuttichai.

... fossilized what ??

Fossils (from Classical Latin fossilis; literally, "obtained by digging")[1] are the preserved remains or traces of animals, plants, and other organisms from the remote past​.

... fossilized what ??

Fossils (from Classical Latin fossilis; literally, "obtained by digging")[1] are the preserved remains or traces of animals, plants, and other organisms from the remote past​.

It looks like an Ammonite. They are one of the oldest fossils known and are found in most of the world.I have seen them from a one inch across to almost three feet across. Though I have never known one to give lottery numbers but As Trink put it TIT..

... fossilized what ??

Thank you for posting a dictionary definition of "fossil", but I am not sure why you posted it.

However, you could have saved time by actually reading the article rather than expecting somebody else to do it for you. You will find all you need to know there.

Archived