Buying Gold Jewelry in Thailand

Malthus101

• 3 months later...

I would like to buy a gold  chain and   ' name   gold pendant '.

With  either the first initial  (E)  or the full name (  Emma)  written in

Thai.

Tried Pattaya  and failed  ,  can anyone recommend somewhere in Bangkok ?

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

wow, I work in the jewelry industry in Bang Rak, I do not sell gold or any jewelry, I sell the machines which are needed for production, 3D wax printers, Jewelry design software etc..

Just go to the JTC on Silom road or Gem tower, very close to the JTC, every shop will have certificates proving the stones or product they sell are legit OR if you have time you should go to the gem and jewelry fair in Bangkok next month, my work are exhibiting there so I will be there everyday but I think one of the days is open to general public.

that is 100% the best place to buy jewelry, companies spend a lot of money setting up there and the jewelry and stone people will want to sell, you can negotiate. if you don't have time to go there, just walk about mahesak road, silom road, sathorn area, bangrak, there are hundreds of options.

who ever said there's a lot of fake gold is talking bullshit. there isnt 

In fact, jewelry is one Thailand’s best exports, no1 would risk the reputation of selling false products, Pandora has 15,000 people working in there factory here.

imagine the effect of people selling shitty goods, all OEM factories would be inspected and lose there contracts to lucrative western jewelers. It’s protected industry.

even the annoying gem dealers from god knows where are heavily regulated.

Plus, you can take whatever you have baught to a machinist in the jewelry area and check the exact materials inside, so my platinum ring came up saying 95.35% platinum and 4% of other metals, you can check if your diamonds are original or synthetic - synthetic is not fake, it’s just more than one diamond stuck together - less value

12 hours ago, Jack100 said:

Sean  ,   you  certainly have knowledge   - do you  know where I   can buy a "name " or initial pendant in Thailand  as per

my  query a few posts above  - thanks , Jack

What ever you want doing, if you seen something similar or have a design in your head, just sketch it down - if you seen it on google or in another store DO NOT send the link cos of copyright they won’t touch it, but u can save the image and zoom in or something.

first you send your design a CAD department they will turn your image into a 3D .stl file that a 3D printer can read, get it printed by the same people into wax or resin, that’s your prototype, once you have that it’s the. Up to you which metal you want it casted I’m, silver, gold, white gold, pink gold, platinum (steer clear of platinum in Thailand).

You will be pleasantly surprised how much it costs, the most expensive part is probably the CAD (computer aided design).

i really recommend you Goto the first and second floor of the BIS building on Mahesak road, it’s just near the holiday inn in silom.

go there and on the shop windows they will have signs saying “design print and cast, one stop service” you will see all the workers producing the jewelry by hand through the shop windows.

Print is 500baht max, design is 1000 max, casting and material it depends what you use.

• 3 months later...

Seanbhoy ,   I got this ( two actually ) made at Master Pui's laser shop at the BIS building , Mahasak Road .

As you said it was very reasonable the cost of the gold about 7000 baht and the work only another 1500 baht .

Very pleased with the result .

Seems it's a gold repair shop, incredibly busy , ask for Bell , she speaks some Englsih .

Thanks again.

Archived