Northern Irish teenager dies after falling from Bangkok condo

rooster59

Jules was a great kid.... The news changes the story to make Thailand look bad like if everyone only come here to do drugs or girls... shame on them for writing something that is not true and not having the full facts

First off he was not from Northern Ireland he was for Liverpool

Second he lived with his Brother and his Brothers wife (Whom were not home at the time of the accident)

Third he didn't do drugs... He had a headache and took pills for it just like we all do... So to make the story interesting throw in some Ketamine to get the trolls going...

Forth he was a good kid that loved the bible and teaching others about it...

Jules you will be missed my friend

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What kind of parents would let a 17 year old go to Bangkok unsupervised?

Stupid, ignorant, and irresponsible ones.

Unless of course the other male and female where is parents,

or his brother / sister etc and they are orphaned.

( Brother and sister in law as I just saw above.)

Many plausible reasons, but clearly greater supervision may have been needed.

Or the drugs for his headache were far stronger than what he expected.

Still a kid can find trouble in the backwoods if he is inclined that way.

And sometimes if he is not.

RIP to the young man.

Edited by animatic

When I was seventeen, my parents would not dare tell me where I could go or not go.

They knew they would get told where to go to if they even tried.

I'm guessing they couldn't wait for you to leave home either.

When I was seventeen, my parents would not dare tell me where I could go or not go.

They knew they would get told where to go to if they even tried.

I'm guessing they couldn't wait for you to leave home either.

When my daughter left home at 17 I tried everything I could to get her to stay......2 weeks after she left I was wondering why I had not kicked her out 2 years before:)

"You clearly know nothing about Samut Prakarn, nor that Sukhumvit 109 is only a short walk to the BTS.

There also many international schools nearby, given his age he may have been attending one.

Anyway such a tragedy at such a young age."

Thanks for your input but I think I'll take the word of my ex-teacher,who was BORN in Samut Prakan,RAISED in Samut Prakan,SCHOOLED in Samut Prakan,WORKED in Samut Prakan and his wife still LIVES there with him in Samut Prakan. rolleyes.gif

Over the word of someone with a picture of Tower Bridge,London just like I might take your word over his as to where to go for the best jellied eels,pie,mash & liquor or a good old-fashioned knees-up around the old Joanna! wai2.gif

Tourist dying from condo falls for 20+ years. If 30 plus tourists were dying in Australia every year Procedures would be put in place, ie minimum railing levels or security screens, they wouldn't be sitting back after 20 years and say <deleted>, I'm buggered and have no idea to prevent these tragedies.

Almost 1% of all deaths in Australia are from falling, over 1384 in 2008, 35 of which were from buildings, they saw a 54% increase between 2003 and 2008, what did they do about it?

Yeah but they're on the bottom part of the world, so it's pretty easy to fall off if you're not careful.

"Jules was a great kid.... The news changes the story to make Thailand look bad like if everyone only come here to do drugs or girls... shame on them for writing something that is not true and not having the full facts

Second he lived with his Brother and his Brothers wife (Whom were not home at the time of the accident)

Third he didn't do drugs... He had a headache and took pills for it just like we all do... So to make the story interesting throw in some Ketamine to get the trolls going...

Jules you will be missed my friend"

There's a lot more to this story than is being reported...as usual...TiT! rolleyes.gif

Sad indeed to lose such a young life.I am not sure what he was doing at this time in bkk?

How many people fell to their feath in Thailand this year? How many of those were THAI? Can any one enlighten me plz

Interestingly, when a thai falls to there death the consensus here on tv is that they were an idiot - a Ket fuelled white Kid however must have been pushed

Thai visa gives you the news you want to read, for most here a dead local is not news.

"Interestingly, when a thai falls to there death the consensus here on tv is that they were an idiot - a Ket fuelled white Kid however must have been pushed

Thai visa gives you the news you want to read, for most here a dead local is not news."

The report begins with the guy apparently being from Northern Ireland when he's from Liverpool and goes downhill from there.We are being told that he didn't do drugs and his brother and sister weren't there at the time,why should we believe a single word that's written after that? rolleyes.gif

My Thai teacher was from Samut Prakan and it's just a small town outside Bangkok,mostly full of Japanese students and a fish canning factory that he used to work in as a kid to pay for his schooling,so what the Hell were three Irish tourists doing there in the first place? blink.png

Might be an airport there as well? Funny name something like Swampy lol.

Might be more to Samut Prakan than your teacher told you ?.

Fireball88 seems to be a personal friend of his so this is what we know so far thanks to him :

1.) He was from Liverpool and NOT Northern Ireland.

2.) His brother and sister were not at home when the fall happened.

3.) He didn't do drugs.

Hardly an open and shut case as the BiB seem to think is it?Young foreigner,a lot of noise made at the time the fall happened,family not around does it get any more suspicious than this?
Throwing in the drugs is just a typical Thailand cop-out if you ask me,disgraceful!

"Might be an airport there as well? Funny name something like Swampy lol.
Might be more to Samut Prakan than your teacher told you"

Let me make this simple for you,have a look at the link and scroll down to the map at the bottom.The red pin is Muang Samut Prakan and at the top right you will see Suvarnabhumi Airport.Incidentally I use to live in Prawet which is far closer to Suvarnabhumi Airport than Samut Prakan and amazingly,it's also NOT in Samut Prakan! rolleyes.gif

http://www.tourismthailand.org/About-Thailand/Destination/Samut-Prakan

You can't make this stuff up! Amazing Thailand.

Find out where the K came from (serious investigation), and there is the prime suspect mafia (police); maybe the young fella annoyed someone of 'significance' - easily fixed in the land of smiles. Glossy broachers with 'beautiful' sun bathed woman (maybe) and magnificent beaches (few plastic bags). Painkillers possibly paracetamol (6 looks like maybe a suicide attempt) what was really going on? Consequences can be serious here, of a dark and sinister underbelly - possibly. #1 rule protect the tourism.

Jules was a great kid.... The news changes the story to make Thailand look bad like if everyone only come here to do drugs or girls... shame on them for writing something that is not true and not having the full facts

Sorry to hear of your loss man, got to be so careful here. Mafia tried to knock me multiple times; some good choices but mainly luck prevented a successful attempt in hindsight. But I was acutely paranoid at the time, following being drugged for a period. A 17 year old would not stand a chance. They're not trolls, just taking what's stated as fact, maybe after contamination. Really sorry.

"Might be an airport there as well? Funny name something like Swampy lol.

Might be more to Samut Prakan than your teacher told you"

Let me make this simple for you,have a look at the link and scroll down to the map at the bottom.The red pin is Muang Samut Prakan and at the top right you will see Suvarnabhumi Airport.Incidentally I use to live in Prawet which is far closer to Suvarnabhumi Airport than Samut Prakan and amazingly,it's also NOT in Samut Prakan! rolleyes.gif

http://www.tourismthailand.org/About-Thailand/Destination/Samut-Prakan

On your map, in what province is Suvarnabhumi airport?

My Thai teacher was from Samut Prakan and it's just a small town outside Bangkok,mostly full of Japanese students and a fish canning factory that he used to work in as a kid to pay for his schooling,so what the Hell were three Irish tourists doing there in the first place? blink.png

Maybe it's changed a "bit":

"It is a town that dates back to the Ayutthaya period. Samut Prakan is home to numerous historical and cultural sites as well as such attractions as a crocodile farm, the Dinosaur Museum, Muang Boran Ancient City, and the Erawan Museum."

I've visited the Erewan Museum and the Thai Navy Museum. I'm hoping to visit the Ancient City which looks very large and I suspect will require more than a day.

On the western bank of the Chaopraya River (Samut Prakan province sits astride it) is Chulalchomklao Fort (featuring big guns on "disappearing" Moncrieff gun carriages) with an attached artillery park and the HTMS Maeklong (1937). Interesting if you like that sort of thing, which I do.

There are also several large and picturesque Wat but I doubt that I will visit them.

Irish tourists welcome at all locations.

Given the ease of commuting to/from Samut Prakan on the BTS it might also provide an inexpensive base for anyone visiting Bangkok on a limited budget.

Perhaps that's what they were doing there?

Edited by Enoon

Sorry to hear of your loss man, got to be so careful here. Mafia tried to knock me multiple times; some good choices but mainly luck prevented a successful attempt in hindsight. But I was acutely paranoid at the time, following being drugged for a period. A 17 year old would not stand a chance. They're not trolls, just taking what's stated as fact, maybe after contamination. Really sorry.

The white powder was from electrolyte drink that you mix with water... The packet was open and the police saw that it was from there. He had been sick for a couple days. I just want to set the facts straight.

1999 parenting style parents or parents who should have forgone kids and bought a dog instead.

If indeed he was there with His Brother and brother's wife as some people with knowledge of the situation have said, The parental neglect issue is moot.

Edited by sirineou

The white powder was from electrolyte drink that you mix with water... The packet was open and the police saw that it was from there. He had been sick for a couple days. I just want to set the facts straight.

And how do you know all this ? Were you there? We only have your word against what has been reported in the media.

CCTV footage from the condo shows Jules the hour before he jumped , he was outside the room and was walking around in a confused state before he went back to the room and jumped.

I am not saying you are wrong about the electrolyte drink , just curious how you could possibly know this without being there yourself.

Edited by balo

"Officers concluded that the cocktail of ketamine and painkillers had caused Mr Farrelly to hallucinate or believe he was being chased by someone which is why he jumped from the balcony."

Kids, if you're going to drop into an synthetic opioded K-hole, do it a thatched hut with a dirt floor and a hammock.

And not in a &lt;deleted&gt; HIGH-RISE CONDO WITH A BALCONY ***SAFETY HAZZARD***.

Don't be a knob head, 555

--------------------------------------------------

Funny, in 1966, when I was not yet 20 years, my government (USA) figured I was mature enough to be sent to Vietnam to help fight a war for them.

But that was a different time and a different place.