Northern Irish teenager dies after falling from Bangkok condo

rooster59

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of parents would let a 17 year old go to Bangkok unsupervised?

When I was seventeen, my parents would not dare tell me where I could go or not go.

They knew they would get told where to go to if they even tried.

I'm guessing they couldn't wait for you to leave home either.

My father anyway, I always stood up to him and he hated that, nobody pushed me around as a kid and nothing has changed.

Ok let's put this to bed.

"You must get the permission of someone with parental responsibility for a child or from a court before taking the child abroad.

Taking a child abroad without permission is child abduction. "

https://www.gov.uk/permission-take-child-abroad

the only question remaining is a 17 year old considered a child under UK law.

16 you can have your own passport and travel.

And you talking about "taking" which i understand, as before i needed letters from the parents of children i was taking on a day trip to France.

But "taking" and "child abduction" are not the same as an independent person living alone above 16 wanting to travel. nor should it be. If one is old enough to pay taxes, rent etc, one is old enough to travel alone.

the airline that operates the airplane the minor will take to Thailand is run by adults with out "parental responsibility"

for a fee they will take a person out of the country. Unless given authority by an other responsible entity, they would be in violation of the above regulation.

So the question remains is a 17 year old considered a child, or not? I looked up the age of emancipation in the UK and unless I got it wrong it is 18 years old. Is there an amendment to that in the UK allowing to travel with out permission at a lower age.

Sorry for taking this tread off topic, though the comment was made "what parent would let their 17 year old go to Thailand by then selves" and the retort was "a parent cant stop him"

It should be a simple issue.

I am not British and I don't know . from what I have found, it seems not, and i provided a link.

Many of you are British and have children. You should know the answer to this. Please provide a link to where it says a 17 year old in the UK can travel abroad with out parental permission, and it would be the last time you will hear me say anything else on this subject,

Though I do reserve the right to rant and rave on other subjectstongue.png

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/118782/children-policy.pdf

Consent is needed for children's passport applications until they become 16. From 10 December 2007 following ministerial approval, applications received from young people 16 and 17 years old do not need parental consent (with one exception). If it is clear from the information provided that the 16 or 17 year old has a mental disability and will be unable to understand the consequences of signing the declaration at section 9, we will also need consent from someone with parental responsibility - for example when the application has been completed on their behalf and the accompanying letter confirms that that the child is unable to make the application because of a mental disability.

What kind of parents would let a 17 year old go to Bangkok unsupervised?

the kind that don't give a rats ass about their kids!

The kind who understand one must learn about the world and that you can't live wrapped in cotton wool on your mother's tit all your life.

He was pushed.

On what do you base this or was it just an excuse to get your name in print?

How do you know? Did YOU push him? This is a tragedy, if you can't contribute something more constructive, better shut up!

Sad indeed to lose such a young life.I am not sure what he was doing at this time in bkk?

How many people fell to their feath in Thailand this year? How many of those were THAI? Can any one enlighten me plz

Do you think all Thai suicides are reported in the English news section ? If you read Thai you can read about suspicious deaths every week here.

Also, very few Thais live higher than the first floor. By comparison, many farang stay in high rise condos or hotels.

Are you for real? Very few Thais live above the first floor!!! Well, there are tens of thousands of condos in the country higher than...one...floor... So that means that millions of non thai's live above the first floor of every condo... If this wasn't a serious topic I'd collapse from laughter!

Jules was a great kid.... The news changes the story to make Thailand look bad like if everyone only come here to do drugs or girls... shame on them for writing something that is not true and not having the full facts

First off he was not from Northern Ireland he was for Liverpool

Second he lived with his Brother and his Brothers wife (Whom were not home at the time of the accident)

Third he didn't do drugs... He had a headache and took pills for it just like we all do... So to make the story interesting throw in some Ketamine to get the trolls going...

Forth he was a good kid that loved the bible and teaching others about it...

Jules you will be missed my friend

"He had a headache and took pills for it just like we all do..."

How do you know that? To make the story even more interesting why was the 'electrolyte powder' spread on the table?

"...he...loved the bible and teaching others about it..."

Oh, dear, does that say something about his state of mind perhaps?

17 is the age to experiment your limits with alcohol and most of us remember violent room spinning and physically holding on to the bed. Im guessing has was blind drunk and fooling around on the balcony and went over

And the ketamine and painkillers had nothing to do with it?

ah! special K! well i hazzard a quite good guess that

1. he might have been in the K hole which often makes you think you can fly....

2. it wouldnt have hurt much when he touched down....

if you dont know what im on about ask a tripper.....

Jules was a great kid.... The news changes the story to make Thailand look bad like if everyone only come here to do drugs or girls... shame on them for writing something that is not true and not having the full facts

Second he lived with his Brother and his Brothers wife (Whom were not home at the time of the accident)

Third he didn't do drugs... He had a headache and took pills for it just like we all do... So to make the story interesting throw in some Ketamine to get the trolls going...

How do you know that? To make the story even more interesting why was the 'electrolyte powder' spread on the table?

....hmmmm, alone in the room with a headache ALWAYS makes me make sooo much noise that staff are asked to *come up* and see what im up to

* pun not intended.

Exactly, he was a Jehovas Witness , and was living in BKK for 6 months together with his JW family. They have very strict rules of what they are allowed to do , even to have an FB page like he had is considered a sin . JW's are not allowed to mix with us normal people. I think he had enough of the religion and found a way out.

"Exactly, he was a Jehovas Witness , and was living in BKK for 6 months together with his JW family."

If what you're trying to push on people was actually useful like iPhones or Google, you wouldn't have to sell it.

If all you got is pure horse shit, then hit the streets and sell, sell, sell.

The kid was having a 'night terror' which he hasn't

Had since he was about 10. The powder was electrolyte tables crushed up. He was running up and down the corridors as if someone is chasing him in a dream, Not halusinating from pills. He is from Liverpool, not Ireland. The people in his from was his older sister and her husband who went to Bankok with permission from his parents because he had 'supervision' from his family. Oh and the sister and his husband, there my auntie and uncle so I know this stuff

"The kid was having a 'night terror' which he hasn't
Had since he was about 10. The powder was electrolyte tables crushed up. He was running up and down the corridors as if someone is chasing him in a dream, Not halusinating from pills. He is from Liverpool, not Ireland. The people in his from was his older sister and her husband who went to Bankok with permission from his parents because he had 'supervision' from his family."

So you know him personally then?I think that most people are interested in removing the slurs placed on this poor little kid's name over the use of Ketamine etc.A typical non-investigation by the RTP,he was drunk and high on drugs,another foreign suicide case closed! sad.png

"The kid was having a 'night terror' which he hasn't Had since he was about 10. The powder was electrolyte tables crushed up. He was running up and down the corridors as if someone is chasing him in a dream, Not halusinating from pills."

Is there anyone here that can translate whatever language this is into proper English????

"The kid was having a 'night terror' which he hasn't

Had since he was about 10. The powder was electrolyte tables crushed up. He was running up and down the corridors as if someone is chasing him in a dream, Not halusinating from pills. He is from Liverpool, not Ireland. The people in his from was his older sister and her husband who went to Bankok with permission from his parents because he had 'supervision' from his family."

So you know him personally then?I think that most people are interested in removing the slurs placed on this poor little kid's name over the use of Ketamine etc.A typical non-investigation by the RTP,he was drunk and high on drugs,another foreign suicide case closed! sad.png

yes I know him personally. He's my aunties brother. He was so happy on his trip that he wouldn't even think of suicide. Look mate if you think you know him more than I do then your a bit mental

"The kid was having a 'night terror' which he hasn't Had since he was about 10. The powder was electrolyte tables crushed up. He was running up and down the corridors as if someone is chasing him in a dream, Not halusinating from pills."

Is there anyone here that can translate whatever language this is into proper English????

what more do you want

"yes I know him personally. He's my aunties brother. He was so happy on his trip that he wouldn't even think of suicide. Look mate if you think you know him more than I do then your a bit mental"

Where did I say that I knew him at all?I'm afraid it's yourself that is beginning to come across as being a bit mental here! blink.png

Reads fine. You are just reading it too fast.

People don't understand that I personally know Jules and that I'm related to him yet you think I'm lying about him.

The ones that knew Jules, know you are not lying. Some folk are blind and believe whatever they want to believe... The ones that know the truth have a great memory of a great, happy, loving kid.

Jules was a great kid, he will be missed.... prayers for you and your family.

Bible bashers are great people with great hearts that wish the best for those that don't know...

Jules wasn't unspervised he was staying with his sister and brother in law whom had left him in bed as he was unwell and was not far from the apartment this is a very tragic accident so be respectful and non judgmental

Jules is my cousin he did not commit suicide nor was he using drugs . The most kindest young man around

Also he is from Liverpool not Northern Ireland

A tragic accident yet you all wanna sit and speculate whilst we as a family are suffering so don't believe in all the nasty slander and stop contributing to it all

"Jules is my cousin he did not commit suicide nor was he using drugs ."

Speculation, not based on facts. Toxicologist report?

You weren't with him 24/7 prior to the time of death. You don't "know" he didn't experiment with drugs.

Doesn't matter if he was Jehovah, Mormon or a preacher's son. Kids make mistakes and do Stupid things, even kids in religious families.

Your opinion and speculation is no more valid than anyone else's, alright?

Archived