Visiting Krusapa for a teacher's licence

I've gotta go and get a new provisional teacher's licence from Krusapa, but the last time I got one was ages ago and my boss did it via fax. Although knowing how slack my school usually is with paperwork, I was thinking I'll go in person this time, and then I can maybe help our Chinese teachers to get their ones as well.

Other than my degree + I guess a letter from the school & my passport, what else will I need to take with me?

Also I previously read that Krusapa wanted people to get a letter sent from their school addressed to Krusapa in order to get their licence waiver. Are they actually enforcing this? And if so, is it something you have to get sent there before you apply for your licence, or do you do it after you've applied?

You might need a new Thai culture course as well. Please see attached files.

http://site.ksp.or.th/download.php?site=englishsite&SiteMenuID=29

And when you come in and you see the gloved guy, please avoid eye contact.......biggrin.png

P.S. And please answer the last three questions on Kor Sor 10 with yes.

Kor Sor 10.pdf

Needed documents for TCT.pdf

And when you come in and you see the gloved guy, please avoid eye contact.......biggrin.png

Don't forget the criminal background check as well... I heard this was a new requirement for foreigners but not sure if it is being fully enforced yet

Don't forget the criminal background check as well... I heard this was a new requirement for foreigners but not sure if it is being fully enforced yet

Isn't that a requirement for a Non-B visa which existed already a long time.

But they started to enforce it now and quite a few guys came back on a tourist visa.

I've never heard that TCT wants a criminal check.

Awesome thanks, that's exactly the kind of information I was after :)

Don't have my transcript so will probably have to get one sent over (My grades weren't great so I never bothered getting one in the past), but otherwise should be pretty straight forward. My culture course was 2-3 years ago I think but hopefully it's still acceptable, although even if it isn't I passed 2/4 of the license exams & got a Thai certificate from Chula so that should be enough to show professional development anyway (it'll only be my 2nd license not 3rd).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks, that's exactly the kind of information I was after smile.png

Don't have my transcript so will probably have to get one sent over (My grades weren't great so I never bothered getting one in the past), but otherwise should be pretty straight forward. My culture course was 2-3 years ago I think but hopefully it's still acceptable, although even if it isn't I passed 2/4 of the license exams & got a Thai certificate from Chula so that should be enough to show professional development anyway (it'll only be my 2nd license not 3rd).

Sly, you won't get another waiver without transcripts, even some Immigration officers want to see them. ( Not where I am, I had all documents with me , but I needed only my contract, even photos were made by the Immigration officer, a good friend)

When you've got all the stuff and finally make it to Krung Thep, try to avoid that the gloved guy gets your application, he's such an <deleted> that i don't even find the right words for him.

There're stickers everywhere saying; " We love teachers", but this guy started yelling at me like I was a little boy because he didn't like that I started at a new school.

He shouted at me very loud: No no no, you no have degree in education bla bla bla so loud that all people were staring at me.

He then handed my documents over to another woman who even checked if i was entitled to have the full license. She immediately told me that I could pick up my 3rd waiver an hour later, which i did.

But i had no chance to talk to the younger female who wanted to check on my degree.

Sly, if you're interested to upgrade your existing BA, please page me. I've just finished my first term out of two and will graduate in October, then apply for my full license.

27.5 K for one term and you can pay them in monthly installments. Have a good one.- thumbsup.gif

haha yeah I'll try to avoid the gloved guy, although I very very rarely rub Thai people the wrong way, so won't be too worried :) Particularly if I make sure that I've already got all of the correct documents.

I'll try and get a copy of my transcript sent over though, hopefully it won't take too long :)

Sly, you won't get another waiver without transcripts, even some Immigration officers want to see them. ( Not where I am, I had all documents with me , but I needed only my contract, even photos were made by the Immigration officer, a good friend)

When you've got all the stuff and finally make it to Krung Thep, try to avoid that the gloved guy gets your application, he's such an <deleted> that i don't even find the right words for him.

There're stickers everywhere saying; " We love teachers", but this guy started yelling at me like I was a little boy because he didn't like that I started at a new school.

He shouted at me very loud: No no no, you no have degree in education bla bla bla so loud that all people were staring at me.

He then handed my documents over to another woman who even checked if i was entitled to have the full license. She immediately told me that I could pick up my 3rd waiver an hour later, which i did.

But i had no chance to talk to the younger female who wanted to check on my degree.

Sly, if you're interested to upgrade your existing BA, please page me. I've just finished my first term out of two and will graduate in October, then apply for my full license.

27.5 K for one term and you can pay them in monthly installments. Have a good one.- thumbsup.gif

Could you please post the information here?

I sent you a PM a few days ago but, as yet, no answer.

The requirements for a waiver include the transcripts, so I think that should be covered if you don't want problems. Continuing development is very open, and the course in Thai language may count towards this, but I'm not 100% it will (not education related though it will make teaching easier). If the Thai culture was done before the first waiver, it may not count as development since then, but I can't see how your tests for the full license cannot be taken into account. I'm sure you will be OK, just make sure you take everything possible with you (as I know you will). Take the misses too, face to face with somebody who understands the system will have you flying through

Take the misses too, face to face with somebody who understands the system will have you flying through

Taking the misses means taking the baby, so I'll probably be flying solo :(

I think that I should be fine though, just gotta wait for my uni to send me a copy of my transcript.

3rd waiver will be the tricky one, as I guess I'll need to show additional development over the next 2-3 years, and without any exams or seminars available for foreign teachers, the only option might be a 1 year diploma or similar (Which is a bit more time, money & work than what I'd ideally like, although maybe an easier way to qualify for a full licence will come up in the next year or so).

Try the Phillipenes teaching diploma if you are going to do a year. i have seen the work and itr is really easy. You need to attend 3 weekends a year though. People are getting a full licence using it. PGCE is another option, but you have plenty of time for things to change before your next one.

If I'm not mistaken, you don't have to have completed the course just be doing it wink.png

Take the misses too, face to face with somebody who understands the system will have you flying through

Taking the misses means taking the baby, so I'll probably be flying solo sad.png

I think that I should be fine though, just gotta wait for my uni to send me a copy of my transcript.

3rd waiver will be the tricky one, as I guess I'll need to show additional development over the next 2-3 years, and without any exams or seminars available for foreign teachers, the only option might be a 1 year diploma or similar (Which is a bit more time, money & work than what I'd ideally like, although maybe an easier way to qualify for a full licence will come up in the next year or so).

The 3rd waiver isn't a big deal when you're staying at your school and you show some personal development in form of certificates, etc..

Don't get lost on a bar stool at Nana when you're alone. Eyes are everywhere. bah.gif

Try the Phillipenes teaching diploma if you are going to do a year. i have seen the work and itr is really easy. You need to attend 3 weekends a year though. People are getting a full licence using it. PGCE is another option, but you have plenty of time for things to change before your next one.

If I'm not mistaken, you don't have to have completed the course just be doing it wink.png

Mate, not really true and you've been reported to the TVF brain police.

How should ASEAN work out when teachers don't even know how to spell Philippines properly? facepalm.gif

It's not even a full year and you need to drive to Bangkok, Korat, Pattaya, ( maybe soon Chiang Mai) as well, on four weekends ( for one day) the first term.

Only three so called face to face classes in the second term. All together 55 K.

An enrollment form, or a statement from them that you've enrolled ( a 5 K down payment) should be enough to grant you another waiver, if gloffy makes problems.

How should ASEAN work out when teachers don't even know how to spell Philippines properly? facepalm.gif

It's not even a full year and you need to drive to Bangkok, Korat, Pattaya, ( maybe soon Chiang Mai) as well, on four weekends ( for one day) the first term.

Only three so called face to face classes in the second term. All together 55 K.

An enrollment form, or a statement from them that you've enrolled ( a 5 K down payment) should be enough to grant you another waiver, if gloffy makes problems.

That was an exceptional attempt to spell Philippines in my opinion lol, and you can double up classes on a weekend to get 2 sittings done in a weekend (my mate has done that already).

By the way, never critique my posts again. Otherwise, I will be on your past posts like a hawk (including this one and it's grammar and punctuation) biggrin.png ; especially those written late at nightdrunk.gif

Could you please post the information here?

I sent you a PM a few days ago but, as yet, no answer.

I analogize for not having read your message, no idea what went wrong.

Please see: http://www.thailandteaching.asia/forums/qualifications-courses.7/

That was an exceptional attempt to spell Philippines in my opinion lol, and you can double up classes on a weekend to get 2 sittings done in a weekend (my mate has done that already).

By the way, never critique my posts again. Otherwise, I will be on your past posts like a hawk (including this one and it's grammar and punctuation) biggrin.png ; especially those written late at nightdrunk.gif

Guess you know that i was joking. You gotta buy me a beer for educating you next time. ( But no Archa, please, stopped that shit).- coffee1.gif

BTW, I'm not attending the f 2 f classes. My leg says no to it and they're okay with it.

Guess you know that i was joking. You gotta buy me a beer for educating you next time. ( But no Archa, please, stopped that shit).- coffee1.gif

BTW, I'm not attending the f 2 f classes. My leg says no to it and they're okay with it.

yeah, I know it's a joke; as is my taste in lager. I've elevated through Chang to the lofty hights of Leo now though. My mate is pissing through the face to face, so it is out of the way

Hope all is well mate

Wait a minute, are you saying that you are fit enough to go to work every day, but too unwell to attend the very low amount of face-to-face classes for the diploma ?

Archived